Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
5th rounder playing well for our Bruins, this is the kind of pick teams need in a cap era. Like Heinen, think there is more production in there but also like Heinen, mid draft pick playing solid minutes for the B`s, can`t really complain too much about that

Would I veto a trade for the right piece because the opposing GM demands Bjork? Nope, said the same thing about Heinen and I`m a Heinen fanboy

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I like his speed. I also like his offensive instincts. I think he will become a 50 point guy. We shall see.

Reactions: duffy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like his speed. I also like his offensive instincts. I think he will become a 50 point guy. We shall see.

think he`ll be somewhat like Heinen, in the right situation, 40-50 pt guys, won`t bring us out of our seats but will bring steady play. Actually feel Bjork gets a bit of a free pass in the sense that the very same thing many here hammer Heinen about, Bjork does, produces but inconsistently, sometimes will look to pass rather than shoot.

I love both players, don`t think Heinen deserves a top 6 role but also don`t think he deserves all the hammering he gets here. I love Bjork`s massive improvement, he is light years better now than he was the last few years. Neither is a bruiser and I think along the wall that Heinen is typically stronger as he will win those board battles often more with his stick than body but I like both.

4th and 5th round picks, I need to remind myself of that

Reactions: duffy

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Anyone else wanna see Studnicka get a few games in Bjorks spot?

As of about 25 games ago Bjork lost his waiver exemption. They could send down Kuhlman for a spot if needed though

X-Coyle-Bjork has been bad the last few nights though. Very, very bad.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The problem with guys like Bjork --- meaning, fast, light guys --- is that they really need to be special talents to be effective because they simply can't push or power their way through checks and traffic.

I'm not saying Bjork can't become this, I think it just takes a little longer and they can look really bad against heavy teams that buy in to a defensive system and work hard, like Dallas.

I mean if Gerbe and Ennis can carve out a career, there's no doubt Bjork can as well, but it's going to take some time.

Specific to Bjork right now. I agree that he's probably hit a wall because he's probably never played this many games and certainly not at this intensity level but I also wonder why he's not used more on PP 2 and in OT, two situations that are perfect for speedy, skilled players.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Anyone else wanna see Studnicka get a few games in Bjorks spot?
This is exactly what I want to see. No lose situation - find out if Studnicka could help in the playoffs and give him some NHL experience, internal competition pushing Bjork.

Send Kuhlman down and bring Studnicka up (or LTIR Wagner if he is injured).

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

False Start

May 8, 2018
I still think he's better on the left side...

He's as up and down as most young players without lots of production. Moments where he's just a hound and can execute fantastic plays and others moments where he looks green as hell and can't make a simple play to save his life.

That shift with Ritchie late in the Dallas game was nice. He wanted the puck more than anyone else.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The problem with guys like Bjork --- meaning, fast, light guys --- is that they really need to be special talents to be effective because they simply can't push or power their way through checks and traffic.

I'm not saying Bjork can't become this, I think it just takes a little longer and they can look really bad against heavy teams that buy in to a defensive system and work hard, like Dallas.

I mean if Gerbe and Ennis can carve out a career, there's no doubt Bjork can as well, but it's going to take some time.

Specific to Bjork right now. I agree that he's probably hit a wall because he's probably never played this many games and certainly not at this intensity level but I also wonder why he's not used more on PP 2 and in OT, two situations that are perfect for speedy, skilled players.
If he can turn in to a poor mans Marchand (minus the antics) that wouldn’t be so bad.

He has the motor, I don’t question his want to do well at all. I actually like his game for the most part and don’t mind his coach using these tougher moments as a teaching tool.

He just needs to keep it simple in his own end which every young player goes through. Not one guy in the league has made it through their careers without throwing a pizza up the middle here and there lol.

He’ll figure it out.

I still think he's better on the left side...

He's as up and down as most young players without lots of production. Moments where he's just a hound and can execute fantastic plays and others moments where he looks green as hell and can't make a simple play to save his life.

Bingo! I think the gaping hole that was 2RW has just shifted to the 3rd line RW spot. Probably a better spot for Khulman to fill - but then Bjork is competing for a LW spot with Jake DeBrusk.

Bruins have too many good left wing options right now...and not enough RH shots, sound familiar?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he’s been mostly good this year, last night he had a tough turnover but it seemed like he got the message by the 3rd

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Looks to me like his brain needs to catch up with feet and hands. He's fighting it right now. Seems to over commit a little too much in the defensive zone and it gets him in trouble positionally. His transition game is good but he looks a bit indecisive once he gains the zone. Also seems to have a hard time finding the soft spots and getting open when he doesn't have the puck. I think it'll come but it will take time.

I agree with others that his spot for the playoffs is in jeopardy. I think the top 8 is basically locked in at this point but there should be all out competition between Bjork, Kuhlman and the Providence guys for that last spot. I'd love to see Studnicka, Frederic and Senyshyn given a game or two each to see how they fare.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If he can turn in to a poor mans Marchand (minus the antics) that wouldn’t be so bad.

He has the motor, I don’t question his want to do well at all. I actually like his game for the most part and don’t mind his coach using these tougher moments as a teaching tool.

He just needs to keep it simple in his own end which every young player goes through. Not one guy in the league has made it through their careers without throwing a pizza up the middle here and there lol.

He’ll figure it out.

Don't see that at all.

Then again, I never saw Marchand turning into Marchand either.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't see that at all.

you and I both friend

If Bjork can be a consistent 15-20 goal 3rd line winger who plays responsible game, I`ll be happy

Feels like he`s hit a bit of a wall in recent games which isn`t an anomaly for younger players. I`d give Seny a late season looksy here and allow Bjork to sit a few games to refocus

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
you and I both friend

If Bjork can be a consistent 15-20 goal 3rd line winger who plays responsible game, I`ll be happy

Feels like he`s hit a bit of a wall in recent games which isn`t an anomaly for younger players. I`d give Seny a late season looksy here and allow Bjork to sit a few games to refocus
That’s what I meant sorry. 15-20 goals. Play responsible in your own end.

A poor man’s Marchand. No licking

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Don't see that at all.

I think the goal is a poor man's version of Marchand's first five seasons when he was a 50 point player. Something like a 35-45 point player.

The big thing is that he needs to shoot more. His career shooting percentage is perfectly good at 12.3%. He's only averaged 1 shot on goal per game this year, and just 2 shots in his last 6 games. I don't think I need to repeat the Gretzky quote about taking shots.

I'd have him sit a game and show him some Kase tape because he takes a ton of shots.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seems like he's hit a bit of a wall the last 10 games or so. Not surprising considering the most games he's played as a pro is 39. Heck his biggest NCAA total was 41. Might be beneficial to rotate him and Kuhlman down the stretch keep em fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad