Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I'm too Getzlaf to google. Does anyone know who is the best and worst on this year's team at zone entries with possession vs dump ins?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nice article on Getzlaf...

behind a paywall but to quote one part...

Honestly, I have no desire to try to chase a Cup somewhere else,” Getzlaf told The Athletic. “I’d love to bring it back to Anaheim here before I retire. It would be awesome. Again, I can’t predict the future and what’s going to unfold here and what we’re going to do.”

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not really a surprise, but good to see it in writing tbh. It's not stated outright by Getz, but it's pretty clear he really wants to be the first guy to play his entire career for the Ducks too.

Interesting that the idea of a 3 year contract extension is floated in the article too, that would be great for Anaheim if he stuck around until 2024.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not really a surprise, but good to see it in writing tbh. It's not stated outright by Getz, but it's pretty clear he really wants to be the first guy to play his entire career for the Ducks too.

Interesting that the idea of a 3 year contract extension is floated in the article too, that would be great for Anaheim if he stuck around until 2024.

Would love that if he was around a few more years. Let’s be honest, he’d be pacing for 70 points if he had finishers on his line and not knocking Silf or Rakell because they hardly been on his line this year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That Getz quote sure is gonna make a certain user very unhappy. Lol

Im glad we got an official word from him, he’s the kind of player who just has to stay with one team for his career

Was it the same poster who wrote "YESSSSS!!!!!!!" when some basement blogger in Edmonton suggested that Getz would accept a trade?

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah. Same poster who said Getz would want to be traded because he knows how great this draft will be.

That cracked me up. The whole thorough process around why they thought Getzlaf would waive was ridiculous.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It appears as though Eakins wants Terry in the lineup as opposed to Sprong. This AHL shuffling also feels like rewarding with NHL pay than NHL playing time. This has been an on-going thing all season long, which is good for youth morale as it rewards their hard work in the AHL.

Reactions: MilesNewton

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
That Getz quote sure is gonna make a certain user very unhappy. Lol

Im glad we got an official word from him, he’s the kind of player who just has to stay with one team for his career
We need to surround getzlaf with talent and get rid of our draft picks to make it happen

Reactions: Dirk316

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We need to surround getzlaf with talent and get rid of our draft picks to make it happen

Getz does have talent around him, but we're bringing in a new era. Under Murray as head coach, the team produced better with basically the same roster. The growing pains isn't with just the youth, but also with our head coach. There are lots of factors, but Getz is getting up in age and we don't want to be left with no talent. We tried the getting Getz talent earlier with Kesler and Eaves. We've always had Perry. But age catches up and those three talents can't play any longer. Because of so many injuries down the center position, we were forced to trade for C Rico years ago.

We're gonna have to grow talent or produce more potential talents for trades. The problem with more potential talents for trades is you're going to have to trade a lot of them to acquire high quality talent. That's very cyclical and could probably lead to not enough talent for a cup. What we're doing now is trying to break that cycle because we truly don't have enough talent in our system to endure more trading of talent. Unfortunately, we're going to have to play this waiting game out. From here on until we have more than enough viable NHL talents to trade, we have to be patient. "This is the way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad