All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if you like him he calls you a mark and insults you.
if you hate him he trolls the crap out of you.
the guy is pure fire.

Reactions: Fro

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I was at BOLA. I don't want to post every detail of the show, but I should point out that if you think Darby Allin's bump against Cody was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. There's way more to come in the future.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“And yet, when I sit back and look at the grand picture, I’m going to war with these dudes that, if we were on the same show together, the same promotion…let’s pretend there were no borders. Let’s pretend there were no promotions. Let’s just pretend there’s just one big promotion. If these guys were in the same show as me, they’d be in the dark match. They’d be in the opening match of my main event match.”

Gonna be really embarrassing for them if that developmental brand full of guys who’d work dark matches on a card he’s on does better ratings and shows.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Gonna be really embarrassing for them if that developmental brand full of guys who’d work dark matches on a card he’s on does better ratings and shows.

To me...

Johnny Gargano >>>>> Kenny Omega
Velveteen Dream >>>>> Kenny Omega
Tomasso Ciampa >>>>> Kenny Omega
Adam Cole >>>>> Kenny Omega
WALTER (who I don't even like that much) >>>> Kenny Omega

So Kenny Omega can shut up. None of these guys would be in a dark match on a card Omega main events... unless Omega is booking the card.

I would pay to see any of these guys in a main event before I paid to see Omega. Omega in AEW has been very boring.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To me...

Johnny Gargano >>>>> Kenny Omega
Velveteen Dream >>>>> Kenny Omega
Tomasso Ciampa >>>>> Kenny Omega
Adam Cole >>>>> Kenny Omega
WALTER (who I don't even like that much) >>>> Kenny Omega

So Kenny Omega can shut up. None of these guys would be in a dark match on a card Omega main events... unless Omega is booking the card.

I would pay to see any of these guys in a main event before I paid to see Omega. Omega in AEW has been very boring.
Yeah there are plenty of guys in NXT that could main event literally anywhere, including AEW.

I like that there’s a war no matter how many times each side wants to say it isn’t a war, but AEW guys saying things like that will look incredibly foolish when the “developmental brand” does better shows and numbers if/when it happens.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the whole social media thing is like that to be honest.i
its like people really got exited with AEW. they watched. they didnt liked.... and now theyre for some reason, got f***ing pissed at the company....
and have to remind us how the superior NXT brand is better. eventho only like 3 people here watch NXT, unless its takeover.

im not taking sides here.
ill watch both and enjoy both. critisize whats bad and praise the good in both.

fans going to war its f***ing dumb.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im here for the show!
djiakovic.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Okada is the only current wrestler better than Omega.
i love all the names mentionned and i love nxt, but completely disagree.
I think Okada and AJ are better than Kenny but that’s it. Gargano is one of the most consistent 5* match guys though and to say guys like Johnny, Ciampa, Dream, Cole, etc would be pre-show guys is stupid. He’s going to look dumb when they’re beating out AEW.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nxt is great but it’s getting dangerously close to overrated on these boards due to the hardcore ******* going on about it.
AEW has had three shows, most of which did more to quell the hype more so than add to it for TV while NXT has been consistently great for four years and NXT is overrated?

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What I don't get is how is Cody the number 1 contender?

He beat 50 year old retired Golddust. Then he drew Darby Allin, a guy with 0 wins in AEW that is a virtual unknown. Not a good look that he can't even beat that guy.

His biggest win is against Tye, who also has no wins and was basically a jobber in WWE, his highlight was 4 years ago in NXT where he was basically midcard.

I get that its early but how is that impressive enough to become number 1 contender when W/L matter. And then Sammy would be number 1 if he beats Cody. That actually makes sense because at least Cody is bigger name than Tye and retired Gold Dust.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He beat 50 year old retired Golddust. Then he drew Darby Allin, a guy with 0 wins in AEW that is a virtual unknown. Not a good look that he can't even beat that guy.

His biggest win is against Tye, who also has no wins and was basically a jobber in WWE, his highlight was 4 years ago in NXT where he was basically midcard.

I get that its early but how is that impressive enough to become number 1 contender when W/L matter. And then Sammy would be number 1 if he beats Cody. That actually makes sense because at least Cody is bigger name than Tye and retired Gold Dust.
They do keep saying that if Cody loses to Samme Guevara, then he loses his title shot. But bottom line is that they had to announce a main event to sell tickets for the Baltimore PPV

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
AEW has had three shows, most of which did more to quell the hype more so than add to it for TV while NXT has been consistently great for four years and NXT is overrated?

I never said it was overrated. But if Scandales opinion and others peoples opinions that NXT is going to "bury" AEW seem to become the consensus on HFWF, then yes I think NXT will hit the overrated point on here.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I think the AEW Youtube videos do a good job of addressing that issue.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Omega vs Cima
Omega (and Bucks) vs Lucha Bros and LAredo Kid. (if you hated the cosplay joke, they did the match a few weeks later in MExico)
Omega vs PAC

the only match i didnt enjoy was vs Jericho.
which also lead to the biggest damn moment in young AEW history. Moxley debuting.

Omega has been everything, except boring.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
People needlessly picking a side is a staple of wrestling "wars". If those people enjoy it then that's fine, but the competition is good for people who just want a good wrestling product in general.

I'll hold off on judging AEW too harshly until there is some TV to establish it, but it is very clear that WWE's roster is far, far beyond what AEW has and right now NXT certainly seems like a superior product. AEW is very new though and I hope that it moves forward positively, building on the good points from its events so far and dropping the fair amount of crap that has been featured to this point.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI

I’d say it’s more of a case of if not Cody, who?

A lot of the roster is tied up in the tag tournament (so it’d be difficult to have Pentagon or Fenix or either of the Young Bucks challenge just yet). Moxley was hurt. Omega just lost.

It’s basically Cody or Pac or Jimmy Havoc, right? Havoc took a loss to Page recently, and Pac just debuted.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't know why not have a number 1 contender match or tournament or something? They have like 6 weeks of TV to fill, plenty of time to get a number 1 contender.

I guess ya Cody basically has the "best" record since they have had so few shows. Omega is a loser, Pac has 1 match, Hangman lost, and almost no one else wrestles singles matches.

Actually CIMA technically should be number 1 contender since he beat Omega, which to me is more impactful then beating Dustin and Tye. Same goes for PAC.

Hmmm triple threat CIMA/PAC/Cody for the title shot? Bucks give me the book LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad