Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Nick Ritchie (3 years, $1.533M AAV)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think Nylander was waiting on the Ritchie signing.
I expect him to be inked within the hour.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
:laugh: ok
That's why Leafs fans nonstop are obsessed with getting Ritchie. You have the softest team in league history so it's understandable you want Ritchie and Manson
LOL what? When Don Cherry went on national television and stated the Leafs made a massive mistake taking Nylander over Ritchie all Leaf fans laughed at him.
It isn't 2002, we can win with skill.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
:laugh: ok
That's why Leafs fans nonstop are obsessed with getting Ritchie.

giphy.gif

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm sure you thought a lot of girls were obsessed with you in high school just by making eye contact.
This comment made me laugh heartily, remembering this one guy I was acquaintances with whose famous line was "dude, did you see that chick checking me out?" about pretty much any girl who every interacted with him in any way ever.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Good deal for the Ducks. Surprised Ritchie would wait that long to sign that deal, miss training camp, miss games, etc.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A three year deal at that kind of money? Seems like he should fire his agent.
It’s not that terrible a deal when you take into account that he put up 26 goals and 59 points in 2.5 seasons. Virtanen our up 17 goals and 34 points and got $1.25 per over 2 years.

A 2 year deal should have landed Ritchie around $1.3-$1.4 per.

I think Ritchie wanted a 2 year deal so he could go back to market in 2020 but the ducks wanted to lock him up for that 3rd year.

Ritchie has no leverage to avoid that 3rd year. Probably needed Anaheim to either maneuver the money around or upping the value of the 3rd year, which btw is the potential opt out season.

But there was no way he was getting any signing bonus money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad