Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's not like any of those guys was really ever the starter, which really illustrates how good we've had it. The worst you can point to in the team's history is a couple bad backups.
I think Shields was meant to be the starter and thank god Giguere put that to rest. But yeah, that couple seasons-plus where Hebert's groin was shot and we had some questionable/too young guys filling in was the worst it's been.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Really weird timing with four wins in five games. Who is coming out? They won't sit him with the waiver stuff, that wouldn't make any sense.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The only person who could sit for him is Terry and he’s picked up his game of late. Jones too but he plays on the opposite side.

Hopefully nobody is injured. Silfverberg has looked off since coming back, I wonder if he’s still hurt?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The only person who could sit for him is Terry and he’s picked up his game of late. Jones too but he plays on the opposite side.

Hopefully nobody is injured. Silfverberg has looked off since coming back, I wonder if he’s still hurt?
More likely sleep deprived.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think I read somewhere (and saw), that Terry was not playing the last 5 mins in the last game. He went to greet Miller after the game tho, so it might not be an injury.

Edit: it``s true. NHL.com Stats
Everyone else played at least a bit after him.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think I read somewhere (and saw), that Terry was not playing the last 5 mins in the last game. He went to greet Miller after the game tho, so it might not be an injury.

Edit: it``s true. NHL.com Stats
Everyone else played at least a bit after him.

Not much to see, it's part coincidence and part Terry being a victim of the bench shortening defending a lead. Rowney just took his spot for that lines last shift.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Shields was meant to be the starter and thank god Giguere put that to rest. But yeah, that couple seasons-plus where Hebert's groin was shot and we had some questionable/too young guys filling in was the worst it's been.

Gerber was also a better back up than having Shields. Gerber, he of the 8th round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad