Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
No offense i respect your opinion but i think he has higher upside than paille and i loved him (paille) for what he brought to the table. What makes you think he is paille reincarnate with better hands? Not a loaded question btw.
Excellent on the penalty kill like Danny was good speed and covers point well but Bjork has more of a scoring touch i feel.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Another great game from Bjork tonight. He's been very impressive for a good stretch of games now, hope he continues this type of play. I was very happy to see him rewarded with a goal.

His game is really showing signs of development lately. He's getting in much better shooting spots and looking for the net consistently. He's challenging guys 1 on 1 with the puck in the offensive zone. He's reading the play well and putting himself in position to win board battles and cycle the puck. All while maintaining his very solid defensive play.

It will be hard to take him out of the lineup when everyone is healthy if he can keep playing like this.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I like his game. I don’t think he will ever be a goal scorer. But I like his positioning. And I like how he uses his speed and he seems to be really getting good along the walls. He killing penalties too. I think he is more of an asset then we give him credit for around here. He has become a whipping boy and I don’t think it’s deserved. He isn’t a top 10 draft pick. So for him to even play the role he is given so well is enough for me.

Reactions: Estlin and HustleB

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Bjork has always been fast, but he's really kicked it up even another notch. He might be the fasted Bruin's forward at this point. I think part of it is that he is reading the play better and thus skating with a purpose rather than just zooming around the ice in every direction.

I definitely think he has earned himself a permanent spot in the lineup provided he can maintain this level of play. He is a vital member of the PK now, and his speed and energy add a dimension that is useful to the team. I think Studnicka goes back to Prov to continue developing as a center, and Kase finds himself on the outside for a while.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Slick goal tonight to go through the wickets

love that he was physically engaged mere moments before

made a nice play, letting that puck pass him by to Jake behind the net rather than try to make a play on it then immediately going to the net and making himself available for Jake to dish to

I`ve been hard on Jake but the kid played a solid game last night

Reactions: Kegs and CDJ

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Again, admittedly I have been a Bjork critic...

He might not be producing a lot offensively, but overall, I'm absolutely fine with how he's playing. He's much more aggressive on the puck, and seems to have gained a bunch of strength in general. He looks like he's flat out bigger and stronger.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Again, admittedly I have been a Bjork critic...

He might not be producing a lot offensively, but overall, I'm absolutely fine with how he's playing. He's much more aggressive on the puck, and seems to have gained a bunch of strength in general. He looks like he's flat out bigger and stronger.
be huge for the B`s if both Bjork and Debrusk contribute, moreso Debrusk as he`s a guy most likely to produce more but doesn`t mean Bjork can`t contribute. Kid looks absolutely jacked this year

Reactions: Number4orr

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He looks great when he's not asked or expected to be a top 6 guy. Seems like he's thinking too much when he's up in more offensive roles and thrives when asked to simplify his game and play straight ahead hockey. Not unlike Kuraly and Wagner.

Reactions: sarge88 and Kegs

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m a Bjork fanboy so take this with that grain of salt but I`d like to see him on PP 2 and see what he can do, problem with that is, PP 1 usually scores so might not ever see the ice:)

I think there`s more skill there than we have seen

Reactions: Kegs and JCRO

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
I taught I remembered him having a good one timer at the beginning of his pro career. Am I getting him mixed up with someone else

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I`m a Bjork fanboy so take this with that grain of salt but I`d like to see him on PP 2 and see what he can do, problem with that is, PP 1 usually scores so might not ever see the ice:)

I think there`s more skill there than we have seen
But who would u take off the second pp to put him on it? Although the coach is rolling 4-5 forwards on the pp sometimes. I think it’s part of the reason Boston’s pp is destroying other teams. I almost expect some short handed goals against.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
But who would u take off the second pp to put him on it? Although the coach is rolling 4-5 forwards on the pp sometimes. I think it’s part of the reason Boston’s pp is destroying other teams. I almost expect some short handed goals against.
pick your poison on 2nd unit, listen, I`m not saying he should be the focal point, all I said is I`d be interested to see what he could do on the 2nd unit

Reactions: Kegs

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
If he can maintain this quality of play, I'll be fine with that.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Part of the problem at least for me was watching him play thinking points would come as an intriguing prospect. Now though I’m able to step back and watch his complete game. Kids legit on D and the forecheck. Whether or not the offense comes he’s a legit bottom 6 forward. Confidence and health seem critical for him.

Reactions: Blowfish

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He’s playing catch up hockey. Two blown shoulders isn’t easy to get over. You tend to protect the joint. This is like his first year of longer ice time. Nothing wrong in working your way up the lines based on play. That’s what DB needs to do. We live in a world where everything is in reach with a mouse. It’s not how the real world works. Kids are given ice time without earning it nowadays. Used to be you started on the forth line and worked your way up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad