All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
"Working alongside Pro Wrestling Tees he quickly got one released, and in the process smashed Pro Wrestling Tees record for most t-shirts sold in 24 hours ever. It also become the top selling shirt for the entire week in just 10 hour"

a little bit of the Bubbly!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meltzer gave Jericho/Page 4 stars

Errr... what lol

I had that one at around a **1/2 rating. Merely average.

That match was so beyond average. It didn't even tell a good story. It was just a match. Not bad. Not good. Just a match.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
most of the bookings have been like that.
booking wise it was the winner of the Battle Royal vs the winner of DON main event. each earning no.1 contender.

match wise. it was good for what Jericho ('s age) can do, against a guy like Page. (or most of the roster so far, who go nuts in the ring)

not many people will have a GREAT match with Jericho in AEW. i bet its the inevitable "hardcore stuff that he hates", against Moxley when people will enjoy his work again.

at the end of the day Meltzers ratings dont matter against your own opinion. but also people dont like Page at all. so whatever.
its kinda useless to argue this. i think.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
"Working alongside Pro Wrestling Tees he quickly got one released, and in the process smashed Pro Wrestling Tees record for most t-shirts sold in 24 hours ever. It also become the top selling shirt for the entire week in just 10 hour"

a little bit of the Bubbly!

Wow, this has really taken off.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyersfan187

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh social media is on FIRE the second the video came out. the reason he made the shirt. (he has been sharing the memes, himself on twitter, IG)

Oct 18, 2011
I don't care if people think Jericho is fat, if you stood next to him he wouldn't look that way, but it's a character driven business that's what draws money and gains interest and he's the best they have, atleast until they get Moxley fully involved

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So has Jericho already put AEW on the map with something much cooler than anything the WWE has currently when it comes to pop culture? Last thing I can think of for WWE was RKOs outta nowhere.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody said he may not get the title match vs. Jericho if his win-loss record goes south.

If they adhere to it strictly, it’s going to bite them in the ass sooner rather than later. All it takes is one little oversight. There needs to be some leeway. You also shouldn’t advertise a title match like that and then end up having to go “oh, this person has the better record, he’s 1st ranked.”

Oct 18, 2011
I don't think there's any way Cody should lose a match cleanly before facing Jericho. He needs to go into it undefeated, and that's probably where MJF will stab him in the back. Cody is clearly the top babyface right now he's connecting with the audience. I think Mox will get there but obviously the staph infection set him back but Full Gear is actually looking good

Jericho Vs Cody
Omega vs Moxley
Pac vs Page(?)
Plus maybe the first tag champion gets crowned(Bucks vs Santana and Ortiz?)

looks like a potentially strong card

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody said he may not get the title match vs. Jericho if his win-loss record goes south.

If they adhere to it strictly, it’s going to bite them in the ass sooner rather than later. All it takes is one little oversight. There needs to be some leeway. You also shouldn’t advertise a title match like that and then end up having to go “oh, this person has the better record, he’s 1st ranked.”
I'm sure it does eventually, but I also have some more faith that they have the first 2 months of TV booked. Maybe not all of it, but I'm sure it's not being put together the day before like we're used to hearing about.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm sure it does eventually, but I also have some more faith that they have the first 2 months of TV booked. Maybe not all of it, but I'm sure it's not being put together the day before like we're used to hearing about.

IIRC they do have the first few months of TV already planned.

I'm not concerned.

As @KaseMeOutside said, I think MJF likely betrays Cody in that match to set up their program heading into the first PPV of 2020.

I think Jericho carries the title into 2020, and Moxley or Omega take it off of him in 2020.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody should turn on MJF before MJF turns on him.

Be different from WWE. Have Cody know MJF was a no good bastard, and turn on him. Make Cody heel and MJF face.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cody should turn on MJF before MJF turns on him.

Be different from WWE. Have Cody know MJF was a no good bastard, and turn on him. Make Cody heel and MJF face.

I disagree, for two reasons.
1. MJF is one of the best heels in the business.
2. Making one of the authority guys a heel... isn't any different from the WWE

I wouldn't be upset either way, because it will be an awesome feud either way, but Cody putting over MJF so MJF can be one of the top heels makes more sense to me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i also prefer being Cody who turns on MJF. as MJF doesnt realize he's f***ing screwing Cody down. (trying to help)
thats how i see their tag team matches booked.
MJF LOVES too much Cody to turn on him.

BUT i agree. no one wants to see babyface MJF. (at least not now)

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad