Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Anders Bjork determined to prove his value in his fourth season - The Boston Globe

If Anders Bjork has learned anything from his first three years in the NHL, it’s that every year is a clean slate.

“I’ve learned that you got to prove yourself each year,” Bjork said. “And that’s something that I’ve tried to make a habit of mine is proving myself. You have a lot to prove every single year. And that’s what the best players do.”

Bjork is coming off the most productive season of his career. Last year, he finished with nine goals and 19 points in 58 games. Shoulder surgeries derailed each of his first two years, but he’s coming into the season healthy with the hopes of taking the next step toward becoming a complete player. He’s increased his weight to about 195 pounds, 10 pounds heavier than his weight coming into the league. That added bulk will be useful.

I’ve kind of steadily increased these couple of years, trying to you know, gain good strength and strength that can be used on the ice,” he said. “I think being a physical player is important. I think I like both speed and some skill, but only physicality will help enhance that. So that’s something that I’ve tried to develop and something that I’m going to keep focusing on moving forward.”

For Wednesday’s practice, Bjork skated with the fourth line alongside Sean Kuraly and Chris Wagner. Kuraly said the line is at its best when it plays to Bjork’s strengths.

“Anders is a player that brings skill and speed,” Kuraly said. “We think we can use him really well on getting down ice on the forecheck. When we’re playing our best on the line that I’ve been on is when is we’re skating and everything kind of comes from that.

“So what we’ve been talking about, [between] the three of us and who’s ever been there, it’s been let’s just skate. Let’s get up ice. And Anders does a great job of that. And hopefully, you know, we’ll get in the pocket in some good areas, and you can use his talent to finish some plays.”

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said that even though he’s starting on the fourth line, Bjork will have chances to move up.

Reactions: hrdpuk

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Put up or shut up year for this guy. I feel bad for him, I think his two injuries earlier in his career really slowed his growth.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Bjork will definitely play a few shifts with the top line tonight....that's expected.

Curious to see if Cassidy throws him out there in the 3rd.....if the game is close.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
IMO this kid still has more to show.

But he needs to show it. And no it's not from a lack of effort.

Big Bjork guy.

Reactions: HustleB

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, he definitely has the potential to be a top 6F. Fingers crossed he stays healthy this season and shows some signs of that potential.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Did Matt Martin really destroy this kid's career with one hit? It was a small sample size (very small) but before that hit:

15 Games Played -- 3 Goals -- 6 Assists -- 9 Points = 0.60 PPG

Over the course of the whole year, he was producing at a:

82 Games Played -- 16 Goals -- 33 Assists -- 49 Points

And we know the rest of the story for him. I think it's in him to reset on the 4th line and work up the lineup. He has the talent and drive. He's a hard worker. I have hopes for Bjork, still.

Reactions: JCRO

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He hasn't done enough for his talent. That said, being behind Nick Ritchie on the LW depth chart is a joke. Nick Ritchie is horrendous.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I don't have a problem with him being on the 4th line. In fact he could make for a solid career 4th liner. That's what people though his potential was when he was drafted. He shouldn't be type cast into a player that can only play in top-9 or in AHL.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think a stint on the 4th line will help round out Bjork's game. Hopefully he can get some confidence from it and earn Butch's trust, then move up the line-up and stick when there's an opportunity.

IMO Bjork is simply starting on the forth line because he is not the first option as the winger on any of the top 3 lines, but he is a solid second option for all

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
IMO Bjork is simply starting on the forth line because he is not the first option as the winger on any of the top 3 lines, but he is a solid second option for all

Butch said something along those lines today; that Bjork would move up if Craig Smith couldn't play.

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Not a bad first game for him, was noticeable early on in the period then as the game went on I just stopped hearing as much from him.

i just hope he stays healthy and gets a full...half...season in. Needs a little more experience to really judge if he can blossom into a good depth top 9 forward, maybe there is 20goal-20 assist 40/50 point depth scorer potential there. Maybe a 35 point guy.

rooting for him!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Not a bad first game for him, was noticeable early on in the period then as the game went on I just stopped hearing as much from him.

i just hope he stays healthy and gets a full...half...season in. Needs a little more experience to really judge if he can blossom into a good depth top 9 forward, maybe there is 20goal-20 assist 40/50 point depth scorer potential there. Maybe a 35 point guy.

rooting for him!

It is so frustrating when guys with all the tools can't put it together. I am optimistic this year, he looks bigger and seems more determined.

Reactions: HustleB and bme44

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Seeing they just gave him a 3 year contract, I don't see that being true for this season.
There was a young player, I can't remember his name, but after a signing a good contract and having a disappointing season he was traded. I think it was Skyler Teguin or Myler Sanguine, I can't remember.

Depending on how this season goes, he could be trade bait at the deadline.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->