All Goalie Talk

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
With Hedman and the D looking so well, I feel Bish is getting kind of overlooked. He hasn't had to work very hard (which is good), but he's still a big part of this, and I'm excited about watching him this season.

Hopefully Nabby can give us some solid backup tending. Anyway, I'm like only half focused while reading this, but figured we should get the discussion going.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
With Hedman and the D looking so well, I feel Bish is getting kind of overlooked. He hasn't had to work very hard (which is good), but he's still a big part of this, and I'm excited about watching him this season.

Hopefully Nabby can give us some solid backup tending. Anyway, I'm like only half focused while reading this, but figured we should get the discussion going.

I'll say!

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Nabby was overused on the Isles, cause frankly we had no one else good enough.

If Nabby gets ample work and not overloaded he should be an improvement over Lindback for us.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

If Nabby gets ample work and not overloaded he should be an improvement over Lindback for us.

I would be an improvement over Lindback.

Still, I'm honestly not too worried about Nabby yet until we see him in action, and if he doesn't perform well enough, I honestly am not too concerned because a) there are still effective FA goalies, and b) we have a couple of pretty good guys in the A that can take over. I don't think it will be an issue, but if it is we have other options.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

If he's an NHL caliber goalie, he's an improvement over Lindback. And it's not like we have unreasonable expectations. Give us a .905 and we'll probably be satisfied. Easiest gig of Nabokov's career.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
im really disappointed that you started this already lol.

Nabby is not bishop but NABBY IS THE REAL DEAL

I am soo happy going into this game KNOWING WE HAVE A BACK UP GOALIE THAT IS NOT JUST HOPED FOR DOING OK ENOUGH FOR A WIN

NABBY IS EXPECTED TO WIN

To me I don't remember ever being this happy with goalies in Tampa so I doubt I ever was now there was a time was semi happy but I AM REALLY HAPPY TODAY.

LETS GO BOLTS GIVE THE RUSSIAN HIS FIRST WIN AS A LIGHTNING!!

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
If he's an NHL caliber goalie, he's an improvement over Lindback. And it's not like we have unreasonable expectations. Give us a .905 and we'll probably be satisfied. Easiest gig of Nabokov's career.

Islander here.
.905 is easy for Nabby, he was misused by Isles, don't play him EVERY game and he will always be among the TOP 30. You can really rest Bishop more and give Nabokov more games.

So happy he beat Schneider, wish Nabby luck in Tampa.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Islander here.
.905 is easy for Nabby, he was misused by Isles, don't play him EVERY game and he will always be among the TOP 30. You can really rest Bishop more and give Nabokov more games.

So happy he beat Schneider, wish Nabby luck in Tampa.

Ummm.... about that...

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Nabby was great in that New Jersey game. Hard to blame him when one goal is scored on a third or fourth try and the other one is a tap-in on the PP. That stick save on Ryder (?) was as good as it gets. I'm not worried to play him more based on that game.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Nabby played great in his first game. If that is a sign of things to come...this duo will be the reason for many wins this season. If our shooting % would up tick to league average - we'd be undefeated right now. We've outplayed the opposition in all games so far...

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Nabby played great in his first game. If that is a sign of things to come...this duo will be the reason for many wins this season. If our shooting % would up tick to league average - we'd be undefeated right now. We've outplayed the opposition in all games so far...

I don't know if we outplayed the Devils outside of the first period, but I take your meaining. We could just as easily have 8 points now as 5.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Edmonton's terrible, but they have more offensive weapons than Calgary. Wouldn't mind giving Bishop the start in Edmonton, just in case the Oilers' offense suddenly clicks.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'd do Nabby on the first half of both back to backs and Bish on the back half of each.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
thats what I want bish against flames and wild and to dfc edmonton is what it is that is a huge trap for us for sure they aint won yes got a point that game is scaring me to death.

Even healthy I wouldnt feel good about that one lol .

Yeah, Edmonton's potential to explode offensively is what's making me reconsider. I trust Nabby a lot more than I trusted Lindback though, so I think we'd be ok giving Bish an extra day of rest after seeing a pretty decent amount of shots vs Vancouver.

This is exactly why we brought in Nabby. Let's use him.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bol...141021/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
G Ben Bishop, who is expected to be given the night off on Tuesday against Calgary, gave up three goals on Monday, the first time this season he has allowed more than two goals in his five starts.

Since the start of last season, Bishop leads all goaltenders in games allowing two or fewer goals, having done so 45 times, which is one more than Colorado G Semyon Varlamov. The next closest is Corey Crawford (42) and Tuukka Rask (41).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad