All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIII: Let's Get These Threads Back On The Rail(s)

Best Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
a45bf1eef32ca916c449b14514916a0f.jpg

Of the burger chains, five guys is definitely the best. But they should only be eaten in light of heavy hangovers or "i just spent 3 days in the woods and haven't eaten" scenarios.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A garbage man doesn’t have to approach a trash bag from the rear and pie off to a 30° angle to make sure the bag doesn’t shoot at him. Every time he picks up a bag. A cop does every single time he has to stop a car.

A garbage man has to constantly be aware of the truck moving, getting caught in its maw, oncoming traffic, etc.
Any job with a high death rate is intrinsically stressful - is there a difference being worried about a sniper v a land mine?

There are some unique stressors to police work, but not the ones you think.

Police stressors and health: a state-of-the-art review

It's hard to find reliable studies on occupational stress, the mass media articles tend to cite one site of dubious value.

Six occupations are reporting worse than average scores on each of the factors – physical health, psychological well-being and job satisfaction (ambulance workers, teachers, social services, customer services – call centres, prison officers and police).

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2959/584728e50018e592fa62d063492ff45a8bd1.pdf

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Of the burger chains, five guys is definitely the best. But they should only be eaten in light of heavy hangovers or "i just spent 3 days in the woods and haven't eaten" scenarios.

Years ago I went to one of the first (maybe the first) 5 Guys in Alexandria VA. I think they were better then, before they went national.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
At the rate the NHL is going with their restart, I’m guessing the 2020 Cup is awarded on Halloween. The 20-21 season will then start on Presidents’ Day 2021 and, after Cthulhu is finally sent back to his home dimension, it will end the week prior to the 2024 election.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
A garbage man has to constantly be aware of the truck moving, getting caught in its maw, oncoming traffic, etc.
Any job with a high death rate is intrinsically stressful - is there a difference being worried about a sniper v a land mine?

There are some unique stressors to police work, but not the ones you think.

Police stressors and health: a state-of-the-art review

It's hard to find reliable studies on occupational stress, the mass media articles tend to cite one site of dubious value.

Six occupations are reporting worse than average scores on each of the factors – physical health, psychological well-being and job satisfaction (ambulance workers, teachers, social services, customer services – call centres, prison officers and police).

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/2959/584728e50018e592fa62d063492ff45a8bd1.pdf
Yes there’s a difference between a sniper and landmine . If you step into the path of a sniper, he could miss, his gun jam or misfire. If you step into a landmine it either was wired right or wired wrong.
A cop has to worry about all that , minus the compactor. Then has to worry about people not wanting to go to jail, people that hate cops. People that want to commit suicide by cop. Mentally ill people other than suicidal.
When was the last time someone shot at a garbage man, on purpose.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

5 guys is really good. Love the fries. Their regular fries has like 3 times more at least then BK, McDonalds, Wendys ect
They make a good shake too

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Call me ignorant but I would never guess Moscow has more monthly deaths than Jakarta
(given the size of Moscow, comparison to NYC or London is mind-blowing too)

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F1c70480c-a1b4-11ea-b65d-489c67b0d85d

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Call me ignorant but I would never guess Moscow has more monthly deaths than Jakarta
(given the size of Moscow, comparison to NYC or London is mind-blowing too)

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F1c70480c-a1b4-11ea-b65d-489c67b0d85d
Problem is, the places you’d expect to have a lot of deaths are also places you’d assume aren’t great with testing and finding out who has it or who died from it, so I don’t know if I’d trust their numbers.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Problem is, the places you’d expect to have a lot of deaths are also places you’d assume aren’t great with testing and finding out who has it or who died from it, so I don’t know if I’d trust their numbers.

I’d never trust a Russian, period, but that’s a different story.. :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
5 guys is really good. Love the fries. Their regular fries has like 3 times more at least then BK, McDonalds, Wendys ect
They make a good shake too

They're good, dont get me wrong. But you can't eat that shit everyday, Fred.

I dknt even consider 5 guys in that tier. Theres fast food. Then there's burger joints like 5 guys, in n out, red Robin, etc.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
HELLO I'M JOJO, PLAYTING MY 202143TH GAME ON CHEN. EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE ONLY HERO I PLAY I STILL SUCK AT IT. AS A COMPENSATION FOR MY LACK OF SKILL I AM GOING TO BUY ALL SUPPORT ITEMS AND GANK MID AT LVL 2 AND FAIL. THANKS FOR LISTENING.

I didn't understand a single syllable of this paragraph, and yet I still enjoyed it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're good, dont get me wrong. But you can't eat that shit everyday, Fred.

I dknt even consider 5 guys in that tier. Theres fast food. Then there's burger joints like 5 guys, in n out, red Robin, etc.
Red Robin’s is more like a TGIFridays or Applebee’s than the other two.

I’d count Chipotle and Five Guys as fast food though.

But yeah, I couldn’t eat it every day. It’s a rare treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad