Waived: Alzner on waivers at noon

member 157595

You know when you are at a party and there's a glass table in the room and someone incredibly drunk decides to take off his clothes and do a cartwheel right next to the table?

That's Bergevin giving Alzner that contract. Such an obvious result. It amazes me over and over again how awful NHL GMs are at their jobs.

How dare you imply that the always impeccably dressed GM Purple Pants would remove his clothes.

Reactions: dukeofjive and MXD

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Kinda makes me sad that everyone is piling it on Alzner.

He was an effective player in Washington for a long time and never ever took a game off. Blocked a lot of shots, won a lot of board battles and paid a heavy price for it.

He is not an effective NHL player and was not one in his final season+ with the Caps. I don't know why Montreal offered him that contract. What was he supposed to do, turn it down?

I hope he transitions into coaching. Players who had to work extra hard for every dollar and minute of ice time make good coaches.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kinda makes me sad that everyone is piling it on Alzner.

He was an effective player in Washington for a long time and never ever took a game off. Blocked a lot of shots, won a lot of board battles and paid a heavy price for it.

He is not an effective NHL player and was not one in his final season+ with the Caps. I don't know why Montreal offered him that contract. What was he supposed to do, turn it down?

I hope he transitions into coaching. Players who had to work extra hard for every dollar and minute of ice time make good coaches.
Bergevin offered him that crazy contract...............because Bergevin is a clown...

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
They had me at two Western Canadians in the main event and likely the co-main event. Really easy for me to mark out.

Really hoping that Kenny and the elite don't sign with WWE. I mean it would be awesome in one sense as long as HHH handles their booking, but at the same time, I know the match quality just wouldn't come close to NJPW.

However, the thought of the entire Elite coming over as a faction and just absolutely destroying everything and Devitt joining them would be awesome.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I would offer Brendan Smith for him, but the years don't line-up. Seems like they're in the same conundrum.
What? Smith isn’t good but he’s at least a bottom pairing dman and he has a better contract than Alzner. Alzner is very bad

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
What? Smith isn’t good but he’s at least a bottom pairing dman and he has a better contract than Alzner. Alzner is very bad

I said the contracts don't match-up, but if you're telling me Alzner is worse than Smith at this point, well that's just scary.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm actually dumb-founded how Bergevin is trying to actually fix his mistakes. What next? Trade Price with 0% retention?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Alzner gets sticks in his skates and has his feet taken out from out under but the refs miss it and fans don't see it happening only the results.
Yeah, surely this is why his hands don't work anymore (.....). Perhaps the past has something to do with it instead?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That tweet also indirectly says Alzner is worth less than losing some random AHL player.

Which is true. Habs would love for some team to claim him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad