Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Heres a conversation. Laff is eligible for an extension this summer. Reality is the ABSOLUTE MOST term he’d sign for is 6 years as thatd have him hit UFA at age 29 however hed be 30 by the time that season starts as he has an 10/11 birthday.

My guess is 6 years X $8-8.5?
I listened to a discussion on 32 thoughts re. another star player dilemma of a contract length in the context of a rising cap. It would be in the Rangers interest to sign Lafreniere to the longest possible deal but I bet they’d probably settle on 4-5 years.

Reactions: haveandare

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I listened to a discussion on 32 thoughts re. another star player dilemma of a contract length in the context of a rising cap. It would be in the Rangers interest to sign Lafreniere to the longest possible deal but I bet they’d probably settle on 4-5 years.
I give him 8x8 or even 8x9 without thinking twice

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I still think he has another level for this playoff run.

He’s been very opportunistic and making a ton of smart plays, but still haven’t seen some of that dominance he showed in the regular season.

Understandable given that the playoffs are tighter - Panarin has been similar - but exciting to know there’s more to give there.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Very happy with his development. Hockey IQ is adapting very nicely to the NHL. His shot has gained confidence and Laf is playing clutch hockey.

I will maintain the position of patience. There is more to come. He'll get heavier and more confident.
Once he's arrogant, he'll really tear up teams.

Soon there will be no more grounds to any discussion regarding the #1 OV pick status.

edit: Don't know if I mentioned it already, without really knowing anything, Laf strikes me as a kind of Wendel Clark type player.

Last edited:

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I think 5 is the absolute minimum but hes have to take a haircut on aav if its only 5. Rangers will want 8 but laff knows thatd be dumb. So imo itll be 6 after laff’s camp pushes for 5

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Heres a conversation. Laff is eligible for an extension this summer. Reality is the ABSOLUTE MOST term he’d sign for is 6 years as thatd have him hit UFA at age 29 however hed be 30 by the time that season starts as he has an 10/11 birthday.

My guess is 6 years X $8-8.5?
That seems nuts to me. This year we have Kakko , Lindgren, and Schneider who are RFA's. Next year besides Laffy we have Rempe, Cuylle , Jones, and KAD. Shesty is a UFA. Not to mention we have some cheap serviceable guys that are ufa's and rfa's.Where are we getting the space to give Laffy that kind of money ? If we are giving anybody an extension would it not be Shesty ?

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers16

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That seems nuts to me. This year we have Kakko , Lindgren, and Schneider who are RFA's. Next year besides Laffy we have Rempe, Cuylle , Jones, and KAD. Shesty is a UFA. Not to mention he have some cheap serviceable guys that are ufa's and rfa's.Where are we getting the space to give Laffy that kind of money ? If we are giving anybody an extension would it not be Shesty ?
Trouba and Goodrow will probably need to be gone by then.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The JV version of the Trocheck one from the other night but still pretty cool considering that this was a road game.
Trocheck definitely had some tunnel vision during that celly, double OT would get you running on fumes I can't imagine how that feels in front of a wild MSG crowd.
Alexei just looks f***ing amped up here in a way that I've only seen back when he was leading that Team Canada WJC squad. That quick strike wrister of his is a f***ing laser and he plays with such passion it's infectious. The maturation of his game has made me realize he'll be wearing a letter in the future 100%.

This team has a perfect mix of everything rn with these hungry young guns and grizzled veterans, gotta love it

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I am so glad he's proving so many of us wrong. KK next please?
Lavi has to figure out a way to unlock Kakko even 75% of how he unlocked Lafreniere.

That seems nuts to me. This year we have Kakko , Lindgren, and Schneider who are RFA's. Next year besides Laffy we have Rempe, Cuylle , Jones, and KAD. Shesty is a UFA. Not to mention we have some cheap serviceable guys that are ufa's and rfa's.Where are we getting the space to give Laffy that kind of money ? If we are giving anybody an extension would it not be Shesty ?

Well, Trouba can and should be moved.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad