Waived: Alzner on waivers at noon

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bergevin should be on waivers next for signing this stupid f***in contract in the first place.

A lot of people saw this contract being a problem coming.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Bergevin should be on waivers next for signing this stupid ****in contract in the first place.

A lot of people saw this contract being a problem coming.

A lot of free agency contracts are..
I remember thinking that i would have rather paid Markov 1M extra to keep him, but i thought Alzner would probably fit with Petry (DD and OD)
boy was i wrong!

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Was there one person except for Bergevin who thought this was a good contract? This was one of those contracts that the eye test ppl and adv stats ppl realized was horrible right from the get-go.

MylesToGo

Nov 27, 2018
Glad theyre not keeping him for Bergys pride. Years ago, theyd keep him and play him more than he can handle to prove some point.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
1z58486.jpg

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
A lot of free agency contracts are..
I remember thinking that i would have rather paid Markov 1M extra to keep him, but i thought Alzner would probably fit with Petry (DD and OD)
boy was i wrong!

Markov would have been so much better! You can take his legs away but you can't take that vision away!

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Markov would have been so much better! You can take his legs away but you can't take that vision away!

I think the worst of it is that i thought it was a betrayal in some ways.. The guy could have had his 1000 games in mtl.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Couldn't afford Radulov and Markov, rather pay Alzner instead.

While Markov looks done, it would have been preferable to sign Markov for one or two years at his ask. Bergevin crapped the bed on that. Better a one or two year mistake than a 5 year one.

That said, He matched the offer Dallas made to Radulov. Radulov wanted much more from the Habs. How high did people want Bergevin to go?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I think the worst of it is that i thought it was a betrayal in some ways.. The guy could have had his 1000 games in mtl.

It totally was. The guy played his whole career here and even refused to consider another team in the NHL. 2 years at what, 6 M he was asking ? I'm sure it was such a pain to fit under the cap, in addition to our stellar defense that Markov totally could not crack (sarcasm)

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Since he cleared waivers, indicating that no organization has interest, can MTL fans stop forcing Alzner on the rest of us?

Thanks.
Nah, you can always trade bad contract for bad contract. Who else in NJ has a bad contract besides Schneider? MTL can't really pay 16M for two goalies...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad