Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think after that one he really gave it to the ref.... they might take a bit from a player like Marchy or Bergy but they're not gonna sit there and get verbally assaulted by a player of Bjork's current status. Feel like he put a target on his back the rest of the game and it threw him off too. I got faith in this player, I like his game when he is playing well. He does a lot of good things when he is on the ice, he just needs to start finishing some of these good things or else he will have a hard time earning ice time.
I remember watching him at the Garden. He isn't afraid to go into the corners and makes some good sharp plays. He does seem to get fired up but I am OK with that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Let me start by saying that Bjork does share some blame here since he is one of the 12 forwards who have shown issues scoring. That said, I think he's catching way too much crap. His last game was not good; 3 penalties will do that. Even still, he showed some good things with the top line. He's been very good whenever paired with Coyle (and that's one major issues I have). The kid is moved all over the lineup and it's hard to really form chemistry. I mean, he's just a placeholder when Pastrnak returns on the top line. While he's playing with better players, he's also playing against better players. That's a big deal and Bjork has limited experience still.

I've seen a lot of good things come from Bjork this RTP. He's been confident, making plays, and using his speed. Also has shown a willingness to go to the dirty areas and hasn't been afraid of taking the body (or receiving). I think a few plays that he's had connect and end up in the back of the goal and there's not as much hate. It's easy to go to the scoreline and see 0 points in 6 games and complain. I personally don't think the stat line matches the play on the ice. He hasn't been perfect but he's been good and I don't see why you'd pull him out.

Reactions: Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Let me start by saying that Bjork does share some blame here since he is one of the 12 forwards who have shown issues scoring. That said, I think he's catching way too much crap. His last game was not good; 3 penalties will do that. Even still, he showed some good things with the top line. He's been very good whenever paired with Coyle (and that's one major issues I have). The kid is moved all over the lineup and it's hard to really form chemistry. I mean, he's just a placeholder when Pastrnak returns on the top line. While he's playing with better players, he's also playing against better players. That's a big deal and Bjork has limited experience still.

I've seen a lot of good things come from Bjork this RTP. He's been confident, making plays, and using his speed. Also has shown a willingness to go to the dirty areas and hasn't been afraid of taking the body (or receiving). I think a few plays that he's had connect and end up in the back of the goal and there's not as much hate. It's easy to go to the scoreline and see 0 points in 6 games and complain. I personally don't think the stat line matches the play on the ice. He hasn't been perfect but he's been good and I don't see why you'd pull him out.

He plays very well with Coyle and I think it's a matter of time before the points come with him, just as long as he gets consistent ice time on one line (preferably the 3rd). I actually thought he was most dangerous with Coyle and Senyshyn early on, and would like to see Bruce try that next season if not in these playoffs. All three of them seemed to feed off of each other, and Senyshyn seemed like he was playing instinctual hockey with those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln