Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Enjoy while you can. I reckon Hawks are poised to recall him any day now.

I also would love to see him play NHL playoff games but I would not be surprised at all if the Hawks brass leaves him down there to play playoff games with the Hogs and get top pairing minutes to be "the guy" back there. Guess it depends if one or two of the Hawks defensemen get traded.

Reactions: LDF

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They just traded the only RHD Rockford had so I dont think it's an immediate call up in mind. Unless they trade pieces like Forsling at the deadline

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not care if consensus has Hughes as the BPA #1...the Fact is he could only be a 3 C with the Hawks and no Pp time..plus whether you like it or not he IS a real surf with the weight he has at this point and only 5'10...And he is NOT a great 200ft player. ..Not sure about his face-off prowess ..

I still say Alex Turcotte fits a 3C role far better for us ...bigger. ..almost as God a slayer as Hughes.probably a better Goal scorer than Hughes...certainly better defender than Hughes. .

Maybe Hughes will be the better points producer IF he plays 1C or 2C for a team with top PP time...but Turcotte is much more valuable as he can fill 4C for us till Toes can no longer. Handle 1 C 3 or 4 years down the road..Then Turcotte can move up to 1C or 2C dependent get on how you designate Strome that time.

No bloody way Jack Hughes can nbest fill role of 3C with Chicago for 3-4 years ..just not the correct role for him.

This is not to say he cannot be a big star for other clubs with different needs and the proper spots open for roles best suiting Hughes.He us just not the right fit at thus time for Chicago. .

Hence it makes perfect sense to tradethe #1 down if we are so lucky to get it via lottery win should we fail to make playoffs...

plus..just because consensus lists have Hughes at #1 is no guarantee he turns out a better pro than Kakko or someone else .

Tali g the "BPA"is not always the correct move ...especially if that player for various reasons foes not fill a hole you have a need to fix..

In Chicago. ..Toes us still 1C and Strome 2C and which of them would you demote to 3V just to get the surf Hughes in the top 2 lines? ITain't gonna happen folks!

So stop with the Hughes nonsense. He is the wrong fit..for OUR TEAM.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I do not care if consensus has Hughes as the BPA #1...the Fact is he could only be a 3 C with the Hawks and no Pp time..plus whether you like it or not he IS a real surf with the weight he has at this point and only 5'10...And he is NOT a great 200ft player. ..Not sure about his face-off prowess ..

I still say Alex Turcotte fits a 3C role far better for us ...bigger. ..almost as God a slayer as Hughes.probably a better Goal scorer than Hughes...certainly better defender than Hughes. .

Maybe Hughes will be the better points producer IF he plays 1C or 2C for a team with top PP time...but Turcotte is much more valuable as he can fill 4C for us till Toes can no longer. Handle 1 C 3 or 4 years down the road..Then Turcotte can move up to 1C or 2C dependent get on how you designate Strome that time.

No bloody way Jack Hughes can nbest fill role of 3C with Chicago for 3-4 years ..just not the correct role for him.

This is not to say he cannot be a big star for other clubs with different needs and the proper spots open for roles best suiting Hughes.He us just not the right fit at thus time for Chicago. .

Hence it makes perfect sense to tradethe #1 down if we are so lucky to get it via lottery win should we fail to make playoffs...

plus..just because consensus lists have Hughes at #1 is no guarantee he turns out a better pro than Kakko or someone else .

Tali g the "BPA"is not always the correct move ...especially if that player for various reasons foes not fill a hole you have a need to fix..

In Chicago. ..Toes us still 1C and Strome 2C and which of them would you demote to 3V just to get the surf Hughes in the top 2 lines? ITain't gonna happen folks!

So stop with the Hughes nonsense. He is the wrong fit..for OUR TEAM.

Shocking that you read my last reply. I guess thats progress.

If you want to make some sort of case for trading out of the #1 spot i can at least understand that. But your original posts on this havent ever presented that scenario, merely saying Hughes should be bypassed.

Doesnt much matter, as the Hawks have almost no chance of getting that #1 slot. But if they did, id love to see them take Hughes. It likely means some deals have to be made down the road to accommodate him in a top 6 role, but the kind of talent he is expected to bring is a rare commodity. Or maybe they see if hes a fit on the wing. Either way, you make room in your lineup for his talent.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
An interesting tidbit I discovered while looking at our CHL prospects' stats: only 35% of Boqvist and Beaudin's points come from the power play. This percentage is quite low compared to that of other top D prospects drafted from the CHL, whom are getting 40+% of their points from the PP (Merkley is over 50%).

I don't know if this really means anything but I'm thinking it's a good thing our top prospects aren't relying on the power play for the bulk of their production.

Reactions: Idionym

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
An interesting tidbit I discovered while looking at our CHL prospects' stats: only 35% of Boqvist and Beaudin's points come from the power play. This percentage is quite low compared to that of other top D prospects drafted from the CHL, whom are getting 40+% of their points from the PP (Merkley is over 50%).

I don't know if this really means anything but I'm thinking it's a good thing our top prospects aren't relying on the power play for the bulk of their production.

Boqvist bad PP QB confirmed.

It definitely seems more sustainable if they're getting most of their points 5v5.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
It does not look like any of the 4 horseman will be traded now. Newb question again:
Which of the 3 RHD prospects is best able to play on his offside and become a LHD?

Boqvist, Joker, or Mitchell?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It does not look like any of the 4 horseman will be traded now. Newb question again:
Which of the 3 RHD prospects is best able to play on his offside and become a LHD?

Boqvist is comfortable on the left side. The Hawks also started trying Joki on the the left side so that could be a possibility too.

Mitchell is the least likely to switch sides.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Boqvist is the one that I think will end up on his offside. He is comfortable playing there plus it will allow him to use his heavy shot more often.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Boqvist bad PP QB confirmed.

It definitely seems more sustainable if they're getting most of their points 5v5.

Sadly people will take this seriously.

London has Bouchard (who is a vet) running more but Boqvist is much more of a catalyst. I am not joking when I say that I think he could run an NHL PP right now really well. Gus is good but Boqvist's ability to read the play and jump the lanes/rotate through give him even more potential. We saw it some in the preseason as well. Boqvist is the main reason why I am more ok with losing Gus than most.

Reactions: Idionym
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad