OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
u2nnamed65432.gif

no spoiler. just a wild guess.

Reactions: Peter Man

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Apparently giant wolves cgi is much more expansive then giant dragon cgi. This Is Why ‘Game Of Thrones’ Keeps Cutting Out Direwolf Scenes

Insufficient budget can be blamed for a lot complaints about the show including pacing, episode numbers and lack of cool direwolf scenes.
OK, I see you GoT. Thanks for the honest admission of fault.

Here's a question(s) though about story telling and allocating resources. First, whom among us think Dorne will place prominently in these last 4 episodes, or appear at all? If no, then what was the point of the Dorne excursion? Would the show have been better had the Trystane Martell, Myrcella Lannister side story not occurred, or resolved quicker? That just comes to mind as completely pointless and non-impactful less Myrcella dying, which could have been creatively done any number of other ways. The whole Jamie goes to rescue his niece/daughter is a complete show driven device.

So, less Dorne, moar Direwolves. Problem solved.

/grasp@straws

Reactions: BernieParent

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The Romans did not adopt it in any level similar to the Greeks.

Livy details how Claudius Marcellus took a dude to court over suspicion that he was messing with his boy, for example. If you wanted to mess with boys you went to brothels or used slaves. It was very much an "underground" activity. It certainly wasn't seen as a rite of passage or necessary part of a the relationship between mentor and student. One of the prominent smears used by Antony against Octavius was the assertion that he had a relationship with Caesar.
No not to the extent of the Greeks but they had their share of NAMBLA fans....lol. I am mostly referring to forced sex on slaves which as we know were considered property and not citizens.Roman men also would keep male concubines (oftentimes boys) before actually getting married to women. It was a known practice whether prevalent compared to the Greeks or not.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
OK, I see you GoT. Thanks for the honest admission of fault.

Here's a question(s) though about story telling and allocating resources. First, whom among us think Dorne will place prominently in these last 4 episodes, or appear at all? If no, then what was the point of the Dorne excursion? Would the show have been better had the Trystane Martell, Myrcella Lannister side story not occurred, or resolved quicker? That just comes to mind as completely pointless and non-impactful less Myrcella dying, which could have been creatively done any number of other ways. The whole Jamie goes to rescue his niece/daughter is a complete show driven device.

So, less Dorne, moar Direwolves. Problem solved.

/grasp@straws

if they weren't going to properly use Dorne then they should have never introduced them..which is a shame because Dorne is pretty awesome...but it seems they have cut a lot that may or may not be important..i stopped reading after book 4..but read enough about 5 that there are some important things in there they glossed over..combined into something else etc

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No not to the extent of the Greeks but they had their share of NAMBLA fans....lol. I am mostly referring to forced sex on slaves which as we know were considered property and not citizens.Roman men also would keep male concubines (oftentimes boys) before actually getting married to women. It was a known practice whether prevalent compared to the Greeks or not.

Right, but it was still taboo and meant to be kept out of the public eye. It's not terribly comparable to Greece.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Jaime being a Kingslayer and Queenslayer seems all but certain.

In a way I think it'd be fitting if Cersei ended up winning because she has, ultimately, played the game better than anyone (although you can argue Sansa is a better player now). But it seems impossible for that to happen from a storytelling standpoint.

It does seem important that Gendry is the only surviving Baratheon we know and that he's now connected romantically to House Stark.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I said before that its seems Jon is never going to survive, but man, Dany feels expendable right now.

She's not the last Targaryen now, and not the only dragon rider. Sansa and Lady Mormont will never really accept her rule.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

In a way I think it'd be fitting if Cersei ended up winning because she has, ultimately, played the game better than anyone (although you can argue Sansa is a better player now). But it seems impossible for that to happen from a storytelling standpoint.

It does seem important that Gendry is the only surviving Baratheon we know and that he's now connected romantically to House Stark.
There's a theory that he is a true Baratheon and not a bastard. I don't buy it but my friend is certain Gendry winds up on the throne.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

Cersei is one of the best characters on the show :baghead:

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
I want it to happen just to see if Ned comes back without a head

I have a feeling the bones Little Finger took to the Stark crypt aren't Neds. We all know how big of a snake Little Finger is so I wouldn't doubt he brought random bones to get on Sansa's good side. What I'm getting at.... I don't think Ned's body was burned.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
So apparently the crypt is full of dead people

Not good
It's conflating books and show, but there's some discussion about Starks, White Walkers, wights, first men, and the crypts of winterfell.

More or less, that's why most every sarcophagus is adorned by that Stark's sword, the iron binds the would be wraith from rising again. Now, if the folks in the crypt take the swords off the graves, or Lyanna Stark is actually buried instead of just memorialized (Brandon the Shipwright), there may be a grave or two that rise from the dead.

There's a lot of unexplored back story to the Starks and their affinity for being skin changers or wargs, and why the Boltons and Carstarks had been at odds with them for so long. Odds being an understatement of historical notation when the families would hunt and kill one another for #reasons.
The Starks come from stock of the First Men, thus why many in the North still pray to the old gods and the weirwood trees. The other inhabitants of Westeros are more akin to the Andals. Thus, the Starks have powers that the other folks don't because of old religion and association/exposure to the Children of the Forest, etc. etc. Does any of that make sense, of course not. I'm not definitive and the material is a bit convoluted. But yeah, the dead rising in the graves is something I totally expect to happen, but in story there is a solution for it already. I will #faceturn on the show if they give a nod to this and portray this detail accurately.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I fully expect ghost to be awesome in this battle.

I expect Jon to be in the last episode of the season.

I don’t think Arya ends up with gendry

Sansa also survives I think.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
y'all. I don't think the night king is at winterfell for the battle. I think his plan is to attack kings landing where Cersei has been living too happily and care free. This way he can add more dead soldiers to his army and possibly Cersei + the half dead mountain. This would set up a second battle with what's left of the living vs the night kings new army.

They haven't shown the night king yet, and they even did a slow pan up from the dead standing outside winterfell and it was just dead soldiers, not him.

Cersei is too dumb to burn the dead, too.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
y'all. I don't think the night king is at winterfell for the battle. I think his plan is to attack kings landing where Cersei has been living too happily and care free. This way he can add more dead soldiers to his army and possibly Cersei + the half dead mountain. This would set up a second battle with what's left of the living vs the night kings new army.

They haven't shown the night king yet, and they even did a slow pan up from the dead standing outside winterfell and it was just dead soldiers, not him.

Cersei is too dumb to burn the dead, too.

Can't see how the Night King would get from the Wall all the way down to Kings Landing without killing everyone in his way so all of Westeros Vs. what's left at Winterfell after this battle.

Just don't see it happening. I think what we see is what we're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad