All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymondo316

Nov 11, 2007
Maidstone England

So the ''amazing'' UK TV deal that Cody bragged about ends up being a heavily edited version that will be shown Sunday mornings at 8am :facepalm:

They really dropped the ball here

Reactions: Jussi

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I am confused and mad.
Nxt and AEW are in such shit deals in Canada. I mean one doesn’t even have one lol

Raymondo316

Nov 11, 2007
Maidstone England
It's the full show on the Sunday, with an edited version on another day.
At 8am they won't be showing the TV14 broadcast that was shown in the states. Its gonna be like when Smackdown was shown on Sky One back in the day, heavily edited/censored.

AEW had a real chance of building a fanbase over here, but with a shitty TV deal like that they have no chance.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody also talks too much.

“Our UK deal will blow WWE’s out of the water.”

>4 day delay, in the morning, with editing out anything too edgy, or pay to watch what you can watch for free in America.

I’m holding out on criticizing the silence on a Canadian deal for now but they’re now less than a week away from debut and I’ve never heard of a TV deal being announced less than a week before debut. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see them announce that Canadians can watch AEW Dynamite LIVE......

....for $20/month on TSN Go.

Oct 18, 2011
if the dude keeps putting 6* matches and the people dont like him because his company failed. its kinda weird.

Running a company is very hard. at the moment they have a very good backup. but who knows. it can totally fail and that wont change my opinion on the guy's wrestling abilities.

(just like if they succeed. you'll probably still hate the Bucks. two different things for me)
The difference between AEW and NXT will be the indy bullshit. WWE overproduces the hell out of their content but HHH will not allow a guy with hands in his pockets on his show, or hardcore bullshit that has no purpose(AEW's hardcore matches have had no stakes so far, they've just done them to do them)

now on the other hand AEW will hopefully allow alot of creative freedom when it comes to promo's where the guys and girls have their voice shine through. Any WWE show you watch with any promo sounds like scripted bullshit, Seth Rollins for instance has regressed alot IMO..

I want AEW to be successful I just don't want to see the same mistakes other companies have made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->