All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The can easily have her face a few jobbers(lesser wrestlers) while you build up a feud for her over the coarse of a few months with the Dentist lady. You want to build up tiny asian girl have her in a few matches she dominates against lesser wrestlers(although I would have taken at least a month to build up the tiny asian girl vs the monster match(I believe they have a PPV in a few weeks)

Way I see things is AEW is pandering to a niche internet fanbase with the asian girl, ignoring the fact what may work online with hardcore viewers(who most likely will watch the show no matter what) may not be the best when you are trying to draw a mass audience on cable TV

their breakdowns are telling them that Riho is a draw to teenage girls (helps that she’s over to, like, everybody else too). WWE has been trying to reach that demo for a very long time. And they don’t even have her talk and almost everyone she’s wrestled is green. They’re not trying to get her over, she is over to who they want her to be over with.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
My only real complaint is the lack of promos to sell guys. I don't know who a lot of these guys are so it'd be nice to hear what theyre all about and establish their character. Other than that I've loved the first 3 episodes. Amazing wrestling and you can tell they have a direction with their storytelling. Just a complete breathe of fresh air from WWE.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My only real complaint is the lack of promos to sell guys. I don't know who a lot of these guys are so it'd be nice to hear what theyre all about and establish their character. Other than that I've loved the first 3 episodes. Amazing wrestling and you can tell they have a direction with their storytelling. Just a complete breathe of fresh air from WWE.

Allin had a fantastic video promo via a video from twitter. I would have really liked to see that promo on the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The can easily have her face a few jobbers(lesser wrestlers) while you build up a feud for her over the coarse of a few months with the Dentist lady. You want to build up tiny asian girl have her in a few matches she dominates against lesser wrestlers(although I would have taken at least a month to build up the tiny asian girl vs the monster match(I believe they have a PPV in a few weeks)

Way I see things is AEW is pandering to a niche internet fanbase with the asian girl, ignoring the fact what may work online with hardcore viewers(who most likely will watch the show no matter what) may not be the best when you are trying to draw a mass audience on cable TV
She’s literally drawing far more than a “niche internet fan base.” We have proof of that.

Reactions: sabremike

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
She’s literally drawing far more than a “niche internet fan base.” We have proof of that.

I haven't looked into the ratings that much but the couple odd things i see is AEW lost alot of viewers between week 1 and 2(which is to be expected due to the curiosity factor) and in the first week the Riho match lost 1000 viewers(which isn't terrible but not really a screaming endorsement that it grabbed people's interest).

As I said it just feels like AEW buried 2 wrestlers who look like they have potential(and should have built up proper storylines for them to face Riho) to build up Riho. If I was booking AEW I would have done everything in my power to book Nyla Rose as a huge heel protecting her anyway I could(somebody said she was green well if that is the case have her be a bodyguard for some chickencrap male wrestler occasionally beating up guys and wrestling on house shows only till she is ready for prime time in the woman's division).

As for Riho, if she draws in a certain type of audience why not put her in a tag team and make them tag team champions thus rising her credibility so when they lose the titles she can go on a singles run

Last edited:

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
One thing that I noticed is that everyone looks bigger than I thought on tv. My theory is that I’m used to seeing huge guys on WWE that the smaller guy are not so much smaller when they’re all the same size.

This is also true for NXT which is basically a cruiserweight sized division in the "Gargano era". I think some call ups have struggled because their characters make less sense when they are smaller. Bobby Roode can't be larger than life box office draw guy, Alestair Black would be more intimidating if he was bigger, etc. Even Lars Sullivan when you really look at him isn't that much bigger than Elias but was like the Braun Strowman of NXT. (But his character is really intimidating and strong so it works out ok)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have heard that it was Cody and the Bucks in a tag....also saw somewhere that it was Cody-Orange Cassidy so not really sure lol
There was a kid dressed like Orange Cassidy in the front row (he is visible), so they did a thing where the kid pinned Cody, and MJF was yelling at the kid to not do it

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Man, that Moxley & Pac v Omega & Page. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Favourite part was when Omega & Moxley had their barbed wire weapons, and Pac interrupts .... which leads to Moxley giving him the fingers, paradigm shift and promptly leaving. HAHAHAHA

Mox is just a f***ing star. No other way to put it. He feels big in a way that I don't think any other AEW star does.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Something that I'm enjoying about AEW...there are real main events. More often than not a WWE main event is just an angle or a match that's really only like 4 minutes long after commercials that ends w/interference.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Best show yet IMO.

I'm quickly losing interest in watching RAW/Smackdown..

Oh very interesting. I have the 2nd one as my favorite. I thought it was an okay show. Definitely fun. Love the production... but it was a standard show. 2nd one was damn near perfect.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Oh very interesting. I have the 2nd one as my favorite. I thought it was an okay show. Definitely fun. Love the production... but it was a standard show. 2nd one was damn near perfect.
Yeah, I just enjoyed these matches a bit better. Liked the overall presentation/promos better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad