Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Success of the youth movement.

Is Murray the catalyst for keeping some of them up when some of the player could use the wake up call and probably need to be sent down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Success of the youth movement.

Is Murray the catalyst for keeping some of them up when some of the player could use the wake up call and probably need to be sent down?
At some point there was just too many injuries but when there weren`t, he should have sent some down. Also now, Steel should be with the Gulls

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At some point there was just too many injuries but when there weren`t, he should have sent some down. Also now, Steel should be with the Gulls
Im curious about steel, not being down with sd at least during break... maybe hes beat up a little?

Or maybe hes working on other stuff out here /shrug

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Im curious about steel, not being down with sd at least during break... maybe hes beat up a little?

Or maybe hes working on other stuff out here /shrug

Maybe they are just giving him rest? Should be interesting. I think they are fully healthy now? Wonder if Sprong comes back up. Ritchie should be back next game.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Maybe they are just giving him rest? Should be interesting. I think they are fully healthy now? Wonder if Sprong comes back up. Ritchie should be back next game.
I could see them starting with Ritchie and if there are any weak links Sprong comes back up.

Last edited:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Personally id like to see
Ritchie getzlaf sprong
Rakell henrique silfverberg
Comtois steel kase

id like to try Rakell-Steel-Silfv in hopes to kick start Steel. I also think Rico centering Comtois and Kase would be a much better line defensively as well. Really like the combination on the top line, Ritchie can really shoot it as well. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I wonder what the plan with Sprong will be. If he spends 7 more days on the NHL roster, then he is waiver eligible. We can always just keep him up for the remainder of the season, but then he will be ineligible for the AHL playoffs (unless he clears waivers again before the trade deadline). It's also not even a guarantee the Gulls will make the playoffs anyway.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I wonder what the plan with Sprong will be. If he spends 7 more days on the NHL roster, then he is waiver eligible. We can always just keep him up for the remainder of the season, but then he will be ineligible for the AHL playoffs (unless he clears waivers again before the trade deadline). It's also not even a guarantee the Gulls will make the playoffs anyway.
Imo Sprong will finish the year with the Ducks or be traded.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Since he wasn't scratched in Saturdays game and everyone else who came down pretty much was I have a feeling he is not getting the call-up unless there is injury. Too many people now healthy and on one ways in his position.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terry reminds me of Brandon Wood's career in MLB, he could do extremely well in minors but once in the majors he would suck.
He always had that look on his face that he didn't have much confidence.
Eventually after several years of waiting for him to breakout he got traded.
Like Terry, he had all kinds of skill that he put on display in the minors.

You don't have to go outside of the organization to have a player who laid down the "great in the AHL, but couldn't directly translate it to the NHL" with C Peter Holland. Eventually, Holland got traded (with another nondescript, fringe player Staubitz) for prospect D Blacker, 2014 3rd rounder (sent as a part of a package for C Kesler), and 2014 7th rounder (which ended up being RW Kase). We're fortunate that Kase did pan out.

That's one thing about GM Murray is that he's able to play the pick forward. Holland was a 1st round pick, 15th overall, in the 2009 draft.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Manson is turning into beleskey, getting to confident and doing things he shouldn't be instead of what made him a good player. Manson roaming around like he's Erik karlsson and shit.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Manson is turning into beleskey, getting to confident and doing things he shouldn't be instead of what made him a good player. Manson roaming around like he's Erik karlsson and ****.
How right you are! Maybe he is thinking he needs to make adjustments in his game but he can't play that way.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What is De Leo's purpose in Anaheim? Is he just a healthy scratch every game?

His guaranteed minimum salary is 30k higher than his AHL salary, so he was bound to spend at least a certain number of days on the NHL roster, regardless of whether he plays.

Same goes for Pietila (100k guarantee above AHL salary), Poturalski (75k), Mueller (75k), Kloos (30k), Wideman (50k), Boyle (50k)

Last edited:

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Manson is turning into beleskey, getting to confident and doing things he shouldn't be instead of what made him a good player. Manson roaming around like he's Erik karlsson and ****.
Heh, I think you just described Bieksa.
But I would say all our D are more active than they have been in the past. So maybe Manson is just doing what Eakins is asking him to do, and it is not working out. Not that Manson was outstanding last season, either.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What is De Leo's purpose in Anaheim? Is he just a healthy scratch every game?

His guaranteed minimum salary is 30k higher than his AHL salary, so he was bound to spend at least a certain number of days on the NHL roster, regardless of whether he plays.

Same goes for Pietila (100k guarantee above AHL salary), Poturalski (75k), Mueller (75k), Kloos (30k), Wideman (50k), Boyle (50k)

Heusy explained it perfectly. I'll just add that I have no doubts these AHL guys see being in the NHL, even in the pressbox, as a huge promotion. It feels like they're rewarding players who've done well in the AHL with time with the club. The article about his first game was pretty awesome.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m not sure if it’s Eakins or the team in general, but it makes me think why they didn’t try and just hire Grönberg in this past offseason. I don’t know if he would have done any better though..

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Good to see Ritchie contributing yesterday and playing physical. Terry created many chances, Kase was vintage Kase, steel is still just "there" he is solid all around I guess but doesn't do much at all in terms of creativity, dude was so creative in juniors seems like they sucked that all out of him. Jones still gives good efforts but can't shoot for shit. Larsson is the Logan shaw of defensemen. Getzlaf was absolutely horrible. Silf looked like a new father with no sleep but still had some chances. Gibson was solid other than the shit goal line goal he let in. Steel needs to be developed to play with skill not grind and dump and chase as I've said he could benefit from being in AHL. Just put Shore in his spot we aren't playing for anything anyway. I hope Terry and Jones still keep trying new things and developing (Jones more with power moves to the net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad