Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
They weren't talking about Mitchell not signing this year, they were talking about him not signing at all and going UFA. If true, they need to be on top of this ASAP and trade him while they still have rights. I'd imagine the reason he wouldn't want to sign here is because of the D logjam.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They weren't talking about Mitchell not signing this year, they were talking about him not signing at all and going UFA. If true, they need to be on top of this ASAP and trade him while they still have rights. I'd imagine the reason he wouldn't want to sign here is because of the D logjam.
Can't see why he would do that. He'll change his mind when Jack Hughes arrives.

Reactions: Rooh

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I have a feeling Forsling will be part of a deal by the TDL.
I can't see Mitchell being allowed to sign elsewhere or traded.
that is somewhat my thoughts when i read the thread announcement of the possibility of Mitchell not signing. i think the Bhawks have a bad taste in their mouth with that Hayes kid.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The issue is not that Mitchell indicates he wants to play all 4 yrs in Denver and get his degree before turning pro ...the issue is the RISK that if that us his plan he would be tempted to do a K.Hayes and test the market as a free agent after Aug. 15th after his Senior Yr. In college .. If the Hawks by then....(2 more seasons) have improve.DC to contender status he might be tempted to sign with us My way. ..if he thinks chances of winning Cups are better e.knew here because Hawks still bogged down by albatross Contracts .of old man Keith and can't move Seabrook .and a 3 yrs older Toews declinING with other no 1C solution replacement in sight ...OR he thinks the "logjam"on Hawks D has set the team with no room at the Inn for him (ie. Boqvist ,Jokiharju and Murphy all have RD spots in 2 more season so where is the room at the Inn?

Well you COULD easily see him look for better I port unity elsewhere as a free agent .

So should we worry we loose him for nothing or trade his rights now for immediate upgrade elsewhere.

Put him in a package deal that some team thinks they will need a top RD in 3 seasons down the road !and will have a spot waiting for him to start immediately then?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The issue is not that Mitchell indicates he wants to play all 4 yrs in Denver and get his degree before turning pro ...the issue is the RISK that if that us his plan he would be tempted to do a K.Hayes and test the market as a free agent after Aug. 15th after his Senior Yr. In college .. If the Hawks by then....(2 more seasons) have improve.DC to contender status he might be tempted to sign with us My way. ..if he thinks chances of winning Cups are better e.knew here because Hawks still bogged down by albatross Contracts .of old man Keith and can't move Seabrook .and a 3 yrs older Toews declinING with other no 1C solution replacement in sight ...OR he thinks the "logjam"on Hawks D has set the team with no room at the Inn for him (ie. Boqvist ,Jokiharju and Murphy all have RD spots in 2 more season so where is the room at the Inn?

Well you COULD easily see him look for better I port unity elsewhere as a free agent .

So should we worry we loose him for nothing or trade his rights now for immediate upgrade elsewhere.

Put him in a package deal that some team thinks they will need a top RD in 3 seasons down the road !and will have a spot waiting for him to start immediately then?
We're not at the point now where we're looking at an Adam Fox situation nor do I think that'll happen.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The NHL needs to end this bullshit loophole. Make them RFAs so the teams that spend 4 years developing these kids can get compensation.

Where did this news come from that Mitchell might not sign? If there is any doubt package him now for a top 9 forward and be done with him.

Reactions: Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The NHL needs to end this bull**** loophole. Make them RFAs so the teams that spend 4 years developing these kids can get compensation.

Where did this news come from that Mitchell might not sign? If there is any doubt package him now for a top 9 forward and be done with him.
Came from last night's game. It was a comment made by the announcer.

I think it was referring to this year and not that he never wants to sign with us. Also that valuation is off. A top pairing RHD should not be traded for a top 9 forward.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Came from last night's game. It was a comment made by the announcer.

I think it was referring to this year and not that he never wants to sign with us. Also that valuation is off. A top pairing RHD should not be traded for a top 9 forward.

Bowman loses leverage if he goes to teams about Mitchell and they know he might not sign with them either. The opportunity cost is massive to lose him for nothing. I don’t get the kid if he doesn’t want to play in the NHL next season. Idiotic imo. Take away the loophole and he signs an ELC yesterday. The degree isn’t worth much relative to risking injury and losing out on potentially a ton of money.

The net present value of a bachelors degree is like a million to two million. He’d make that next year on Hawks if he hit some bonuses. Kid is stupid if he doesn’t sign.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
London is playing right now on NHL network for anyone that wants to watch Boqvist.
He’s really been turning it on lately after a bit of an expected adjustment period to start. I believe he leads OHL defenders in goals per game. Also the youngest defender near the top of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad