All purpose trade/roster building thread the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If the Avs ended up getting Murray or something similar, wonder if we'd revisit our previous interest in Grubauer. I'd be wary given the injuries this year, but I suppose you'd only be locked in for one year at a good rate if it becomes a chronic thing.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If the Avs ended up getting Murray or something similar, wonder if we'd revisit our previous interest in Grubauer. I'd be wary given the injuries this year, but I suppose you'd only be locked in for one year at a good rate if it becomes a chronic thing.

I'd definitely be interested in Grubauer. I don't quite understand the need in Colorado to upgrade at G unless they think Grubauer is injured long-term. And it sounds like Sakic agrees and plans to continue with Grubauer and Francouz next season.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Did we ever really find out if the Canes just didn't make a good enough offer, or if Lehner just preferred to play elsewhere? There was so much "smoke" out there about Canes and Lehner, it makes me wonder what kept it from happening.
Yeah, while we've had a chance to sign him, I'm not sure how strong the interest was on either or both sides. The one you could make an argument for is not trading a 2nd for him at the deadline and maybe putting yourself in a position to do what Vegas is doing.

As for the Avs, I don't care what they are saying, I think they'll look at improving any position giving their contention window. That doesn't mean that Grubauer is bad, because he's not. They could also be Ferland level frustrated given him being injured before the season shut down and again when it returned. As long as the injury appears to be something that will be fine again whenever next season starts, I'd gladly pursue him in the scenario where the Avs upgrade their situation.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not project—he has been playing 3C for Vegas in the playoffs. So is Vegas a "poor team?" Roy is not a 4C—while playing for a highly successful team.

The last few games he has also been playing RW on what is arguably the second line. You state that Trocheck is a 50+ point center, given how Roy has been developing that is not out of the question.
He’s playing at least at the same level of Jstaal in that third spot. Maybe less on face offs but he’s been solid defensively and more dangerous offensively.

It wasn’t wrong to trade him for a second line center. It was wrong to trade him for Haula in the end. I know technically it got us Trochek.....with an additional three pieces added. Trocheck hasn’t proven himself really yet anyways.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
We should be in on Murray. Depending on what others are offering we could send back a cheaper goalie to be the vet backup for Jarry and add from there. They could actually use the stability of Reimer. Murray and Mrazek is an improvement in my book.

Reactions: The Old Master

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
We should be in on Murray. Depending on what others are offering we could send back a cheaper goalie to be the vet backup for Jarry and add from there. They could actually use the stability of Reimer. Murray and Mrazek is an improvement in my book.
Yeah but no. Murray has been brutal in last three seasons. He's not better than Mrazek and Reimer.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yeah but no. Murray has been brutal in last three seasons. He's not better than Mrazek and Reimer.
Plus isn't Murray arbitration eligible and already asking for a Lehner-type contract? He's gonna get overpaid in arbitration just because of his Cups and playoff runs. He'd be foolish not to ask for a big contract, let them deny, then go through arb. Let Pitts deal with that mess...he has minimal value until then due to contract ask, unless it's a sign-trade type deal

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
No way. He has looked less competent than the two guys we have and he is arbitration eligible. If we trade for him and he gets a big award from the arbitration, we could regret it or lose out on the assets we traded for him.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Move Reimer + for MAF

Draft Askarov

2 years clean slate with Askarov taking over

This would be a good solution....assuming Askarov is there to draft. It may be a small quibble, but I'd only do the trade after the draft and we already have Askarov. If we don't get him in the draft, then we need to look for longer term solutions than Fleury.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think Murray is still better than outside fans are valuing him, but less than Pens fans and apparently JR trying to get a 1st are valuing him. He'd be a risky acquisition. As with all things, if the price is right, I actually think he might do well here.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think Murray is still better than outside fans are valuing him, but less than Pens fans and apparently JR trying to get a 1st are valuing him. He'd be a risky acquisition. As with all things, if the price is right, I actually think he might do well here.

But that’s the catch with Murray on 2 levels. Not only do you need to trade for him, you have to sign him.

At the moment I’m thinking:
Markstrom/Demko
Crawford
Keumper/Raanta
MAF
Holtby
Murray

I could flip 2 and 3 but I feel like Crawford could be the same bridge to the next generation as MAF without costing assets like Keumper or Raanta will.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'd be interested in something around Ned for Kuemper or Raanta if we do move Reimer, but that's about the extent of goalie moves that I'd even consider this offseason.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
But that’s the catch with Murray on 2 levels. Not only do you need to trade for him, you have to sign him.

At the moment I’m thinking:
Markstrom/Demko
Crawford
Keumper/Raanta
MAF
Holtby
Murray

I could flip 2 and 3 but I feel like Crawford could be the same bridge to the next generation as MAF without costing assets like Keumper or Raanta will.
Hence if the price is right. I don't anticipate it will be. But if nobody bites on the high price the Pens want and Lehner sets a low goalie market, who knows?

Also, I wonder if all the moves get made before free agency if Holtby could be a guy left without a chair in the game of goalie musical chairs. To the point, I wonder if he could be the type of guy we could get cheaper and term and price than expected several days into free agency as we've been known to do. I know everyone has soured on him, and believe me, I've been banging the drum of his mediocrity or worse for the last three years outside of the playoffs that one year. But in spite of our chicken with heads cut off moments, I wonder if we might be a better fit for him than Washington at this point.

As for you list, I'd gladly take the Vancouver guys, but I don't have a good feeling on our chances. I don't think I'd want Crawford at this point even though he played well this year. I'd have no problem acquiring Kuemper (though he has not consistently shown he can handle a big workload) but Raanta is a no because he can't stay healthy. Don't have much interest in Fleury without being paid handsomely. Like I said, Holtby is far from my favorite choice, he'd have to be a cheap no other options type of move. And I'd be pretty fine with Murray if the stars somehow aligned in terms of contract and acquisition price. As I mentioned elsewhere, if Grubauer shakes free, I'd gladly circle back on that. I would also take Andersen for the right price, but who knows where that goes.

If I had to put odds on anything, it'd probably be we end up with the same duo.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hence if the price is right. I don't anticipate it will be. But if nobody bites on the high price the Pens want and Lehner sets a low goalie market, who knows?

Also, I wonder if all the moves get made before free agency if Holtby could be a guy left without a chair in the game of goalie musical chairs. To the point, I wonder if he could be the type of guy we could get cheaper and term and price than expected several days into free agency as we've been known to do. I know everyone has soured on him, and believe me, I've been banging the drum of his mediocrity or worse for the last three years outside of the playoffs that one year. But in spite of our chicken with heads cut off moments, I wonder if we might be a better fit for him than Washington at this point.

As for you list, I'd gladly take the Vancouver guys, but I don't have a good feeling on our chances. I don't think I'd want Crawford at this point even though he played well this year. I'd have no problem acquiring Kuemper (though he has not consistently shown he can handle a big workload) but Raanta is a no because he can't stay healthy. Don't have much interest in Fleury without being paid handsomely. Like I said, Holtby is far from my favorite choice, he'd have to be a cheap no other options type of move. And I'd be pretty fine with Murray if the stars somehow aligned in terms of contract and acquisition price. As I mentioned elsewhere, if Grubauer shakes free, I'd gladly circle back on that. I would also take Andersen for the right price, but who knows where that goes.

If I had to put odds on anything, it'd probably be we end up with the same duo.

Probably right about ending up with the same duo. And if it allows for a move at F I think I'm ok with that.

I'd put Andersen probably above MAF, but both make me wonder why the move is being made when they haven't clearly outperformed Mrazek/Reimer. At least with Crawford, Raanta, or Keumper you have evidence they've played better recently.

I'd put Grubauer up at #2 if he's available. I just don't see Colorado making a move.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Hard no on Lehner. History of substance abuse. Very up front about his mental health issues, yes, but all things being equal - would you rather your goaltender have those issues, or not?

If it was Price? Maybe. Lehner. Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad