Anaheim Ducks Prank Creates Uproar

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If everybody in the video consented to being a part of the video and had no problem with what they saw, I have absolutely no problem with this. I can see why people are angry about this, given the recent outburst of workplace sexual harassment that we've seen, and the fact that the leader of the free world admitted to committing workplace sexual harassment regularly. I can also understand why people don't think it's okay to make light of something like this; people who have experienced workplace sexual harassment are seriously traumatized. Some have lost their job because they wouldn't have sex with their boss! It's not something to joke about at all.

I don't have a problem with Kesler or the Ducks doing this but the backlash is partially justified due to the prominence of workplace sexual harassment.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I guess when it rains it really pours. Not much going right for the Ducks organisation these few months. Whatever they did to offend the Hockey Gods is not something I would not wish on any team

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
It was probably a bad timing. With that said, I have no problem with this. I'm Finnish so celebrating in a birthday suit is just another party.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Maybe they should focus more on winning hockey games. 24th in the league

Reactions: naruto

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe they should focus more on winning hockey games. 24th in the league
When your missing 4 of your top 6 forwards + kase who was having a solid season, and your top 3 dmen and goalies have missed significant time you prob wont do so well. The fact that we are above 500 is amazing. Grant is our #1 center right now... im guessing a lot od teams have 3c and 4cs that are better than that.

Reactions: nonzerochance
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I think if they would have shown him just walking down the street or chilling out in the park, it might not have come across as quite so tone deaf. Or showing up at practice and walking naked on the ice around his confused teammates.

As an FYI I'm approaching this as a female, but I mean, having him do this in an office and walking past coworkers, including a woman? With what's going on right now? Come on. And of course people are going to brush issues of workplace appropriateness off as "not a big deal" or "everyone complains about everything these days" but really it's a dam bursting after putting up with this crap for decades and not being taken seriously. I've experienced it myself and I quit my job over it. Rather than being able to work in an environment where I felt comfortable and respected in a professional environment, it was brushed off as boys being boys.

They clearly didn't mean any harm but they could have approached it a little differently. Naked people and streakers are still funny, at least to me. But part of my sense of humor is perpetually twelve.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
When your missing 4 of your top 6 forwards + kase who was having a solid season, and your top 3 dmen and goalies have missed significant time you prob wont do so well. The fact that we are above 500 is amazing. Grant is our #1 center right now... im guessing a lot od teams have 3c and 4cs that are better than that.

kinda above .500. if you consider 10 wins and 13 losses "above" .500.

also Manson is not one of the ducks top 3 dmen? I thought he was a #2 guy?

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Sexual harrassment in the office and the overall tone deaf nature of the ad have nothing to do with prudishness about nudity. Just because you're not offended by a boob on TV or in a movie means you're perfectly okay with having your boss expose himself to you as well.

That said I don't think this ad is an outrage where anyone should be fired over it. It's a "whoops" and move on.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
kinda above .500. if you consider 10 wins and 13 losses "above" .500.

also Manson is not one of the ducks top 3 dmen? I thought he was a #2 guy?
You can call it whatever you want but you take out your whole top line, your 2c and a top 9 winger, + significant games from your #1 and #2 dmen, and another top 4 dmen... and you tell me how good the leafs do, or any team for that matter. Right now were 2 points out of wc spot, 3 of the 3 seed in thr division. Not a bad spot to be in considering the injury issues.

Depends who you ask vatanen montour and manson are somewhat interchangable. If i say top 4 dmen will that be better for you?

Reactions: nonzerochance

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
If everybody in the video consented to being a part of the video and had no problem with what they saw, I have absolutely no problem with this. I can see why people are angry about this, given the recent outburst of workplace sexual harassment that we've seen, and the fact that the leader of the free world admitted to committing workplace sexual harassment regularly. I can also understand why people don't think it's okay to make light of something like this; people who have experienced workplace sexual harassment are seriously traumatized. Some have lost their job because they wouldn't have sex with their boss! It's not something to joke about at all.

I don't have a problem with Kesler or the Ducks doing this but the backlash is partially justified due to the prominence of workplace sexual harassment.
There are people who are seriously traumatized by all sorts of things. You can basically put up any video online and I will find you a person, who can be offended by it for legitimate reasons (i.e. who had a bad experience related to it). Why this one made by Ducks is bad and others aren't? We should stop being offended by everything and start solving real issues.

Reactions: 23 others

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4