Entwistle had a big night with 2G, 2A

Boqvist had 1G

Hagel scored 1G

Kurashev with 1G, 1A

Nothing for Beaudin :(

Reactions: clydesdale line

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ho hum...another mis-match as Team USA u-18s blow out Madison 11-0 in USHL action last night..The great Jack Hughes with 2assist +3...but Zero goals on 7 shots (again showing his lousy shooting %...only 5 goals in 15GP vs. USHL teams ...he has 20 assists
...he is a playmaker nut really average or below average with his shot.

Alex Turcotte had 1g 3a +4...he had 3 shots on goal ...He has a blustering shooting %in 10 GP.it was 28% going into this game but obviously shooting 33% in this game it goes up from28%!
In contrast to Hughes, Turcotte has a great shot.

Cole Caufield has 4G 2a after going pointless the game before..He now has 18g in 19 games played...In contrast to Hughes he is a sniper part excellence . But not much of a playmaker..a finisher...that is his shtick.

Turcotte is the best all-round of these 3 stars ...8g 15 a in 10 GP...his 2.30 pp/g is better than Hughes who is only at 1.67 pp/g (points per game) vs. USHL competiton.

So to sum up ..vs. USHL teams thisxseason:

Jack Hughes 5g 20a 25 points in 15HP

Alex Turcotte 8 g 15a 23 points in 10GP.

Hughes is ballyhoo ed as a generational talent but Turcotte is not?

Who is really is better?

If you looked at just their stats vs. The USHL this season ,give Turcotte the extra 5 Hp and he would no doubt be haha of Hughes in scoring . Plus he is bigger and a better 200 ft player.

Maybe Turcotte should be #1 overall?

For the USHL games played by Team USA u18s ,I use the official USHL stats as on their Game Center website pages...
There is a discrepancy from this as opposed to the stats played by Team USA u18s vs.the UDHL that are shown on elite prospects. com which has 1 less assist for Hughes and 2 less assists for Turcotte ..but even with that ,Turcotte would be at 2 10 ppg and Hughes only 1.60 ppg .

Now it is true that if you took All the games played by the UDDP u-18 Team "C" (I do not know what the "C" means )as shown on elite prospects .Com then Hughes has a better ppg than Turcotte by lots ...but I am not sure what teams they played that are included in those stats.. I know they play some NCAA squads in exhibition games ..maybe some prep school squads? It could be that Hughes padded his stats against some of the worst teams in that bunch ofgames or that some of the college teams rested their better players to give more ice time to younger players in the exhibitions and/ he played in more games because Turcotte was hurt part of the season in the first half ..and so it is hard to judge because we do not know the ice time Hughes may have got when Turcotte was out or if Hughes got to play some games against weaker competiton.

Or it simply could be Turcotte is playing his his best hockey of the season after he got back from injury and only now on the 2nd half are we seeing what he really can do.

I do not know..but judging only vs. USHL teams this season. ...Turcotte is better than Hughes in ppg ...you cannot dispute this..admittedly small sample size ...only 15 GP for Hughes and only 10GP for Turcotte..

If you use the wider set of data that us shown on eliteprospects.Com for the UDNP Juniors u-18 against those other teams than the USHL (or maybe it is a Stat including both USHL and other competition inclusive I this total?) Then Hughes is at 1.98 ppg vs. 1.56 for Turcotte who has played 8 games less ...61 Pou ts in 31GP for Hughes vs. 36 points in 23 GP for Turcotte ..Even on the stats Turcotte has a better Goal production rate than Hughes ...Hughes has 16 goals in 31 games and Turcotte has 18 goals in 23 GP.

BUT I think we can say Turcotte is the better goal scorer of the two.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I would like to think he has a little more in him than that ... but "that'll do pig ... that'll do!"

Eh.. his junior numbers aren't that impressive. I agree that he seems to be a perfect bottom 6 guy who knows his role and does it very well. He was very good in WJC for team Canada in that role.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Eh.. his junior numbers aren't that impressive. I agree that he seems to be a perfect bottom 6 guy who knows his role and does it very well. He was very good in WJC for team Canada in that role.
Yeah you guys are most likely right in his bottom 6 role ... was watching The Two Towers again last night for fun ... ENTwistle is no Aragorn or Legolas ( Toews or Kane ) for sure! But those Ents .. when you get them mad ... look out!

Reactions: pvr

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually Krys had 2g and 3a last night ...not sure if Mitchell ever had a 5 point night ...of course only 1 game ...Krys not going to get 5 pii t nights often or maybe never again.

Mitchell had 1a last night in the game Denver played..He has not been as productive as last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad