Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One thing needs to be mentioned here....

Suzuki and Drouin have exceptional vision and skill. Even though Anderson can make his own breaks, he benefits from that. If Drouin wasn't so soft, that line would be top 10 in the league.

Its almost the classic line of a corner man, a playmaker and a finisher...except the finisher is also a corner man.

My only complaint....he has to stop taking runs. Every time he misses, I cringe.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Suzuki and Drouin have exceptional vision and skill. Even though Anderson can make his own breaks, he benefits from that. If Drouin wasn't so soft, that line would be top 10 in the league.

Its almost the classic line of a corner man, a playmaker and a finisher...except the finisher is also a corner man.

My only complaint....he has to stop taking runs. Every time he misses, I cringe.

Goals while being the beneficiary of others vision and ability are still goals. Anderson doesn’t drive play but his speed and size make him a force to be dealt with. He frees up their ice just as much as they do for him. He’s a great player. A true 2nd line power forward who can do anything you want. His vision is limited, and he’s not entirely accurate with his shot, but that’s literally his only shortcomings as a player. He’s a bull, and I’m a big fan.

I didn’t like this trade from the moment it was rumored but it is what it is. Good for Andy

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Anderson is big, fast, and willing to shoot. His shot is not great, but it is ok, and you don’t score if you don’t shoot. He was drafted in the 4th round, and he plays like a guy who was drafted in the 4th round who has something to prove. He was fun to watch in Columbus, and I am happy for his success. The short term risk is that he plays hard and hurts himself. And the long term risk is 31 year Josh Anderson is not worth the contract, let alone 32 or 33 year old Josh Anderson.

I also wonder what is going to happen to the winner of the North. Would anyone be surprised if the winner of the North looks great beating up the other Canadian teams and then gets swept by a team like Tampa or Boston or Vegas? Last year there was one Canadian team in the final 8. The year before there were none. Winnipeg made the Conference finals in 2018 and lost 4-1.

What would Montreal would look like playing against teams like Carolina, Dallas, and Tampa? 9 of Montreal’s 12 games were against the Canucks, Flames, and Senators who are the bottom 3 teams in the North. They have 28 goals in 5 games against the Canucks. The Canucks have given up 55 goals in 14 games - that is 4 goals per game. And that includes three games against Ottawa where Ottawa could only score 1 goal each game. So when not playing Ottawa, the Canucks have given up 52 goals in 11 games. (Note: people are complaining about our defense and we have allowed 37 goals in 12 games.)

Reactions: thebus88

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Anderson is big, fast, and willing to shoot. His shot is not great, but it is ok, and you don’t score if you don’t shoot. He was drafted in the 4th round, and he plays like a guy who was drafted in the 4th round who has something to prove. He was fun to watch in Columbus, and I am happy for his success. The short term risk is that he plays hard and hurts himself. And the long term risk is 31 year Josh Anderson is not worth the contract, let alone 32 or 33 year old Josh Anderson.

I also wonder what is going to happen to the winner of the North. Would anyone be surprised if the winner of the North looks great beating up the other Canadian teams and then gets swept by a team like Tampa or Boston or Vegas? Last year there was one Canadian team in the final 8. The year before there were none. Winnipeg made the Conference finals in 2018 and lost 4-1.

What would Montreal would look like playing against teams like Carolina, Dallas, and Tampa? 9 of Montreal’s 12 games were against the Canucks, Flames, and Senators who are the bottom 3 teams in the North. They have 28 goals in 5 games against the Canucks. The Canucks have given up 55 goals in 14 games - that is 4 goals per game. And that includes three games against Ottawa where Ottawa could only score 1 goal each game. So when not playing Ottawa, the Canucks have given up 52 goals in 11 games. (Note: people are complaining about our defense and we have allowed 37 goals in 12 games.)

I didn't know that Anderson was a 4th round pick. Talking about beating the odds!

Of course I'm concerned about playing in a soft division. It makes teams complacent and soft. We had a tough time beating the AHL Hens because they played a hard trap. Couldn't make a pass to save out life. Beaten to the puck by players who wouldn't make the bottom 6 of most teams. That's not contender stuff, but neither is it terminally worrysome.

It's a problem that won't go away this season so let's see what happens. As much as we don't know how good the North teams are against the best of the rest, they in turn won't know either.

My take would be that the Habs depth and the Laffs have enough high end talent talent to win it al...if they play lights out.

IF....

OR NOT....

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Goals while being the beneficiary of others vision and ability are still goals. Anderson doesn’t drive play but his speed and size make him a force to be dealt with. He frees up their ice just as much as they do for him. He’s a great player. A true 2nd line power forward who can do anything you want. His vision is limited, and he’s not entirely accurate with his shot, but that’s literally his only shortcomings as a player. He’s a bull, and I’m a big fan.

I didn’t like this trade from the moment it was rumored but it is what it is. Good for Andy

About the only thing I don't want him to do is go body bag hunting. He seems to like to hit just to hit when in fact, he needs to hit to open up space. Just use his size and bad hair day in front of the net. We got some gorillas like Edmundson and Chiarot who are much sturdier when applying the pain.

Maybe he's going to mature a bit by picking his spots and concentrating on 40-50 goal production. Sure...optimistic, but a bit more accuracy in his shot and using his speed to get to open lanes....

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Maybe he's going to mature a bit by picking his spots and concentrating on 40-50 goal production. Sure...optimistic, but a bit more accuracy in his shot and using his speed to get to open lanes....

Okay woah. I am as big of an Anderson fan as you can get, but his upside is in the 30 goal area, nowhere near 50.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Okay woah. I am as big of an Anderson fan as you can get, but his upside is in the 30 goal area, nowhere near 50.

You know the difference between a 30 goal scorer and and a 40-50 goal scorer? Teammates.

At the time, NOBODY thought LeClair was a multi year 50 goal guy.

If...if..if Drouin wasn't butter and could draw some player giving Anderson more space for his speed and size, Anderson would have a couple of more right now. As it stands, you can play Drouin close and he will cough it up. Never mind win board battles.

Solution would be to put Toffoli on that line, but you take away from the third line.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson and Anderson has 40 plus....

Toffoli-PLD-Anderson......PLD motivated ....want to bet on Anderson goal production?

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You know the difference between a 30 goal scorer and and a 40-50 goal scorer? Teammates.

At the time, NOBODY thought LeClair was a multi year 50 goal guy.

If...if..if Drouin wasn't butter and could draw some player giving Anderson more space for his speed and size, Anderson would have a couple of more right now. As it stands, you can play Drouin close and he will cough it up. Never mind win board battles.

Solution would be to put Toffoli on that line, but you take away from the third line.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson and Anderson has 40 plus....

Toffoli-PLD-Anderson......PLD motivated ....want to bet on Anderson goal production?
Nah dude, it's talent. I don't care who you put on Anderson's wing no one on the Habs is going to spoon feed Josh Anderson 50 goals consistently, 30 yes and that's really great but you're literally saying Anderson can be one of the highest goal scorers in the league which is ridiculous.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
We all know how good Anderson could be if he stayed healthy. This shouldn't surprise anyone that Montreal will likely get the better player out of this deal.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nah dude, it's talent. I don't care who you put on Anderson's wing no one on the Habs is going to spoon feed Josh Anderson 50 goals consistently, 30 yes and that's really great but you're literally saying Anderson can be one of the highest goal scorers in the league which is ridiculous.

Absolutely. I agree with you. You're right.

Wait....

8 goals in 12 games.....55 goal pace for a full season.

That's with Drouin on his line. Switch to Toffoli and then tell me how many....

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Wait....

Dude. You’ve watched him for 12 games. We watched him for 4 years. I think we know his skill sets a little better right now.

He’s on an incredible tear and his linemates do prop him up but this isn’t sustainable. He’s a 30 goal scorer. He’s not Ovechkin.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wait....

:whaaa?:

Time for bed, eh!?! :moose:

Anderson never scores 40, and I doubt he even comes close to 35. Something tells me the Habs aren’t the only addiction. :xcheers:

Teammates were never the problem when Anderson was with the CBJ.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
While I don't think Anderson is a consistent 40-50 goal scorer I do think he has a very good chance to hit 40 every once in a while. All the naysayers must have forgot already about Wild Bill. While talent counts for a lot systems and linemates also go a long ways towards production.

As for Domi, I think he should spend some time with Koivu learning the basics of playing center. He's not in juniors anymore and he needs to learn he can't out talent everyone on the ice.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Wait....

Yea I'm sure he'll keep this pace up for the next 8 years :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
While I don't think Anderson is a consistent 40-50 goal scorer I do think he has a very good chance to hit 40 every once in a while. All the naysayers must have forgot already about Wild Bill. While talent counts for a lot systems and linemates also go a long ways towards production.

As for Domi, I think he should spend some time with Koivu learning the basics of playing center. He's not in juniors anymore and he needs to learn he can't out talent everyone on the ice.
Oh you mean the same Karlsson who hit 40G once because he was shooting at an unheard of pace of 23%?!

Karlsson will be lucky to hit 30 again in his career. As for Anderson I think he could hit 30 a few more times but I HIGHLY doubt he comes within striking distance of 40

Reactions: Viqsi

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
:whaaa?:

Time for bed, eh!?! :moose:

Anderson never scores 40, and I doubt he even comes close to 35.

Never is asking to eat crow. NHL could change the rules next year and allow 5 on 2 powerplays with 3 guys in the box and suddenly he's a 40 goal scorer but only the 22nd best scorer in the league.

Will he be a consistent 40 goal scorer? Likely not. Consistent 30 goal scorer? Maybe he puts two or three seasons together. Around 25 goals a season for the majority of this contract? I could see that.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Domi has very good hands, battles, and can be one of the most dangerous and creative passers in the league.

You guys are thirteen games into the season, right? Give Domi time. Anderson just has to play a north-south powerforward game. That's an easy role to play compared to Domi's, so don't be freaked out at the stark contrast in their starts.

Signed,
Some Oilers fan

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Domi has very good hands, battles, and can be one of the most dangerous and creative passers in the league.

You guys are thirteen games into the season, right? Give Domi time. Anderson just has to play a north-south powerforward game. That's an easy role to play compared to Domi's, so don't be freaked out at the stark contrast in their starts.

Signed,
Some Oilers fan

A voice of reason....you won’t fit in round here

puckie

Jan 19, 2020

I was not sure about the trade as a Habs fan. It looks great for us now. Anderson has made Suzuki's stats look good like putting away the rebounds from missed breakaways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad