All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AEW has had three shows, most of which did more to quell the hype more so than add to it for TV while NXT has been consistently great for four years and NXT is overrated?

AEW has had four shows. DON was great. All Out was good. FFTF & FF were fine. Not awful. Not great. Just typical fillers until TV. (and really, FF shouldn't even have been under the AEW banner)

I agree NXT isn't overrated. I don't agree that either NXT or AEW will bury the other.

:dunno: I'm more focused on enjoying the two best live weekly shows available in North America right now. Not sure why it needs to be a war. I can understand the business side of NXT & AEW looking each other as competition, because they are, but I don't understand fans who are acting like they are apart of this as well lol

Then again, I don't understand why some fans on HF for example, will bash one prospect/player to bump up another.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
AEW has had four shows. DON was great. All Out was good. FFTF & FF were fine. Not awful. Not great. Just typical fillers until TV. (and really, FF shouldn't even have been under the AEW banner)

I agree NXT isn't overrated. I don't agree that either NXT or AEW will bury the other.

:dunno: I'm more focused on enjoying the two best live weekly shows available in North America right now. Not sure why it needs to be a war. I can understand the business side of NXT & AEW looking each other as competition, because they are, but I don't understand fans who are acting like they are apart of this as well lol

Then again, I don't understand why some fans on HF for example, will bash one prospect/player to bump up another.

Amen. It is driving me f***ing nuts, man. NXT and AEW are both going to be a wrestling fan's dream. This is what we asked for. This is what we wanted. So we finally got what we wanted. Just sit back and enjoy this. Why can't people enjoy this?

I think some fans have spent so long bitching that at this point they just want to be miserable. If you aren't watching NXT and/or AEW and you still want to bitch - that's on you. Those people are just miserable people who want to stay miserable.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
To me...

Johnny Gargano >>>>> Kenny Omega
Velveteen Dream >>>>> Kenny Omega
Tomasso Ciampa >>>>> Kenny Omega
Adam Cole >>>>> Kenny Omega
WALTER (who I don't even like that much) >>>> Kenny Omega

So Kenny Omega can shut up. None of these guys would be in a dark match on a card Omega main events... unless Omega is booking the card.

I would pay to see any of these guys in a main event before I paid to see Omega. Omega in AEW has been very boring.

I 10000% THINK that Omega was being sarcastic/in character. I think he has a lot of friends over there and wouldn't shit talk them. I don't think Omega was serious at all.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah got AEW that hasn't even gone on TV yet and you have people marking out for NXT. It's 2019, if both shows are amazing there are plenty of ways to watch 2 great shows on the same night lol.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
people are allowed to mark for nxt cuz it is amazing.
but lets be honest. for years that thread was abandoned because people read spoilers and simply dont watch or care.
and now we're gonna get told how f***ing AMAZING this is compared to a TV show who has had ZERO TV shows. (only PPVs so far)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
NXT was really good, loved the brawl at the end although too much Jason ryker in the brawl (I detest his character).

AEW needs to get us news on a show in Canada soon or they might not get me to tune in.

Also I could see a scenario where the weekly show rankings go like this:

1: Nxt/AEW
2: NXT/AEW

3:smackdown
4:raw

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean NXT is also not available in Canada. until the next day in the network. so its not like you can watch one over the other.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
he was attacking the wrestler "marks" like Dominic Dick head (Dijakovic) who were replying all insulted. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if AEW fails Kenny still the best wrestler in North America. he can say what he wants.
dont need to get worked or mad.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I get that, I mean this drunken character...

I dont mind him poking fun at others, although probably should save that for when the show gets good ratings or it will end really badly
How does it end bad for Omega? He just walks into another promotion as a top guy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->