Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Loved what I saw from him last game. He was pretty much the only forward that played well. He's close to making me eat my words questioning him before the season if they can start getting some goals with the chances he creates. The chance he set up for Kuraly should have been a goal.

I love that he's learning that he can beat guys inside with his skating and puck skills. You can see the progression. He would often opt for the perimeter or try to dish the puck in years past. He's taking the puck to dangerous areas much more frequently now.

I'm very intrigued by the Bjork - Studnicka - DeBrusk line for tomorrow (if they play lol). That's some serious speed and skill, it would be great to see some production. The Devils showed us what you can do with a few quick skill guys that can win races and move the puck around with pace. I'm hoping this line can show us something similar, especially against a depleted Flyers lineup.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The problem with Bjork is simply his inability to finish.

He’s one of those guys who is typically pretty noticeable in a game, but he just lacks the ability to score at this level.

While I think he can be a valuable 9th-12th forward and penalty killer, I have no problem if they move him now as part of a package for a scorer or 3D, while some might still think he can develop into something more.

Reactions: veganbruin

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

He’s one of those guys who is typically pretty noticeable in a game, but he just lacks the ability to score at this level.

While I think he can be a valuable 9th-12th forward and penalty killer, I have no problem if they move him now as part of a package for a scorer or 3D, while some might still think he can develop into something more.
Why would any other gm trade bjork for a goal scorer? And why do the bruins need a 3D?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why would any other gm trade bjork for a goal scorer? And why do the bruins need a 3D?

1. I said in a package for a goal scorer.

He’s young and cost controlled and could be paired with a pick or prospect for a veteran winger who can score...i.e. Palmieri.

2. I don’t think I’m alone in thinking they need a well rounded defenseman who can defend and put some points on the board.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
1. I said in a package for a goal scorer.

He’s young and cost controlled and could be paired with a pick or prospect for a veteran winger who can score...i.e. Palmieri.

2. I don’t think I’m alone in thinking they need a well rounded defenseman who can defend and put some points on the board.
I think it’s one of the best young d in the league. And I think bjork looks really good.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

ya he definitely needs to start shooting and finishing more, I’ve been impressed with his improvement on the forecheck and possessing the puck this year though. If he gets traded it’s not a huge loss, but I think he can find a solid role as a 4th line winger.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it’s one of the best young d in the league. And I think bjork looks really good.

But he just can’t score.

And I agree that the defense has been good....but like you said it’s young.

My issue is that with one acquisition up front, the forward are cup-worthy.

I don’t think the defense is just yet.

Reactions: Kegs

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
But he just can’t score.

I wouldn’t agree with that. Only 1 line can score 5on5, that’s gotta be one large acquisition to make it cup worthy IMO. Or Debrusk, Coyle, Krejci need to turn their games around.

I think Bjork is playing well in this roll he’s in but I don’t see him producing much more than that. Bottom 6 player, has motor, no finish.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I wouldn’t agree with that. Only 1 line can score 5on5, that’s gotta be one large acquisition to make it cup worthy IMO. Or Debrusk, Coyle, Krejci need to turn their games around.

I think Bjork is playing well in this roll he’s in but I don’t see him producing much more than that. Bottom 6 player, has motor, no finish.

Fair enough.

I guess it depends on who they bring in.

Reactions: The National

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
But he just can’t score.

At the trade deadline they can add a scorer on an expiring contract for some draft picks. Generally this is how it happens. I never find the rentals move the needle much tho. Minus adding peverly. Peverly was a huge addition for that cup run. Losing wheeler tho. Wheeler is a really complete player at this point. And peverly is done in the nhl. If they didn’t win the cup ppl would be livid about this trade.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Bjork is in a way complete opposite of Spooner. You notice him out there, hustling, skating, jumping, flashes of outstanding ideas but little pts to show for...Spooner, seemed lazy, hesitate to go to the corners, looked like he was coasting but came out with 2 assists.

Ignore the fact that Spooner got pp time and so on...observation.

Reactions: Kegs and Estlin

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think he has looked like a different player this year and works hard like the way Nordy did. I just hope he finds his corners better and starts potting some more goals. We do have something here to keep long term.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Estlin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
At the trade deadline they can add a scorer on an expiring contract for some draft picks. Generally this is how it happens. I never find the rentals move the needle much tho. Minus adding peverly. Peverly was a huge addition for that cup run. Losing wheeler tho. Wheeler is a really complete player at this point. And peverly is done in the nhl. If they didn’t win the cup ppl would be livid about this trade.

I get it.

No guarantees that whoever they bring in will move the needle, as you put it.

I just don’t see Bjork even being more than a third/fourth liner, so I don’t mind seeing him go.

I understand the hesitation though, because he shows flashes from time to time.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I get it.

No guarantees that whoever they bring in will move the needle, as you put it.

I just don’t see Bjork even being more than a third/fourth liner, so I don’t mind seeing him go.

I understand the hesitation though, because he shows flashes from time to time.
Ya I wouldn’t cry if he was traded. But he has really learned to use his speed. 3rd and fourth lines with a lot of speed crush opposing teams in the playoffs. I do really think bjork is worth holding. See how he took control of the puck on the pk last game? He is smart and has some hands and speed. I don’t think he will score a lot of goals. But When he peaks I can see him scoring 10-15.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Was it the goal where McCavoy got burned on a bad pinch?

2nd rangers goal. Rangers had the puck, 4 on the rush. Bjork was 3rd F on the forecheck and instead of defending the 4 on 3 he went for the puck and didn't win it.

Basically left them alot of space and then he Urho and Carlo decided to defend 2 rangers players leaving 2 more wide open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad