Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Nick Ritchie (3 years, $1.533M AAV)

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'm not a fan of Dirk, but did you seriously just brag about your league best record after 7 games...

C'mon man. Act like you have been in the end-zone before.

Well for the softest team in NHL history, you’d think the Leafs had been pounded into the ground this season

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
No he is not. He was a great complementary guy next to Henrique and Kase. Gave them some freedom.
I am one of the biggest critiques of Ritchie but some couch coaches here are just ridiculous.

Ritchie is useful. Like you mentioned, he provided space for Rico, but mostly Kase on that line. There were goals Kase wouldn`t have scored without Ritchie.
My problem with him is that he is only settling for being a complimentary player, it looks. Around draft he looked like he might have in him to drive a line offensively but he is never doing that now. Part of my dissapointment is on management for not sending him down to San Diego and just leaving him up playing low, complimentary minutes.
He has his flaws, so does any. But he is a useful player.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It’s a fair deal.

I don’t see how this a great deal for the ducks by any means, he isn’t even a 30 point player

At worst, Anaheim has a physical 4th liner who can slide up and down the lineup and give you 10-15 goals a season. The term “great” is subjective but as a Duck fan, I think it’s at least a very good deal. Players with his skill set have value, even if he doesn’t progress, which I fully expect him to at least somewhat.

Reactions: Masch78

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Well, I was very wrong with my guess on the first page. I don't know why I questioned what BM does with RFA's, but somehow it happened.
Also stop talking about nylander/leafs here please - you have your own topics.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He has lost a lot of weight.....

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I for myself stopped to judge players until they are 25 years of age. Some are great from the start, others need to figure out what to do and take time. Ritchie will be 23 in december. And when he puts it together he is a great player and every time he presses the serious button he is a good. Like some said, worst case he is a very good 4th liner, likely he will be an excellent middle 6 player down the road. Sure, at 10 you hope for a first liner and he will likely never be one but being a consistant 20g guy isn't out of reach. In the right system he will be a 25g guy imho.

That people don't see him as an NHL player is a joke.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My post had nothing to do with Anaheim. I took issue with the Leafs being called the softest team in league history, a ludicrous comment considering how the season has gone so far.
Do leaf fans cry in every thread.

And btw yes they have a very soft team, deal with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad