Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Third round, forth round. Close enough. Kid doesn't have the pedigree of a top player yet.

I wouldn't have complained about him not putting up points in the AHL yet though. But that was Fiddy, so it's only par for the corse.

Peole like Entwistle here because he could become a great 2-way third liner. That's a good player to have, but he's far from someone who can break a game wide open.

And this is the prospects thread. Between 19, 88, 17, and 12, we have enough options for the top line for next season, but we're all kinda looking 3-5 years ahead when our best two players will be nearing the end and will need to have others taking some of their roles on the team. 12 and 17 are good, but they sure as hell won't be able to balance out losing 19 and 88, so we need to find more players to help lighten that eventual load.
I mean we basically won't get a Kane or Toews tier player unless we pick top 3.

DeBrincat and Strome are the next wave. We don't need Entwistle to be a game breaker when we've got those two. Complimentary pieces like Entwistle, Barratt, Wise, and Kurashev are good. We might be able to get another high end forward in this draft. But after this year I don't foresee us drafting high for a while so our current pool along with this year's crop are what we need to rely on.

Also I wouldn't write off Kurashev as not having the pedigree. This is a guy who carried a terrible Quebec team and a Swiss team against some of the top prospects in the world. I'm telling you when he steps on the ice he is dangerous.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I mean we basically won't get a Kane or Toews tier player unless we pick top 3.

DeBrincat and Strome are the next wave. We don't need Entwistle to be a game breaker when we've got those two. Complimentary pieces like Entwistle, Barratt, Wise, and Kurashev are good. We might be able to get another high end forward in this draft. But after this year I don't foresee us drafting high for a while so our current pool along with this year's crop are what we need to rely on.

Also I wouldn't write off Kurashev as not having the pedigree. This is a guy who carried a terrible Quebec team and a Swiss team against some of the top prospects in the world. I'm telling you when he steps on the ice he is dangerous.
I'm not saying we'd get a Toews or Kane with this year's pick. What I'm saying is that three of DeBrincat, Strome, and draft pick (maybe someone like Krebs, Zegras, or Boldy) is about equal to just Toews and Kane. So three young kids would be able to help
fill the role of our two superstars.

And Kurashev' s stock has certainly risen since being drafted, but let's pump the breaks a bit. One good year is still a small sample size. It's a good sign, but it's way too early to start thinking he'll be a high end forward for us. And it's unfair to him that we give him such high expectations (for example, a slow start to his pro career has given Fiddy reason to talk shit, which no prospect deserves).

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
pump the breaks

lol, channeling Fiddy?

But, to your point, yes, the fanbase shouldn't be heaping outsize expectations on Kurashev. He had an excellent first year, totally outplayed where he was drafted, but let's see how he does with a large step up in competition. Obviously, hoping for great things, but certainly not counting on it.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
It’s almost like people overrate our forward prospects because they are all we have. I wouldn’t count on any of these guys to make the big club. If so, I like my crow medium rare.
Or it’s almost like people are overreacting based an extremely small sample size of a few players first taste of professional hockey...

I can’t for the life of me figure out how our forward prospects are overrated. They very rarely get talked about here and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone pump them up as top end prospects.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Hogs win 4-3 in a shoot-out ...No points for Dylan Sikura...Again Kurashrv no points and zro shots (2 Hames in a row now with blankety-blanks)...Hagel again no shots and no points (he only has 1a in 5GP)..

Reece Johnson did getv1 apple... Joker with 1 apple ..and Chad Keys with his 4th apple since joining the hogs...

It would seem our prospects are not exactly doing that Michael against AHL competition.

Meanwhile we are flabbergasted that MTL introduced Ryan Poehling to the NHL I their final game vs. Toronto...He Stats in his first game with a hatty and the GWG in a shoot-out..So he had 3cshots on goal in regulation ...all went in..

And in the shoot-out he took another shot that beat a goalie to WI the game and MTL closes put their season on a high and with great hope for next season..Have they found a "difference-maker"...a star?

I do not know

But our prospects ain't exactly dominating vs. Just the AHL level.

Not so hopeful for our future if this is all our pipeline can do again st the B league.

Show ME THE GOALS..
Not the odd apple here and there or Nada...
Comparing the goal output of a forward who was a 1st round pick to that of a bunch of guys who either arent forwards or arent high picks?

Why am i not surprised?

Reactions: Hattrick Kane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: