Anaheim Ducks Prank Creates Uproar

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well they already did, so I guess they disagree with you on that one.
Oh i'm aware that they already apologized. I can understand why, they don't want to deal with any bad PR. Can't really blame them, but again, there was no need for it. Just a few people who got offended.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It's a logical conclusion when someone suggests he should be naked in a park. Unless its an adult only park, do those things exist? Another case of someone not thinking things through.

Parks are different from playgrounds. I don't agree that it should've been done outdoors, but you're jumping to wild conclusions to try to strengthen your stance.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh i'm aware that they already apologized. I can understand why, they don't want to deal with any bad PR. Can't really blame them, but again, there was no need for it. Just a few people who got offended.

Your last sentence is exactly why the outrage over the outrage, so to speak, is so confusing. I don't think I've seen any outrage, at least in this thread. Merely some opinions expressed that it wasn't a good idea or it was distasteful.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Parks are different from playgrounds. I don't agree that it should've been done outdoors, but you're jumping to wild conclusions to try to strengthen your stance.

Oh I get it now, parks are for adults and playgrounds are for children? Thankfully you're here in this thread to tell everyone how the world works!

And I haven't even given my stance, I'm merely scoffing at someone's solution.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Your last sentence is exactly why the outrage over the outrage, so to speak, is so confusing. I don't think I've seen any outrage, at least in this thread. Merely some opinions expressed that it wasn't a good idea or it was distasteful.
Well I never said there was outrage, just that they shouldn't have apologized. I do recall reading about this on twitter and seeing a few tweets with people flipping out lol. I suppose thats all it takes these days.

Someone on twitter took a screen shot. Seems like a bit of an overreaction.
V7MjSBU.jpg

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Not a big deal to me, but considering a lot of kids watch NHL and have access to social media you would think they would be a little more respectful.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Almost every advertisement I see where there's a sexy scantily clad woman acting seductive I get uncomfortable because for the environment we live in nowadays. It feels like danger is being flaunted in our faces. The fact is everyone has to be careful af.

Reactions: Arthuros

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
This is just the long game by Kesler to set up the next episode of Between Two Zambonis.

I laughed because it was so ridiculous. I can guarantee that Kesler was 100% up for it. :laugh:

Meh. People get too worked up over this stuff.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
If everybody in the video consented to being a part of the video and had no problem with what they saw, I have absolutely no problem with this. I can see why people are angry about this, given the recent outburst of workplace sexual harassment that we've seen, and the fact that the leader of the free world admitted to committing workplace sexual harassment regularly. I can also understand why people don't think it's okay to make light of something like this; people who have experienced workplace sexual harassment are seriously traumatized. Some have lost their job because they wouldn't have sex with their boss! It's not something to joke about at all.

I don't have a problem with Kesler or the Ducks doing this but the backlash is partially justified due to the prominence of workplace sexual harassment.

No because people may feel forced to agree to something they are actually not comfortable with. And also this is a place of business why should they have to put up with this sort of thing? Someone should be fired for this, what just happened is extremely serious.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
No because people may feel forced to agree to something they are actually not comfortable with. And also this is a place of business why should they have to put up with this sort of thing? Someone should be fired for this, what just happened is extremely serious.
Please tell me this is sarcasm.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's not "extremely serious" and Kesler wasn't naked, hence the black box in the video.

Was there some poor judgment involved in this case? Probably. Is it so terrible someone should lose their job over it? No.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
This is the problem with today's society..

People actually believe this in some places. Thanks for the satire.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY

Are your seriously this obtuse? No more nude or sex scenes in movies or television, ever? Got news for you, everyone in that clip (except Kesler) was an actor - boom operators, camera guys and directors were off screen. It was a production! Furthermore, Kesler was not actually naked! Shocking, I know!

I'm not sure what the outrage is. It's a stupid little production. No one is going to go out tmrw and prance around naked in their office on account of watching this. And no one is going to be sympathetic to someone that exposes themselves in an office environment because this somehow normalized that kind of behavior.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
North American prudishness will probably never cease to amaze me.

I guess point is there is no message behind it. It was probably supposed to be joke as it is. If they targeted the topic of office sexual harrasment, they would probably have to do it bit different. It would be brutal but acceptable. This itself looks like quite a cheap joke. I mean this is on the edge imo, still acceptable

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: