All purpose trade/roster building thread the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
With these big contracts coming up we’re going to be tight against the cap for a while. We’ve got to hope we can fill in our roster with some players that can contribute on their ELC’s. I think in the next 1-2 seasons we should hopefully have 1 or 2 of Drury, Bokk, Suzuki, Jarvis, Puistola, Rees, Cotton, 2020 2nd rounders on the roster.

Would love to see two top 6 forwards come out of this group. I think there’s a good chance we do.
I love the way this roster is set up right now.

Once we get Hamilton squared away, we're going to have our defense set for a while, so I love the fact that we are going all in on high talent, high motor forwards who are playmakers and scorers. We have stacked the deck with prospects, so even if we hit on 1/4 to 1/5 of them, we'll still end up with 2 or 3 quality players.

At this point, all I'm really worried about is our situation in net. Missing out on Askarov, to be honest, I expected. I know we've been rumored to be shopping both Mrazek and Reimer lately, and we're supposedly in on Holtby. I'm very curious on where we are going there, because I am not sure we can keep rolling the dice with marginal players without it eventually backfiring.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Would be great, but I’d be shocked if Reimer returns that sort of value.
I'd be sad for Reimer in being shipped to Ottawa after he was pretty solid for us this year.

Truth be told, I'd rather keep him than Mrazek going forward.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I agree but I think the value of Reimer to Ottawa would be that he is only owed $850k.
Also begs the question on whether its worth it to the Canes to deal away someone with that kind of value when we're already talking about trying to conserve money for Hamilton and Svech.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I love the way this roster is set up right now.

Once we get Hamilton squared away, we're going to have our defense set for a while, so I love the fact that we are going all in on high talent, high motor forwards who are playmakers and scorers. We have stacked the deck with prospects, so even if we hit on 1/4 to 1/5 of them, we'll still end up with 2 or 3 quality players.

At this point, all I'm really worried about is our situation in net. Missing out on Askarov, to be honest, I expected. I know we've been rumored to be shopping both Mrazek and Reimer lately, and we're supposedly in on Holtby. I'm very curious on where we are going there, because I am not sure we can keep rolling the dice with marginal players without it eventually backfiring.

I'm hoping we can hit on like 1/3+ of these prospects and do a trade for a solid long term solution in net who's on a good contract. Don't see it happening for another 2-3+ years so we'll likely have to stick with Mrazek type players until then. We'll see how he does in Vegas going forward but I think we really really missed an opportunity to solve that issue with him. Both in FA and before the deadline this year.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Dzingle + Reimer for one of Ottawa's late 2nds appears somewhat favorable to OTT fans. They can give Dzingle the minutes he needs to get back up to 2nd round value by the Trade Deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad