Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anderson

Was a factor in front of Tampa net. No doubt affecting Vasilevskly . A few times he manhandled both Sergechev and Chernak.

Yeah but that really doesn’t tilt the scales that much when you’re clearly overmatched

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Anderson

Was a factor in front of Tampa net. No doubt affecting Vasilevskly . A few times he manhandled both Sergechev and Chernak.
He wouldn’t have changed the outcome.....on the other hand, I like your handle JC was one of my favorite Habs back in the day (though #12 was my guy).

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hoping Domi is good, and actually a center.

If not, Jarmo is probably going to be regretting this deal. The contract Anderson signed is a bit long, but he's going to be a force for 4-5 years of that contract if he stays healthy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hoping Domi is good, and actually a center.

If not, Jarmo is probably going to be regretting this deal. The contract Anderson signed is a bit long, but he's going to be a force for 4-5 years of that contract if he stays healthy.

If Domi struggles he might regret not going for a different center, if he could have gotten Danault or someone more solid like that.

I don't think we'll be in a position to say whether he'll regret moving Josh until probably five years from now. Josh could be really great for a few years and then be 100% dead cap for the last few years.

IIRC it was Friedman that reported that before the trade Jarmo gave Josh one last big offer (something more than $5m x 6) and Josh said it had to be $5.5m x 7. So he trades him, and Josh kept his line with Bergevin and got himself the infamous deal. I've been critical of Jarmo (and anyone) who doesn't appreciate how damn good Josh can be but it's hard to say Jarmo didn't appreciate Josh with that final offer.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If Domi struggles he might regret not going for a different center, if he could have gotten Danault or someone more solid like that.

I don't think we'll be in a position to say whether he'll regret moving Josh until probably five years from now. Josh could be really great for a few years and then be 100% dead cap for the last few years.

IIRC it was Friedman that reported that before the trade Jarmo gave Josh one last big offer (something more than $5m x 6) and Josh said it had to be $5.5m x 7. So he trades him, and Josh kept his line with Bergevin and got himself the infamous deal. I've been critical of Jarmo (and anyone) who doesn't appreciate how damn good Josh can be but it's hard to say Jarmo didn't appreciate Josh with that final offer.

I don't blame Jarmo for trading Anderson after he rejected that deal.

I blame Jarmo for making it get to this point in the first place.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
One has to imagine though Domi is absolutely salivating at the opportunity in front of him. He goes from being forced to the wing and put down the depth chart to suddenly essentially competing for the 1C spot depending whatever a Dubois deal returns.

Getting another young(ish) center might be good to breed some competition between them

Reactions: I3LI3

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm been a Habs fan since my father put the toddler on his shoulder and watched cup parades from the late 50s.

I've seen a lot of Hab superstars but the one that stand out are the tough guys with speed and hands. Maurice Richard was a God in that department. Last one we had was John LeClair, a name that probably means nothing to most of you. He was the same size, same speed, same hands and same nasty disposition as Anderson. He was traded and formed the Legion of Doom with Lindros. He went from a 19 and 19 goals to 51-50-51-43-40. Why? Because he could.

I read that Anderson was playing with Dubois, who is also Lindros size, perhaps they hadn't taken the next step. Then again, Lindros was a natural born killer. Think Tkachuk, but bigger and nastier.

With Suzuki, he's playing with a kid that has exceptional vision and skill. Amd Drouin, highly gifted but largely a perimeter player.....until tonight. That line won't crush anyone, but it has a pile of talent.

Anderson is LeClair V2.

As for Domi....

The kid has a chip on his shoulder. He can drive his line and a natural winger would be....you guessed it...Anderson. He can play the 200 ft game but occasionally gets lazy about it.

You need to pair him with aggressive and 200ft wingers. If you don't, he'll try to do everything himself and his frustration will show.

He's actually concerned about his career and it fell apart in Montreal because he found himself with two younger centers rising rapidly and an exceptional defensive center that all of a sudden pushed him down to 4C. That was the end of that in Montreal.

He is a legitimate 2C. Give him the right wingers and he will get points for you.

PS....if Torts rides him, it will get ugly.

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Frankly, Danault was atrocious tonight, he looked like a guy who has zero offensive skills

His game is mostly about being an exceptional defensive center. He gets his points because he played with what were our best wingers. With Suzuki eating his lunch and Kk about to steal his lunch money, his role will be almost strictly defensive.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm been a Habs fan since my father put the toddler on his shoulder and watched cup parades from the late 50s.

I've seen a lot of Hab superstars but the one that stand out are the tough guys with speed and hands. Maurice Richard was a God in that department. Last one we had was John LeClair, a name that probably means nothing to most of you. He was the same size, same speed, same hands and same nasty disposition as Anderson. He was traded and formed the Legion of Doom with Lindros. He went from a 19 and 19 goals to 51-50-51-43-40. Why? Because he could.

I read that Anderson was playing with Dubois, who is also Lindros size, perhaps they hadn't taken the next step. Then again, Lindros was a natural born killer. Think Tkachuk, but bigger and nastier.

With Suzuki, he's playing with a kid that has exceptional vision and skill. Amd Drouin, highly gifted but largely a perimeter player.....until tonight. That line won't crush anyone, but it has a pile of talent.

Anderson is LeClair V2.

As for Domi....

The kid has a chip on his shoulder. He can drive his line and a natural winger would be....you guessed it...Anderson. He can play the 200 ft game but occasionally gets lazy about it.

You need to pair him with aggressive and 200ft wingers. If you don't, he'll try to do everything himself and his frustration will show.

He's actually concerned about his career and it fell apart in Montreal because he found himself with two younger centers rising rapidly and an exceptional defensive center that all of a sudden pushed him down to 4C. That was the end of that in Montreal.

He is a legitimate 2C. Give him the right wingers and he will get points for you.

It's really hard to take any of this seriously when you feel the need to explain to us who Lindros and Leclair are.

But yeah, you'll enjoy Anderson. You'll get a big old "duh" from pretty much everyone here on that front.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Anderson is LeClair V2.

As for Domi....

And people wonder why the Habs fanbase is hated on here? Lose the condescension and try again some other time. Most of us have been watching hockey for decades and are extremely familiar with the names you mentioned.

Reactions: rotsbu and Jovavic

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So on the one hand I’m a big Andy fan and I’ll be happy to see him succeed.

On the other hand I kind of want these two goals to be the only goals he scored this year just for the sheer comic value of the Habs fans’ meltdown.

Reactions: cslebn and Monk

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Habs really couldn't have asked for a better start from him -- though its only 1 game. Figures to be overreactions from both sides.

I'm certainly anxious to see what Domi can do.

Reactions: cslebn

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So on the one hand I’m a big Andy fan and I’ll be happy to see him succeed.

On the other hand I kind of want these two goals to be the only goals he scored this year just for the sheer comic value of the Habs fans’ meltdown.

Yeah... shooting 7 times per game, I doubt he's going to go scoreless all season long ;).

All chirping aside, I don't expect him to play like a beast like this night in and night out. He's going to be a physical presence and open up some ice for Suzuki and Drouin. If he can get close to 20-20 this season, it's going to be GREAT. Anything more than 15-15 and a sustained physical presence, is fine with me in 56 games.

As for Domi, I fully expect him to play great tonight. He's the kind of guy who usually raises his game when he's emotionally involved, which he will be tonight.

Reactions: majormajor

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Although a one game sample I think it is a very small bit indicative of how Torts' system hinders the offensive abilities of some guys. If Andy continues to put up goals and A's it will add to the evidence. William Karlsson will be a witness for the prosecution.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad