Anaheim Ducks Prank Creates Uproar

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I mean the Kings mascot just got accused of sexual harassment/assault why don't you make a thread about that?

It would distract from his narrative about the big bad Ducks. The only people I saw offended on social media were that Puck Daddy guy and opposing teams fans that hate the Ducks...shockingly like this thread. One Pens girl in particular was pretty hilarious.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Ok, having seen it now on the last page, relating that to sexual harassment in the office is an enormously gigantic stretch

Reactions: Getz2perry

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I mean the Kings mascot just got accused of sexual harassment/assault why don't you make a thread about that?

You can go ahead and post it if you'd like. I believe they released a statement concerning that and apparently it's a disgruntled male employee who made frivolous accusations in order to cash out on a settlement, and it all came about after he was fired.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It would distract from his narrative about the big bad Ducks. The only people I saw offended on social media were that Puck Daddy guy and opposing teams fans that hate the Ducks...shockingly like this thread. One Pens girl in particular was pretty hilarious.
and all the ducks fans drinking the koolaid and writing it off with "oh its just a prank bro" instead of calling it what it is, a boneheaded move

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You can go ahead and post it if you'd like. I believe they released a statement concerning that and apparently it's a disgruntled male employee who made frivolous accusations in order to cash out on a settlement, and it all came about after he was fired.
altieri said it was investigated then, "found to be without merit" and is still without merit but i mean, that's legalese at its finest so who knows.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
and all the ducks fans drinking the koolaid and writing it off with "oh its just a prank bro" instead of calling it what it is, a boneheaded move
Some people actually just dont find this stuff offensive, specially in the context of the video itself.

It was bad timing, and a bad joke/premise. Lot of teams make cringy fun videos... which was what thid was meant for, granted they missed the funny mark.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Triggered.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It was bad timing, and a bad joke/premise.

which is something that seems difficult for a lot of the other ducks fans to choke out

being offended by it and thinking it's f***in stupid are 2 separate things. i'm not offended by it, but i think it's f***in stupid and they deserve to be ridiculed for it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
which is something that seems difficult for a lot of the other ducks fans to choke out

being offended by it and thinking it's ****in stupid are 2 separate things. i'm not offended by it, but i think it's ****in stupid and they deserve to be ridiculed for it.
This isnt a trend amongst ducks fans any fan base defends their teams for dumb things. If it were another team in same situation a good portion of their fans would be doing the same thing.

Granted i dont particularily care about social media and what not so i dont usually see this stuff unless it makes its way to hfboards... /shrug i just watch hockey.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

being offended by it and thinking it's ****in stupid are 2 separate things. i'm not offended by it, but i think it's ****in stupid and they deserve to be ridiculed for it.

I think its f***ing stupid but its also f***ing stupid to complain about it and I think people who are complaining about it should be ridiculed.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone remember the Dennis Rodman in a bathroom stall commercial back in the 90's? Granted, that was a lot better joke than this one, but there would probably be a lot of outrage about that now. It ran for a long time back then. The standards have changed.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Anyone remember the Dennis Rodman in a bathroom stall commercial back in the 90's? Granted, that was a lot better joke than this one, but there would probably be a lot of outrage about that now. It ran for a long time back then. The standards have changed.
I think it has a lot more to do with social media tbh

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
No more comedy in the world. No jokes, no play, it all must be serious and better not offend anyone.

The fact that there’s outrage with this is just silly, but not surprising given the current climate.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Stupid thing to approve but I understand what they were going for. Bad timing and pretty tone deaf to release it. It should be understandable why people reacted negatively toward it. You got to have a little bit of awareness.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No more comedy in the world. No jokes, no play, it all must be serious and better not offend anyone.

The fact that there’s outrage with this is just silly, but not surprising given the current climate.

There's plenty of comedy in the world but like anything else there's a time and a place for it depending on what the joke is.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
It's tasteless, not really that funny, and timed horribly.

There's nothing wrong with the video in itself as long as everyone that appeared in it was consenting. (especially considering that I doubt Kesler was actually naked) But it's a poorly timed joke at the time that all these stories about workplace sexual harassment are coming out. Just tasteless. The organization doesn't need to be crucified over it, but they were right to take it down and apologize.

It's a Kesler-style prank to its core, but it's just not in good taste at all right now.

Reactions: Szechwan

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
And again, I'm seeing more people outraged that this could be considered offensive than I'm seeing people that actually consider it offensive.

Weird trend in modern society. Anywho, this isn't an offensive ad. It's just a very dumb one, and completely tone deaf given the timing.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I don't think you see Kings fans taking a dump on the ducks for this. Along with ducks fans, I think it's obvious it just wasn't worth it considering the PC culture.
I think its ****ing stupid but its also ****ing stupid to complain about it and I think people who are complaining about it should be ridiculed.
100%
I pine for the days when "harass" was two words.

This is amazing lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad