Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I still think Domi can be successful. I don't think he's a 1C. Maybe not even a 2C.
I think stick him on a wing (or maybe 2C) and let him go and I think he will be fine.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I would maybe try - at some point - to play Domi with Texier for some games.

To see if we can find some chemistry between them.
Those two guys struggle a bit at Center for different reasons (Texier : still very young / makes defensive mistakes / bad in FO & Domi : has just 0 impact everywhere on the ice for now, except some short offensive flashes).
They could maybe switch each other from C position to LW/RW during the game to put less pressure on them defensively.
I'm not sure who would be the 3rd guy though.. and not sure if you could rely enough on this line.

Anyway I'd prefer to cheer for a Laine - Texier - Bjorkstrand line before, of course :naughty:

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
Anderson didn't want to be here. He wasn't going to sign. He's been injured and its an injury that could have impacted his long term (you know, like the deal he wanted) and we're screaming because he's played well in 10g coming back from that injury. I hope for his sake the deal he wanted holds up - I just don't think it will.

All this talk about what he is doing in MTL isn't about what Domi is/isn't doing here. Yet. He's a new guy in a new city with a lot of responsibility. He went from being a 2C to a 1C in a dressing room that he didn't have camp with. He isn't expected to play freely, but play the teams style. I hope for his sake the deal he signed holds up, too.

We're keen to point out that Josh has 6G2A to start the season. Excellent for him. The team has also scored a ton more. It's not like Josh Anderson showed up there and suddenly the team is scoring in droves. There are four guys in MTL that have more points than anybody here in CBJ. Two of those guys have 13 points - 1 point less than our top TWO players.

We're quick to forget that CBJ are notoriously slow starters. They didn't have camp this year, either. We connect every individual problem into some wild "Chicken Little" scenario where the whole thing just automatically needs blown up. Pessimism reeks in here.

CBJ can be better. They will be better. It's 2021, not 2020 and no Dougie Mac.

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
That's not true. He had the same ask with Jarmo as he had with Bergevin. $5.5m x 7.

Jarmo wouldn't meet him at that term.

So do you want me to add the caveat that "He didn't want to be here for the rate/term of the deal that was offered" so it leaves no room for people to infer? It doesn't change the end result - he chose not to accept the contract that was offered, felt he could get a better deal, was involved in a trade that netted him said better deal.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So do you want me to add the caveat that "He didn't want to be here for the rate/term of the deal that was offered" so it leaves no room for people to infer? It doesn't change the end result - he chose not to accept the contract that was offered, felt he could get a better deal, was involved in a trade that netted him said better deal.

Yeah actually that is a crucial thing to mention, given that many people are baselessly saying now that "Josh wanted out" and that we have another high profile player who just forced his way out. "Anderson didn't want to be here. He wasn't going to sign." makes it sound closer to the Dubois situation. Yes, please clarify.

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
Yeah actually that is a crucial thing to mention, given that many people are baselessly saying now that "Josh wanted out" and that we have another high profile player who just forced his way out. "Anderson didn't want to be here. He wasn't going to sign." makes it sound closer to the Dubois situation. Yes, please clarify.

I'll be sure to be responsible for anything people may infer from my future posts.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I haven't liked Domi's game at all, and we might conclude this year that he just isn't going to fit with the team. But that's more about him not being the right acquisition.

Josh was insisting on a $5.5m x 7 deal, and Jarmo came close to that but would not sign him to such a risky deal. And if you agree that you shouldn't sign Josh to that deal (everyone here did), then it's just a matter of the return. What else could we have had? I tend not to think it was anything of much value. If Domi doesn't fit, he'll be gone this summer, just like Josh would be if he wasn't traded. Bad trade, sure, but nothing franchise altering.

I like this way of thinking about the Anderson-Domi trade. In terms of what could be had for Josh, I think it is also important to remember what Josh was at the time the trade was made: a player coming off a 1-goal season with a history of injury, not the current guy who has 6 goals in 10 games. (As somewhat of an aside, I distinctly remember Habs fans in the mains ridiculing any suggestion of a trade involving Josh because of his 1 goal season). Anyway, if Josh was playing like this as a Jacket this year, I imagine his value would have been higher at the TDL, but you know what they say about hindsight. I still believe Jarmo did as well as could have been expected in this trade.

Reactions: majormajor

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Why are we being so quick to judge? We went from this being an amazing trade to this trade being Jarmo's worst. Good lord I'm glad I didn't base my marriage on the first 2 weeks. I knew what I was getting from dating but certainly marriage is different and some adjust differently than others. Sure, maybe not the perfect analogy but this thread is no different than the one on the mains. Those who thought Andy was trash and a 1 goal player now quickly say how well they supported the trade and how MB fleeced JK.

Can we let them play a little. This team has been a mess from the start. You need look no further than our play from the defensemen. I would argue our "3rd pair" is the only one that's been worth a damn. Does that mean the other 4 guys suck? of course not, but something is not right and it isn't just Domi that's been under whelming. I don't want to come back here after CBJ wins 5 straight and Domi has 8 pts in 5 games to hear you all heaping praise. I'll call you out! :)

Seriously, the team sucks right now. This isn't unusual for CBJ and an even more unusual start to the season with camp. Let's see what happens (well, I know some of you will at least take a breath...others, yeah, deaf ears)

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Man imagine Laine/Anderson on a line together...

Ok I will.

I don't see the fit unless you've got a great all around playmaker up the middle, which we don't have. Anderson works with Drouin-Suzuki because they already have a strong passing and possession thing going on, Anderson is more like the finisher on that unit.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
In hindsight the trade is still fine, specially with PLD no longer being here. Anderson might turn out to be the better player but I really doubt he'd be anywhere as productive here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
In hindsight the trade is still fine, specially with PLD no longer being here. Anderson might turn out to be the better player but I really doubt he'd be anywhere as productive here.

I think he absolutely could be huge for us right now. But if Jarmo wasn't giving him 7 years then Anderson is gone at the end of the year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why are we being so quick to judge? We went from this being an amazing trade to this trade being Jarmo's worst. Good lord I'm glad I didn't base my marriage on the first 2 weeks. I knew what I was getting from dating but certainly marriage is different and some adjust differently than others. Sure, maybe not the perfect analogy but this thread is no different than the one on the mains. Those who thought Andy was trash and a 1 goal player now quickly say how well they supported the trade and how MB fleeced JK.

Some of us weren't so happy with the trade from the start ;)

But yeah I get what you're saying. Especially the bold. We'll see how Domi pans out but the early returns are looking very ugly. Not only is he a mess at center but he's not even playing like the same player we traded for right now.

Reactions: HabsAddict

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I like what I have seen from Max so far. Anderson is on fire & good for him, but he didn't play that way for and was really bad last year. I'm glad he bounced back. Domi will be ok for us, it's only the 1st inning eh?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I like what I have seen from Max so far. Anderson is on fire & good for him, but he didn't play that way for and was really bad last year. I'm glad he bounced back. Domi will be ok for us, it's only the 1st inning eh?

The guy scored nearly 30 goals for us one year. What do you mean he didn’t play that way here? He looks like the same guy to me.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

But yeah I get what you're saying. Especially the bold. We'll see how Domi pans out but the early returns are looking very ugly. Not only is he a mess at center but he's not even playing like the same player we traded for right now.

I’ve seen only a period or two of Columbus so far this year and from the very limited time I’ve seen Domi he looks exactly like last year and especially in the Playoff; Uninterested.

Domi is a hell of a player with a unique skillset but... I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like if he’s not the center of the attention, ovationed and loved unconditionally, the guy mentally checks out.

Reactions: HabsAddict

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I’ve seen only a period or two of Columbus so far this year and from the very limited time I’ve seen Domi he looks exactly like last year and especially in the Playoff; Uninterested.

Domi is a hell of a player with a unique skillset but... I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like if he’s not the center of the attention, ovationed and loved unconditionally, the guy mentally checks out.

This take is comical. "I've never only watched a period or two". Domi isn't playing uninspired. He is extremely hard working, despite not seeing the results so far. Love his interviews too. Out of all the years I've watched the Jackets, he's a top 3 interview for me. Very knowledgeable about the game and very passionate about this team.

Reactions: Viqsi

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

I don't disagree but if I'm pointing fingers, it's currently at the unfathomable crap play of the defense, specifically Jones and Z. The defense, transition and forecheck was the driver for this team. Right now none of it is there and I don't think Andy or Domi would make a bit of difference. It's only magnified because Domi was the 2C we were looking for with no fall back in the other areas. I'm interested to see the next 10 games or so with what should be considered a full roster right now.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

I wouldn’t say uninterested or unmotivated. I just think he’s thinking too much and has no chemistry with anyone right now. Maybe him at wing will loosen him up

Reactions: leesmith and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->