All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Darby looked like a star. They have really put him on display with Dynamite so far. I can’t see him NOT getting a title around his waist soon.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens are over and watched NXT. Now on to AEW.

- Sky is a f***ing STUD. Holy shit. That whole match was made by Sky. He was so charismatic. It is fun to watch AEW/NXT back to back because NXT definitely feels small indy and AEW feels bigger than Raw. It's amazing.

- Tag team wrestling is fun but I've been so used to WWE tag team. I feel like every AEW tag match is tornado. There are like no rules. :laugh:

- Boy this is a VERY tag team heavy show.

- Cody's little video package was f***ing AWESOME. Really enjoyed it.

Good solid consistency from AEW. Another great show. I have 0 complaints. Wednesday is a dream.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing that I noticed is that everyone looks bigger than I thought on tv. My theory is that I’m used to seeing huge guys on WWE that the smaller guy are not so much smaller when they’re all the same size.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can someone answer why these tag matches are all tornado style basically? I'm asking for real. I think I was just too used to WWE, but man these are all like anything goes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can someone answer why these tag matches are all tornado style basically? I'm asking for real. I think I was just too used to WWE, but man these are all like anything goes.

they just are liberal with rules in order to make them better. Notice the lack of heat spots in tag matches or almost any other one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
One thing that I noticed is that everyone looks bigger than I thought on tv. My theory is that I’m used to seeing huge guys on WWE that the smaller guy are not so much smaller when they’re all the same size.
They’re all just ordinary sized guys.

The big one was Swagger felt like just another guy in WWE because they’re so massive, but in a company with small-to-average sized guys he’s a monster. Moxley is even a monster somewhat and he’s only 6’1”. He’s just so much taller than guys like PAC, Kenny, Jericho, etc

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
in Mexico you can be legal man as soon as your partner leaves the ring and you enters.
ive seen others companies let it go too.

if you follow the rules it takes away alot of cool spots.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
AEW should clean up the very sloppy reffing in tag matches, particularly for a promotion that claims to be going for more of a real sport feel. Ignoring the rules is lazy and leads to inconsistencies. Also, Stunt is a channel changer for me. He's embarrassing. AEW is still doing well though. Producing a solid show.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
AEW should clean up the very sloppy reffing in tag matches, particularly for a promotion that claims to be going for more of a real sport feel. Ignoring the rules is lazy and leads to inconsistencies. Also, Stunt is a channel changer for me. He's embarrassing. AEW is still doing well though. Producing a solid show.

It depends. I agree AEW should clear up tag team rules more, but if its more ECW style tag matches then the reffing would have been considered fine.

I had the same thoughts about stunt, but that match ended up being pretty damn good IMO. I love the Lucha Bros though, so they can do no wrong.

And final thought - if his mic skills are pretty good then I think Scorpio Sky is going to be a star.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just my 2 cents here but I see in a matter of 3 weeks they had this tiny asian girl beat a huge monster thus killing any credibility that monster had. The next week tiny asian girl and her Dentist tag team partner have a match where they show a slight hint of tension between both. You would think here is an idea build up these 2 having tension and Dentist turning on on her in a 3-4 month storyline that ends on a match that can be sold on PPV but nope they basically have the tiny asian girl beat the Dentist on episode 3 thus killing her credibility

I guess AEW is so hellbent turning tiny asian girl into a star they are willing to ruin every other females credibility to get her over as fast as they can. What I seen in 3 episodes I could have turned into 6-9 months of storyline

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just my 2 cents here but I see in a matter of 3 weeks they had this tiny asian girl beat a huge monster thus killing any credibility that monster had. The next week tiny asian girl and her Dentist tag team partner have a match where they show a slight hint of tension between both. You would think here is an idea build up these 2 having tension and Dentist turning on on her in a 3-4 month storyline that ends on a match that can be sold on PPV but nope they basically have the tiny asian girl beat the Dentist on episode 3 thus killing her credibility

I guess AEW is so hellbent turning tiny asian girl into a star they are willing to ruin every other females credibility to get her over as fast as they can. What I seen in 3 episodes I could have turned into 6-9 months of storyline

She brings in ratings to a key demographic.

On the flip side, her winning night in and night out builds your champion up as well.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
She brings in ratings to a key demographic.

On the flip side, her winning night in and night out builds your champion up as well.

The can easily have her face a few jobbers(lesser wrestlers) while you build up a feud for her over the coarse of a few months with the Dentist lady. You want to build up tiny asian girl have her in a few matches she dominates against lesser wrestlers(although I would have taken at least a month to build up the tiny asian girl vs the monster match(I believe they have a PPV in a few weeks)

Way I see things is AEW is pandering to a niche internet fanbase with the asian girl, ignoring the fact what may work online with hardcore viewers(who most likely will watch the show no matter what) may not be the best when you are trying to draw a mass audience on cable TV

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The can easily have her face a few jobbers(lesser wrestlers) while you build up a feud for her over the coarse of a few months with the Dentist lady. You want to build up tiny asian girl have her in a few matches she dominates against lesser wrestlers(although I would have taken at least a month to build up the tiny asian girl vs the monster match(I believe they have a PPV in a few weeks)

Way I see things is AEW is pandering to a niche internet fanbase with the asian girl, ignoring the fact what may work online with hardcore viewers(who most likely will watch the show no matter what) may not be the best when you are trying to draw a mass audience on cable TV

I think you may see this more with Bea Priestley than Britt Baker. We shall see.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think that for now things are a bit disjointed in AEW because different influential parties want different things. Omega is big on the Japanese girls so you have Riho and a variety of other Japanese women, the young bucks want tag wrestling so you see that emphasized, Rhodes wants NWA/WCW style stuff and thus far he's sort of been in that kind of bubble, Jericho is doing simply classic wrestling style, there's an obvious indy element running through it all, there's also a fair bit of pandering to the internet in a variety of ways. For now it's mostly a mosaic where the elements are largely separate and I wonder if in the future that will remain the case, or if it will coalesce into a more coherent whole the is more consistent but sees those elements pared down. It's interesting either way.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad