Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Nick Ritchie (3 years, $1.533M AAV)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow I am surprised he caved and took that 3rd year. If he was holding out I would have thought he would have stood firm on 2 years.
That’s the problem with the cba. He has no arbitration rights. So even if he holds on the 2 years he has until dec 1 to sign a deal. Ducks were not moving off that 3rd year. Think they are banking that he’ll improve and don’t want to be back negotiating in 2020. Others like Bennett and Virtanen from that year signed short term.

With arbitration rights, the team chooses between a 1-2 year deal.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
He won't be a Duck after 3 years unless he flames out and doesn't move the needle. These kind of cut-throat actions by organizations leave a sour, vinegar taste in my mouth.

Unless the Leafs get Nylander for 3.5 for 4 years - then it's pure genius!

Reactions: JuniorNelson

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
He won't be a Duck after 3 years unless he flames out and doesn't move the needle. These kind of cut-throat actions by organizations leave a sour, vinegar taste in my mouth.

We’ve done it a lot with our players on their 2nd contracts. They still stay after, just a rite of passage it seems when it comes to Anaheim and BM

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wow I am surprised he caved and took that 3rd year. If he was holding out I would have thought he would have stood firm on 2 years.

Based on the contract structure it looks to me like he took the third year based on the pay jump.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Anaheim put 2 and 3 year offers on the table and he opted with the 3 year one.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'm shocked @ the AAV. Super deal for the Ducks. They must not have moved or very little from their original offer. This isn't even close to what I was expecting. He would have been better off singing a one year deal.

Reactions: JuniorNelson
Oct 18, 2011

There is nothing cut throat this is a fair deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->