OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
5EB7CBBB-5B5E-4734-8311-C37B088C0094.jpeg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hodor brings up another possibility. Bran isn't just the Three-Eyed Raven, he has the ability to warg. Could be important in this battle.

I just hope it's good and we don't have some b.s. time traveling stuff to escape the whitewalkers.

Reactions: Peter Man

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hodor brings up another possibility. Bran isn't just the Three-Eyed Raven, he has the ability to warg. Could be important in this battle.

I just hope it's good and we don't have some b.s. time traveling stuff to escape the whitewalkers.

Thanos picked up the 7th 'undead' stone, he's gonna snap and kill the night king, taking out the entire army. He then goes and retires in Highgarden cause it's pretty there and they're all dead anyway.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
You have to say that the show has done a really good job of filming the big battles, the big moments. However, every big fight seems to end with one side losing and the cavalry arriving to save the day. You had Tywin arriving to win the Battle of the Blackwater; the Knights of the Vale in Battle of the Bastards. Dany shows up with her dragons to save the expedition north of the Wall.

It'd be nice if we got something different.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You have to say that the show has done a really good job of filming the big battles, the big moments. However, every big fight seems to end with one side losing and the cavalry arriving to save the day. You had Tywin arriving to win the Battle of the Blackwater; the Knights of the Vale in Battle of the Bastards. Dany shows up with her dragons to save the expedition north of the Wall.

It'd be nice if we got something different.

Like the Night King killing everyone...

/scene

EDIT: It's going to be Skeleton Ned to save the day at the end this time though.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I’d really like there to be some greater thing underpinning the world other than just a secret weapon gone awry. I doubt that the show can give us that though.

It’s been a huge letdown to just see the Others losing all the mystery only to become cliche zombies with a frosty lich at the helm.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I’d really like there to be some greater explanation for the world other than just secret weapon gone awry. I doubt that the show can give us that though.

It’s been a huge letdown to just see the Others losing all mystery only to become cliche zombies that happen to be really cold.

It's really difficult in fantasy/sci-fi to create an interesting world with interesting villains. For instance, in LOTR and Harry Potter you just have big bads who are bad for the sake of being bad. (I realize the story of Sauron is much deeper than what is shown in the movies, but for the most part, it's a pretty black and white world.

GOT has had terrific human monsters but the NK and white walkers are boring AF.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's really difficult in fantasy/sci-fi to create an interesting world with interesting villains. For instance, in LOTR and Harry Potter you just have big bads who are bad for the sake of being bad. (I realize the story of Sauron is much deeper than what is shown in the movies, but for the most part, it's a pretty black and white world.

I’d honestly be really happy to see them overcome the WW/Others only to find that they’ve been holding some cosmic horror at bay for millennia.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I miss the days of knowing what was going to happen before the show aired (I read the books). Looking forward to tonight

Reactions: Chinatown88

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah but it’s basically just 500 screen caps strung together. There is serious info to be gleaned but it’s really unsatisfying to watch because the images are also super low res.
I will just wait an hour

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

To be fair they were original when GRRM started out, before the abysmal zombie fad hit in the mid 2000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille