Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Something I noticed last year and it seems to hold true for the most part this year is "game readiness" with guys. What I mean by that is what is considered "game ready" for a team that is a contender vs lottery team are two different things. We saw it last year with Ritchie. He came in and wasn't game ready by Bruins standards because ANH had been so bad the standard was much lower out there. Ritchie of course managed 2pt in 7gp and didn't look great in the playoffs. This year he's looked more like a guy that's ready to go and playing to a contenders standard. On the flip side, Heinen went to ANH and had 4pt in 9gp because he was playing at a standard that was of a contending team. This year he has just 9pts in 32gp. I'll be interested to see how Bjork does next year with a full season with Buffalo. I really hope he find his game and continues to play like he because that's the player we all hoped he'd be in here, it just never worked out.

100% spot on. You should never really put any stock into the best player on a terrible team. That worries me about Hall, but he's a world class talent. Bjork may do great in buffalo......Vatrano has been really good in Florida.....just wouldn't have been the same here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Remember when Ryan Donato scored a bunch of goals in his first couple games in Minnesota and everyone was making fun of us like we got hosed in the Coyle trade?
yep, and now he`s racked up a nice, tidy -10 with the Sharks, guy cares about literally one zone on the ice

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
100% spot on. You should never really put any stock into the best player on a terrible team. That worries me about Hall, but he's a world class talent. Bjork may do great in buffalo......Vatrano has been really good in Florida.....just wouldn't have been the same here.

Isn’t McDavid the best player on a terrible team? :naughty:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Remember when Ryan Donato scored a bunch of goals in his first couple games in Minnesota and everyone was making fun of us like we got hosed in the Coyle trade?
Bjork is better than Donato. In my opinion, the trade is a win-win for both teams.

Reactions: Blowfish

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'd add to that Palms was invisible last night vs Boston, which I found odd because he usually does well against us. Another good player in a bad team going to a contender.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I don’t think there’s any blame to go around even if Bjork turns into a 20 goal guy. Felt like he got his chances here and couldn’t really stick out....

I would be interested to know what other names were thrown around in that deal, if the Bruins gave the Sabres a choice of him, Kuhlman a few others or if the Sabres were really interested in Bjork.

I think Bjork was involved because Bruins mgmt figured he wouldn't develop into a player that deserves $1.6M for the next few years, so they made Buffalo take him for Lazar. The Bruins save $800k on the cap and get a guy more suited for the 4th line. Of course Buffalo is going to say they wanted Bjork, the reality is they had very little leverage in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad