Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The biggest difference vs Last year is BOS is significantly bigger/stronger. They have 9 forwards over 6"3 210lbs+.

Florida attempted to bully BOS like they did last year and it backfired. I'll admitt I chuckled a few times watching Panthers throw a big hit only to fall flat on their a$$ and it happened several times throughout the night. The sooner Florida figures out they can't outmuscle BOS and shift their strategy to a skill game the sooner they'll win this series. I Still think is Florida in 6, I hope I'm wrong.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
A. Ekblad was beyond awful. Boys didn’t come out ready for some reason, that won’t happen again, but…

B. Boston ALWAYS charges out, looks unreal, then struggle to close. If the Bruins were salesmen, they’d all starve.

Game 1 doesn’t make a series, congrats on game 1 win. Swayman was great and the broons capitalized on Ek’s whatever tf.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The biggest difference vs Last year is BOS is significantly bigger/stronger. They have 9 forwards over 6"3 210lbs+.

Florida attempted to bully BOS like they did last year and it backfired. I'll admitt I chuckled a few times watching Panthers throw a big hit only to fall flat on their a$$ and it happened several times throughout the night. The sooner Florida figures out they can't outmuscle BOS and shift their strategy to a skill game the sooner they'll win this series. I Still think is Florida in 6, I hope I'm wrong.
Actually we were quite tame, we need to ramp up the physicality, seemed we were trying to play East West skill game the first period, that is not who we are.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Both teams have been in the exact situation before, I assume that's the worst game we will play this series. Positives are, most those goals were self afflicted on baffling giveaways. We dominated in the circle and shot clock.

If Tkachuk doesn't miss early in the 3rd on the PP and makes it 3-2, easily could have ended differently.

Amusing the obituaries being written, but Boston knows better than to think we will go away quietly, if not, game 2 is a great opportunity to remind them.
This will still be a long, physical series but what is amusing is how many thought the Bruins were going to get rolled over in four straight or five (although most weren't Florida fans).

With that defense and Swayman in goal, they have a puncher's chance in any game. They are a well-built team that plays a very structured, heavy game.

I think the Cats are better top to bottom, but the B's are the B's. Florida is going to come out flying next game, no doubt, but Bob has to be better.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Show's his game management and learning from last year

got a goal right after

where was the panther's time out? they needed one
Not to be nitpicky as the refs were the least of the issue, but Lundell was highsticked right in front of the refs face on the breakout that led to the Brazeau 4 goal back breaker.

The game was much closer than the score at the end of the game, and we held play for long stretches in the 2nd and 3rd.

Boston scored 4 goals on 5 shots while we were peppering the Bs. It is what it is, not good enough.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Or that they are up 3-1, it’s the third period, they didn’t start great and it’s just a simple reset?

You can spin it however you want, but clearly it was the perfect spot for a timeout.
Worked out no doubt, but he knew the reset was needed, and they made the neutral zone adjustment they needed to. Props to them. Still a long way to go.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Rough night for Ekblad, though it's not really all that surprising. His lack of footspeed showed on the Brazeau goal, and he had several really bad turnovers.

One of my concerns going into the playoffs for the Panthers was their defensive group. They have some elite defensive forwards, but their actual defensive core is pretty slow and overall mediocre. Aside from Forsling and Montour, they really lack footspeed.

They really really missed Sam Bennett last night, especially on their zone exits. They'll need him to return to the lineup sooner rather than later, he's one of their most important players, especially come playoff time.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Or that they are up 3-1, it’s the third period, they didn’t start great and it’s just a simple reset?

You can spin it however you want, but clearly it was the perfect spot for a timeout.
I said he was concerned, you said they needed a reset. Not sure what's the spin, even we are agreeing, lol.

Worked out for you guys. Still a bounce different and that's a different game, saying otherwise is the spin.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Actually we were quite tame, we need to ramp up the physicality, seemed we were trying to play East West skill game the first period, that is not who we are.

IMO the more they ramp up the aggression the more it will backfire, I'm not referring to winning puck battles, moreso intimidation tactics. Florida has enough skill to expose our lack of high end centers and weak faceoff winning %, I expect a huge pushback from them in game 2.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Rough night for Ekblad, though it's not really all that surprising. His lack of footspeed showed on the Brazeau goal, and he had several really bad turnovers.

One of my concerns going into the playoffs for the Panthers was their defensive group. They have some elite defensive forwards, but their actual defensive core is pretty slow and overall mediocre. Aside from Forsling and Montour, they really lack footspeed.

They really really missed Sam Bennett last night, especially on their zone exits. They'll need him to return to the lineup sooner rather than later, he's one of their most important players, especially come playoff time.
Well valid concerns, we replaced Marc Staal and Radko Gudas and Josh Mahura, with Mikkola, OEL, and Kulikov, none are burners not last year, or this year.

The same group gave up only 200 goals in the regular season, they are better not worse than last season IMO

Whole team needs to pick it up.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
IMO the more they ramp up the aggression the more it will backfire, I'm not referring to winning puck battles, moreso intimidation tactics. Florida has enough skill to expose our lack of high end centers and weak faceoff winning %, I expect a huge pushback from them in game 2.
If Boston wants to step up and clog the neutral zone, we need to chip and chase and make the Dmen hear footsteps.

Same as last year. Nobody bullied anyone last year, we simply were relentless.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Rust factor is probably legit. Florida is the better team but Swayman will be a problem and could “sway” the series, if ya know what I mean. He looks lights out. Is Bennett supposed to return?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
As much as people like dunking on Keefe, he did make a nice adjustment with Matthews out and Woll in. He mirrored the Bruins and was able to play with a more defensively conscious posture by trying to keep things tidy in front of the net in games 5 and 6.

You have to wonder if Maurice makes a similar adjustment?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well valid concerns, we replaced Marc Staal and Radko Gudas and Josh Mahura, with Mikkola, OEL, and Kulikov, none are burners not last year, or this year.

The same group gave up only 200 goals in the regular season, they are better not worse than last season IMO

Whole team needs to pick it up.
As a team they are very strong defensively, but I think that is more due to their strong defensive and possession forwards. The D group isn't terrible, but I don't think it's really very good, and under heavy forecheck pressure I think they could get exposed.

Reactions: wintersej

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
This will still be a long, physical series but what is amusing is how many thought the Bruins were going to get rolled over in four straight or five (although most weren't Florida fans).

With that defense and Swayman in goal, they have a puncher's chance in any game. They are a well-built team that plays a very structured, heavy game.

I think the Cats are better top to bottom, but the B's are the B's. Florida is going to come out flying next game, no doubt, but Bob has to be better.
The B's are historically at their best when they're doing more with less. The talent this year is less than years past and there's a massive Bergeron sized hole in the roster but we've got a solid defensive corps and our centers are good at the possession game even if they're not the most talented overall. I just wish we could win some faceoffs but it is what it is, you can't have everything.

In a way we're really rather parallel to our Cup year. Some offensive talent but the offense clearly flows from the defense, and centers that are not necessary taken seriously by other fanbases but have a lot of hidden strengths.

I would kill for playoff Krejci though.

Reactions: Just Rude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad