Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Strong debut for the kid. 4 shots on goal and 1 post. He got absolutely robbed on Kiraly’s rebound. He had terrific puck pursuit all game and was credited with a takeaway and a blocked shot. Made some nice passes 5on5 as well.
I want him on the top 9 though

The mindset is important and he needs to think aggressively

it’s also important and often lost to have a good line out after a PK or PP

having the Heinen/Bjork duo to be able to flip over the boards knowing their role after a special teams situation is important even if neither were on either group

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Liked what I saw from him. Definitely needs to play with some skill guys.

In other news, he didn't practice today. No reason given.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Strong debut for the kid. 4 shots on goal and 1 post. He got absolutely robbed on Kiraly’s rebound. He had terrific puck pursuit all game and was credited with a takeaway and a blocked shot. Made some nice passes 5on5 as well.

This is a good take

Reactions: hrdpuk

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I was def thinking that, but maybe Nordy is ready to play.
Was also thinking since they have a few days before their next game, maybe they want to get him a game in Prov? Haven't checked their schedule though. He deserves to be up though, something has to happen.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Was also thinking since they have a few days before their next game, maybe they want to get him a game in Prov? Haven't checked their schedule though. He deserves to be up though, something has to happen.

Otherwise If they would like him to stay up for real, they would use the pratice days until saturdays game for him to gel with his linemates ...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I want him on the top 9 though

The mindset is important and he needs to think aggressively

it’s also important and often lost to have a good line out after a PK or PP

having the Heinen/Bjork duo to be able to flip over the boards knowing their role after a special teams situation is important even if neither were on either group

He was in the top 9 the Heinen-Lindholm-Backes abortion of a line was clearly the 4th and played as such and was given appropriate ice time.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How does sending him down to send him up properly effect his waiver situation?

I figured the emergency thing was good and they could send him back down and not have to risk losing him when DK came back.

Last night should have been enough to lock his spot in for a while. I like Kuhlman but when he returns from his month absence I think he should go to Providence and score some goals. Unless we are totally decimated and Lindholm and Backes are still playing and we need him ASAP.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Not sure what those purposes would be. Even with this move Boston is still using LTIR which means no cap space is being accumulated.
Signing and performance bonuses on ELCs still count towards the cap above LTIR. They need to come under by that amount by the end of the year or the bonuses will carry over to next year. This may only save $1-2k but if they keep doing these paper moves between games, it will add up to substantial savings--maybe enough they only need to make 1 trade when the LTIR guys return.

Reactions: 13Hockey

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Signing and performance bonuses on ELCs still count towards the cap above LTIR. They need to come under by that amount by the end of the year or the bonuses will carry over to next year. This may only save $1-2k but if they keep doing these paper moves between games, it will add up to substantial savings--maybe enough they only need to make 1 trade when the LTIR guys return.

This move doesn't save $1-2k though. It saves $0.

Reactions: hrdpuk

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
as mouser said, i don't see how this is a cap move. more likely because he was called up
for nordstrom on emergency, who seems ready to go. plus JJ saves a few bucks on per diem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad