All Goalie Talk

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I'm starting to have doubts about Vasi. It's obviously a couple years too early to give up on him but watching other goalies from the same draft have dramatic success (Murray, Anderson) is worrying.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm starting to have doubts about Vasi. It's obviously a couple years too early to give up on him but watching other goalies from the same draft have dramatic success (Murray, Anderson) is worrying.

Problem with vasy is we really don't know what he can do. Bishop has been playing so well vasy has not gotten many games. Vasy is the goalie I keep over bishop. Bishop is 30 we he hits 35 his big body won't move like he does now. In 5 years vasy will be in his prime.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Anderson is 26 years old already, Vasilevskiy only 21. Murray is having good success but he's playing on team that's been hot lately and are playing good hockey, his junior career wasn't impressive. Vasilevskiy put up good numbers in the KHL and AHL so far, he's had decent starts but some rough ones too. Murray has been given a run of games which helps a goalie more than the spot starts Vasilevskiy is getting.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Anderson is 26 years old already, Vasilevskiy only 21. Murray is having good success but he's playing on team that's been hot lately and are playing good hockey, his junior career wasn't impressive. Vasilevskiy put up good numbers in the KHL and AHL so far, he's had decent starts but some rough ones too. Murray has been given a run of games which helps a goalie more than the spot starts Vasilevskiy is getting.

Yup. A goalie needs games to be sharp. Playing only once or twice a month doesn't allow you to enter a groove.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i have no questions on vasy have questions on how we are preparing him for future lack of starts but he has the work ethic and desire to me hes an elite goalie

with those two things it will all work out those two things the desire to be the best in the world and the work ethic having to kick off the ice first in last to leave etc.. will make him reach his highest level even if we do not get him the starts needed when he matures he will handle it better

i have no problem right now handing this kid the keys to the franchise in expansion myself get rid of rust the work ethic desire will take care of the rest when he gets his shot

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Erik ErlendssonVerified account
‏@erlendssonTBO
Capuano "We are playing a world class goalie in Ben Bishop. Our guy is good, but they did a better job of getting to the areas to score"

in that head lol good for us quotes like this but i hate when coaches single out a guy like this allows their players to buy into it

id be like well weve owned him in past we got to play like we did when we beat him:)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Erik ErlendssonVerified account
‏@erlendssonTBO
Capuano "We are playing a world class goalie in Ben Bishop. Our guy is good, but they did a better job of getting to the areas to score"

in that head lol good for us quotes like this but i hate when coaches single out a guy like this allows their players to buy into it

id be like well weve owned him in past we got to play like we did when we beat him:)

Well ee is out of a job tbo was sold today

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Well, I've read on more than one occasion that people had doubts about Price when Halak got shipped out of Montreal.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
What would you want for Gudlevskis? A 2nd? A 2nd and a 4th? Is that an overpayment?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What would you want for Gudlevskis? A 2nd? A 2nd and a 4th? Is that an overpayment?

We're too thin between the pipes to trade him right now. If Bishop or Vasilevskiy are hurt he's getting called up, Wilcox isn't ready to be an NHL backup. We just don't have the depth to trade him for futures even if the value seems good for him.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Come on now. Its not like Murray just came in and stole the job, MAF got hurt. Count your blessings that Ben is healthy, and this will sort itself out in time. Vasi is just fine.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Come on now. Its not like Murray just came in and stole the job, MAF got hurt. Count your blessings that Ben is healthy, and this will sort itself out in time. Vasi is just fine.

funny thing is upstarts happen all over it seems almost yearly

what did the hamburgler do this year?

goalies take forever after he has 5 years in his belt ill worry if hes not one of the best in the league

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
funny thing is upstarts happen all over it seems almost yearly

what did the hamburgler do this year?

goalies take forever after he has 5 years in his belt ill worry if hes not one of the best in the league

Does anyone remember what happened two years ago when bishop got hurt and lindback went in ? Oh ya we got swept!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't know why everyone is blaming Lindback? It was Gudlevskis who lost game 4 which got us swept.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ben Bishop just stole another one.

It's kind of hard to believe how good he's been.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Kane will win the Hart but Bishop really should. How many games did we have where we got blown off the ice for the first 40 minutes in every department except goaltending? Maybe 40?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Problem with vasy is we really don't know what he can do. Bishop has been playing so well vasy has not gotten many games. Vasy is the goalie I keep over bishop. Bishop is 30 we he hits 35 his big body won't move like he does now. In 5 years vasy will be in his prime.

How anyone, and I mean anyone choose Vasi over Bishop is beyond me.

I don't care how good Vasi "might" be one day.

When you win the lottery, you don't spend all your money on more lottery tickets just for the chance to win again...

It doesn't work that way....

If we can keep Vasi, great. But if it means losing him for Bishop, we make the deal in a heartbeat.

Bishop has literally one "peer" in the entire league right now and that's Brayden Holtby (and even he might be golfing on Wednesday).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad