Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Don't see that at all.

Then again, I never saw Marchand turning into Marchand either.

Marchand was an ***hole at every level he played at least he had that going for him. Bjork to me looks like he has no interest in making anyone mad. Last night he was slow to the boards on many occasions allowing the other player to get the puck.

You can't win with guys like this in the playoffs. As you know it's a war. Lets not get hung up on his skating there are tons of guys that can skate.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Leave Studnicka alone. He’s fine in Providence. I doubt he smells the big show besides the BlackAces, if they get knocked out of the playoffs. Let him develope. No need to rush. He’s doing good down there getting huge minutes. No room for him to get minuscule minutes in Boston.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Leave Studnicka alone. He’s fine in Providence. I doubt he smells the big show besides the BlackAces, if they get knocked out of the playoffs. Let him develope. No need to rush. He’s doing good down there getting huge minutes. No room for him to get minuscule minutes in Boston.
What? We have a clear weakness on the RW and he can fill it. He would not be playing 4th line getting miniscule minutes he would be on a scoring line.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Specific to Bjork right now. I agree that he's probably hit a wall because he's probably never played this many games and certainly not at this intensity level but I also wonder why he's not used more on PP 2 and in OT, two situations that are perfect for speedy, skilled players.

agree on both. takes a while for a lot of these kids to become steady, solid NHL players.
this is bjork's first full season with all the injuries, so patience is required. fortunately
the management group isn't as quick on the trigger as some folks here :laugh:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
What? We have a clear weakness on the RW and he can fill it. He would not be playing 4th line getting miniscule minutes he would be on a scoring line.
I don’t think we have a weakness anymore. I feel like it’s been addressed.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Bjork has been pretty bad for the last 20 games.
I don’t agree. Points wise he hasn’t gotten a lot lately, but overall his play has been good most nights but probably dipping a bit towards the end here.

Wouldn’t mind giving his spot to a Studnicka/Senyshyn for a few games but overall Bjork has been consistently very good this season. Might benefit from some rest though.

Reactions: Estlin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Replacing who? Its not like trying him on the wing is gonna make him forget how to play center. Bjork and Kuhlman are the clear weak spots on this roster and it would be good to see if Studnicka can handle it if we need him in the playoffs.

I've said before that I envisage Studnicka at 4C next season and I still believe that may well turn out to be the case. A one-year apprenticeship on the 4th line prior to moving up to replace Krejci in 2021/22 on the 2nd or follow Coyle up the chain if they decide to go that way. Kuraly can play wing as he's been doing lately anyway and Lindy will remain the reserve center. It's been clear for awhile that management are taking the long road with Stud and his time has not yet come. I expect he may get a game or two in Boston at the start of April if we have the luxury to rest a few guys before the playoffs begin, but that will be all for this year.

As for Bjork he's just going to have to work a little harder and prove he has it in him to lift his game to playoff-level intensity. He and Kuhlman are battling for one spot and that's no bad thing. Karson may not be the most skilled guy in the world but he's not shy about getting his nose dirty and being relentless on the puck, and he's already proven he can play postseason hockey, at least in short bursts. Bjork may have that little bit of extra talent but that won't count for much if he can't put it to good use on the ice. He's already come a long way this season but this is probably the next big test for him.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I don’t agree. Points wise he hasn’t gotten a lot lately, but overall his play has been good most nights but probably dipping a bit towards the end here.

Wouldn’t mind giving his spot to a Studnicka/Senyshyn for a few games but overall Bjork has been consistently very good this season. Might benefit from some rest though.

Blows my mind that more people haven't brought up Seny. He played well in his brief call up and he's a natural RW. It's about time we see if he can light a fire for himself or not. It's not like he'll play any worse than what we have jumping around lines already.

Reactions: wintersej

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Blows my mind that more people haven't brought up Seny. He played well in his brief call up and he's a natural RW. It's about time we see if he can light a fire for himself or not. It's not like he'll play any worse than what we have jumping around lines already.

Seny has just 12 points in 36 games in Providence. That's the 2nd-worst PPG of any forward who's played more than 10 games this season for the P-Bruins after Pavel Shen. He's simply not earning a call up, so if they picked him it would be purely on potential rather than making his case via on-ice performance. I know stats and production aren't everything but they're really not helping his cause - is he doing something else of enough significance in his game that warrants another crack in the big league? I'm certainly not writing him off long-term, but at the moment I'm just not sure he's demonstrating he has the form to step up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Based on what should he be called up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad