OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My comment was total sarcasm, because I remember the apprenticeship aspect being taught in school, but way short of it containing a sexual nature. I'm on board for what you're saying. Typically, folks fall to hypocrisy of what is tolerable, and they fall to ignorance in that a problem could not exist within their circle because #reasons.
Most people died in their 40's ...once a girl was pubescent it was time to start procreating. Also, back then they were much more in tune with their mortality hence all the depressing religiosity and shaming.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I feel like the writers are still hanging onto Jon/Dany love story because when he reveals his true parents there is never an utterance of "Yea, you are my Aunt or I am your Aunt" but just talk of that giving Jon the closer claim to the throne.

I may be in the minority but there will be growing tensions between Jon and Deanerys after what Jon told her. She wants the throne and she will do anything to get it.
I agree that this episode was a episode to give some of the characters one final meaningful scene before the bloodshed next week. My wife cant get the idea of Arya having that scene she did with Gendry. She said is she old enough for this? Cant get the thought of her as a little girl out of her head.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Lol apologies. I just skimmed through the past few pages and must've missed your post

The check is in the mail, pal
“When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
I heard an interesting ending theory that the only survivors will be those stepping into roles of the seven faced gods. "The Faith holds that there is one god who has seven faces or aspects: the Father, the Mother, the Maiden, the Crone, the Warrior, the Smith, and the Stranger."

Jamie recited the gods as he knights Brienne.

The only obvious one is Gendry as the smith.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
As far as the Sansa rape scene, I was uncomfortable with it, rightly so. The difference here is she was acting, she didn’t actually get raped. Arya, if a body double was not used, she actually got topless.
The rape scene was intended to get people to feel for her character something more than annoyance or hate. The topless scene added nothing but fan service.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I heard an interesting ending theory that the only survivors will be those stepping into roles of the seven faced gods. "The Faith holds that there is one god who has seven faces or aspects: the Father, the Mother, the Maiden, the Crone, the Warrior, the Smith, and the Stranger."

Jamie recited the gods as he knights Brienne.

The only obvious one is Gendry as the smith.

Interesting if true.

Mother seems like Dany. Maiden is probably Brienne (bear and the maiden fair, anyone). Crone...I don't know. Warrior could be Jon. Smith is Gendry. Stranger is Arya.

If the crone is some wise old woman then Bran probably fills that.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
yep, but will it be him is the question. what if he dies next week, and Ayra takes his face and she is the one to kill Cersei? :popcorn:

giphy.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What is the prize if any of these predictions come true? I will be suspicious also of the person who gets it mostly right....access to leaks.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Interesting if true.

Mother seems like Dany. Maiden is probably Brienne (bear and the maiden fair, anyone). Crone...I don't know. Warrior could be Jon. Smith is Gendry. Stranger is Arya.

If the crone is some wise old woman then Bran probably fills that.
Crone = Missandre?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
What is the prize if any of these predictions come true? I will be suspicious also of the person who gets it mostly right....access to leaks.
If there’s a prize I’m going to toss some more shit on the wall to make sure something sticks.
In the very last scene of Game of Thrones, Rick Grimes is going to wake up from his coma, with Lori reading him a new GRRM book, and the others from ASOFAI sitting on the table next to him. She had been reading the books to him the whole time.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think there is gonna be a slew of pregnancies besides Cersei ….Arya, Sansa, Dany, Brienne of Tarth...Night King will impregnate somebody...etc

Battle of the Babies for the Iron Throne...

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm guessing you mean Melisandre? She is definitely an "old woman who is thin and ugly" which is the definition of a crone.
I can see her sticking around. When she is not shown as an old bag of wrinkles she is pretty hot...after Sansa I kind of dig her...something about the gingers on the show.

mmm...yeah I'll swipe right...

game-512108.jpg

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Most people died in their 40's ...once a girl was pubescent it was time to start procreating. Also, back then they were much more in tune with their mortality hence all the depressing religiosity and shaming.
Aside from people having a shorter life-span, I do not agree with a majority of what was written. Also, the Greeks were into buggering children. There's also the presence of adolcent children on sailing vessels of recent yore, whom were sexual partners. That wasn't openly tolerated, but it did exist, cabin boys, peg boys. And it existed in such a number that is wasn't a one off, but a part of society.

My comments do not refer to the early-age copulation of individuals to produce off-spring into a family unit.

Reactions: BernieParent

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Aside from people having a shorter life-span, I do not agree with a majority of what was written. Also, the Greeks were into buggering children. There's also the presence of adolcent children on sailing vessels of recent yore, whom were sexual partners. That wasn't openly tolerated, but it did exist, cabin boys, peg boys. And it existed in such a number that is wasn't a one off, but a part of society.

My comments do not refer to the early-age copulation of individuals to produce off-spring into a family unit.
The Romans adopted it as well....yes I agree pederasty was "archaic" even back then and Greek scholars in particular debated its cultural/societal merits. Both societies regulated sex more via consent than age...although as we know.....young minds are not developed enough to consent to such acts or understand what exactly they are consenting to. Was not aware of cabin boys for seafarers ….but makes sense it existed.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Romans did not adopt it in any level similar to the Greeks.

Livy details how Claudius Marcellus took a dude to court over suspicion that he was messing with his boy, for example. If you wanted to mess with boys you went to brothels or used slaves. It was very much an "underground" activity. It certainly wasn't seen as a rite of passage or necessary part of a the relationship between mentor and student. One of the prominent smears used by Antony against Octavius was the assertion that he had a relationship with Caesar.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
12 seconds, and the CGI effect was so bad that no character even turned to look at the wolf, acknowledge it's existence, nor did Ghost react in any way to an action or sound made by Sam, Edd, or Jon. That effect was done after filming for the purpose of going, "see, we didn't forget about him, Ghost is still alive and mysteriously off camera forever just hanging out getting his coat brushed, the undercoat, ohhh the shedding undercoat."

/rant
Apparently giant wolves cgi is much more expansive then giant dragon cgi. This Is Why ‘Game Of Thrones’ Keeps Cutting Out Direwolf Scenes

Insufficient budget can be blamed for a lot complaints about the show including pacing, episode numbers and lack of cool direwolf scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad