Player Discussion Anders Bjork II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

I would love for Bruce to put Kuraly with Bjork and Studnicka for a shift or two with the command, Gentleman full speed ahead!

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The depth in the Bruins lineup is just insane.

What's the cap situation: Capfriendly show $16m for Debrusk, Chara and Gryz. That seems pretty easy.

They can make it work if they want. We are in a very good situation cap wise.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I think this is going to be a great deal for Boston if he can stay healthy. His numbers are a bit lower than I think we expected for him this far in his career but with everything he's battled through I'm excited to see that next gear. I think he had a solid year overall and he's a well liked guy in the locker room from my understanding. Low risk high reward

Reactions: Ladyfan

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I've never been super hyped on Bjork, but this is a great contract for a bottom 6 guy who can move up to the top 6 in a bind. Hopefully he can keep developing and turn into a consistent 40 point guy.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Very high on the kid.

And this deal tells me the Bs aren’t ready to give up on him at all. Still young and has shown flashes. Just needs to stay healthy.

Im happy.

Reactions: Estlin and Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Very good deal.

Sweeney takes pressure off kid now.Good bet its him.dressing in my mind.But DeBrusk is the one who should be the target.He is 23 and a proven scorer in this league and has playoff experience galore now.Again sign the priority players first.Hey 3 yrs 1.6 or whatever it was is great though.

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The depth in the Bruins lineup is just insane.

What's the cap situation: Capfriendly show $16m for Debrusk, Chara and Gryz. That seems pretty easy.

They should have plenty of space to sign all the RFAs and Chara, plus Krug if they want to. If they don't sign Krug, then they'd probably have close to $7M to spend on someone else. The one question is if Chara re-signs for the same deal, then they'd have $2.75M in easy-to-reach performance bonuses between him and Halak, and they'd have to decide how comfortable they are carrying that over into 2021-22. I also wouldn't be shocked if Chara took an even more team-friendly deal, though that assumes that Chara hasn't changed his mind since March and decides to retire.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Even seeing that "reporter's" name on here is annoying after the Rask/Marchand bit but I'll ignore it seeing that great news!

Another great contract extension. The Bruins really need him to take that next step with production but he looked far stronger this season.

Deleted: didn't see the news item referenced here until now. No reason to bring it here.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Kid really didn’t have much of a track record to ask for more - glad they kept him in the fold but he’s still yet to become what they’ve been counting on for a couple years now.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Kid really didn’t have much of a track record to ask for more - glad they kept him in the fold but he’s still yet to become what they’ve been counting on for a couple years now.

He's had some bad luck. I think DeBrusk's going to wind up a better player when they're both in their prime than Bjork, but the biggest difference right now between the two as they both look to sign their first 'big boy' contracts is that Jake's had a pretty good run health-wise, apart from concussion concerns, while Anders has missed a lot of potential game time through injuries. Means he's playing catch up and still has more to prove. As it is, this sounds like a good deal for both him and the team so hopefully it comes to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad