OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Can't see how the Night King would get from the Wall all the way down to Kings Landing without killing everyone in his way so all of Westeros Vs. what's left at Winterfell after this battle.

Just don't see it happening. I think what we see is what we're getting.

Yeah....I think so too but it would be a cool twist...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's conflating books and show, but there's some discussion about Starks, White Walkers, wights, first men, and the crypts of winterfell.

More or less, that's why most every sarcophagus is adorned by that Stark's sword, the iron binds the would be wraith from rising again. Now, if the folks in the crypt take the swords off the graves, or Lyanna Stark is actually buried instead of just memorialized (Brandon the Shipwright), there may be a grave or two that rise from the dead.

There's a lot of unexplored back story to the Starks and their affinity for being skin changers or wargs, and why the Boltons and Carstarks had been at odds with them for so long. Odds being an understatement of historical notation when the families would hunt and kill one another for #reasons.
The Starks come from stock of the First Men, thus why many in the North still pray to the old gods and the weirwood trees. The other inhabitants of Westeros are more akin to the Andals. Thus, the Starks have powers that the other folks don't because of old religion and association/exposure to the Children of the Forest, etc. etc. Does any of that make sense, of course not. I'm not definitive and the material is a bit convoluted. But yeah, the dead rising in the graves is something I totally expect to happen, but in story there is a solution for it already. I will #faceturn on the show if they give a nod to this and portray this detail accurately.

It's worth noting in the books, the oldest swords have rusted away.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So since the internet is ablaze about how the Crypt isn't the safest place. I half expect the Starks who are down there to be "Anti White-Walkers" and similar to the "soldiers" in Harry Potter where they protect the School. I'm not sure if Starks can be controlled by the Night King.

Ex) Benjen Stark. Last time we saw him he was "half" white-walker, right?

Now i'm going to continue to go down that thought process and Ned won't rise, which will "confirm" that it wasn't really his body and he might not actually be dead.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I think the NK's dragon gets taken out by the big spear shooting thing Jamie had last season. Of course they'd have to fashion some kind of dragon glass tipped spear for it to kill it.

All of these theories are fun to read. Nobody knows what the hell is going to happen

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Can't see how the Night King would get from the Wall all the way down to Kings Landing without killing everyone in his way so all of Westeros Vs. what's left at Winterfell after this battle.

Just don't see it happening. I think what we see is what we're getting.
Yeah I think they just haven't shown him so he can dramatically enter on Viserion mid battle and make everyone shit themselves

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So since the internet is ablaze about how the Crypt isn't the safest place. I half expect the Starks who are down there to be "Anti White-Walkers" and similar to the "soldiers" in Harry Potter where they protect the School. I'm not sure if Starks can be controlled by the Night King.

Now i'm going to continue to go down that thought process and Ned won't rise, which will "confirm" that it wasn't really his body and he might not actually be dead.

That's an important point.

Here comes Skeleton Ned!

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

If they can do that in a way that actually made some kind of sense in the G0T universe I would be psyched on that ending. SPOILER COMING IN THIS SENTENCE SO STOP READING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS ETC. so I haven't read the books but my wife has and she said that Catelyn essentially comes back to life as a character "Lady Stonehart" and gets revenge for the red wedding or something like that. A couple years ago the actress that plays Cersei tweeted a photo of a heart made out of stones and tagged the actress that played Catelyn and said something like "Until we meet again" or something like that. Maybe this character will come back and kick some ass or something?

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If they can do that in a way that actually made some kind of sense in the G0T universe I would be psyched on that ending. SPOILER COMING IN THIS SENTENCE SO STOP READING IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS ETC. so I haven't read the books but my wife has and she said that Catelyn essentially comes back to life as a character "Lady Stonehart" and gets revenge for the red wedding or something like that. A couple years ago the actress that plays Cersei tweeted a photo of a heart made out of stones and tagged the actress that played Catelyn and said something like "Until we meet again" or something like that. Maybe this character will come back and kick some ass or something?

I think they left out that character entirely.

There has been hints regarding Ned's body that have given people pause about his actual death.

Sansa said the head on the spike didn't look like him and Cat said that the bones are smaller than what she would have envisioned.

Not to mention his seemingly random ties to Bravos (Syrio) and potentially the Faceless Men that comes with it.

Likely is just another fan theory but I could see it happening how I laid it out.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

There has been hints regarding Ned's body that have given people pause about his actual death.

Sansa said the head on the spike didn't look like him and Cat said that the bones are smaller than what she would have envisioned.

Not to mention his seemingly random ties to Bravos (Syrio) and potentially the Faceless Men that comes with it.

Likely is just another fan theory but I could see it happening how I laid it out.

Nope we're getting Skeleton Ned.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
y'all. I don't think the night king is at winterfell for the battle. I think his plan is to attack kings landing where Cersei has been living too happily and care free. This way he can add more dead soldiers to his army and possibly Cersei + the half dead mountain. This would set up a second battle with what's left of the living vs the night kings new army.

They haven't shown the night king yet, and they even did a slow pan up from the dead standing outside winterfell and it was just dead soldiers, not him.

Cersei is too dumb to burn the dead, too.

Reddit Theories are fun

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
More throw shit at the wall theories:

This one is based off of the one thing that didn't not happen in Season 7 that was included in the plot leak long before the season aired.

So in the season 7 plot leak the only thing that did not happen was that Cersei was supposed to have a miscarriage. I could see the following happening and potentially might have happened off screen last episode since I don't remember seeing Cersei.

She has the miscarriage and that changes her mind and vacates Kings Landing with her army to fight up North. So at the end of the Battle Of Winterfell, the Lannisters/Golden Company roll in at the end and save the day. Likelyhood? 1/10. I could also see this happening in a Night King goes to Kings Landing instead kind of thing.

I expect the miscarriage to come up at some point.

Euron said that he was going to put a baby in her but she's already pregnant so that could be something to watch with regards to it also.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Works for me. I love a twist but it has to be done right. It can't just be WTF NED?! and he's like, oh yeah, I was just hiding over there for the last ten years!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
More throw **** at the wall theories:

This one is based off of the one thing that didn't not happen in Season 7 that was included in the plot leak long before the season aired.

So in the season 7 plot leak the only thing that did not happen was that Cersei was supposed to have a miscarriage. I could see the following happening and potentially might have happened off screen last episode since I don't remember seeing Cersei.

She has the miscarriage and that changes her mind and vacates Kings Landing with her army to fight up North. So at the end of the Battle Of Winterfell, the Lannisters/Golden Company roll in at the end and save the day. Likelyhood? 1/10. I could also see this happening in a Night King goes to Kings Landing instead kind of thing.

Euron said that he was going to put a baby in her but she's already pregnant so that could be something to watch with regards to it also.
With regard to what Juron said,
I thought that this would be a way to screw Jamie. Just lie and say it is Juron's baby since IIRC no one outside of the inner circle really knows she is pregnant. She could say it is his and then have Jamie killed or something like that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
More throw **** at the wall theories:

I propose she miscarries and blames Euron.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Also, to put a nail in the Night King going to Kings Landing theory, why would Brantree mention how the Night King is coming for him and has tried to kill him many times if he just wasn't going to be there at all?

There's no reason for that misdirection.

Unless Bran IS the night King and doesn't want to race the combined armies, so he makes everyone think he's going to attack winterfell but really just goes and takes kings landing.

Boo-ya!

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
Also, to put a nail in the Night King going to Kings Landing theory, why would Brantree mention how the Night King is coming for him and has tried to kill him many times if he just wasn't going to be there at all?

There's no reason for that misdirection.

He could be saying that as an overall statement. The night king is coming after him - but perhaps he's going to build his army up by invading kings landing first.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
The crypt totally isn't safe. Those deals are going to come alive.

This also made me think - can the night king raise any dead corpse? Like could he theoretically raise previous kings and targarians etc? Or does it have to be those that were killed by white walkers?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The crypt totally isn't safe. Those deals are going to come alive.

This also made me think - can the night king raise any dead corpse? Like could he theoretically raise previous kings and targarians etc? Or does it have to be those that were killed by white walkers?

They're going to come alive, but it's going to be safe with Skelton Ned leading the way!

Am I doing this right, @Beef Invictus?

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad