All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if the dude keeps putting 6* matches and the people dont like him because his company failed. its kinda weird.

Running a company is very hard. at the moment they have a very good backup. but who knows. it can totally fail and that wont change my opinion on the guy's wrestling abilities.

(just like if they succeed. you'll probably still hate the Bucks. two different things for me)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I get that, I mean this drunken character...

I dont mind him poking fun at others, although probably should save that for when the show gets good ratings or it will end really badly

I've said it before. Casual wrestling fans have heard of Kenny Omega. So they wanted to see what the hype was about. And they are probably like "Yeah.. i'll pass." It's just the weirdest way to show the North American casual audience who Omega is. It's disappointing.

Luckily it's still so early early early WAAAAY too early on. But i guarantee you casuals tuned into the big shows and are left like "Yeah f*** this guy. He's no different than anyone else." And that's sad... because Omega IS different.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
more from Kenny making fun of the guys who took his promo seriously.

And just FYI... I f***ing love Omega so much. I cannot wait til he's on top. That's my bold statement. When Omega finally goes on his run - AEW ratings will be at the all time high. Dude is a f***ing legend.

I just get so pissed when friends of mine watch AEW or tune in to some shows and they are like "This guy is who people rave about? He's not even as good as Rollins."

f*** 'em. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
if the dude keeps putting 6* matches and the people dont like him because his company failed. its kinda weird.

Running a company is very hard. at the moment they have a very good backup. but who knows. it can totally fail and that wont change my opinion on the guy's wrestling abilities.

(just like if they succeed. you'll probably still hate the Bucks. two different things for me)
Where would he put on those matches with all the fan fare and visibility though? NJPW doesn’t want him. His company - in this hypothetical scenario - failed, and WWE maintains its monopoly in North America and that $3-million the rumoured offer was turns into a much lower amount with his lowered value.

I’m not saying I want it to happen or it will. I ultimately don’t care, I’m not the one writing the cheque. If AEW failed, though, their value takes a hit.

Also just for the record since it was mentioned earlier, I think AJ Styles is the best all-round talent in North America. Him hanging on the mic with Stone Cold cemented that for me. Kenny would probably be my #2 in NA, but Gargano’s consistency cannot be denied either.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
they can think what they want. Rollins is amazing too, yet he kinda bores me.
not here to fight or convince them.
like im not even exaggeration to say, this particular video, is better than anything that has come out off Rollins mouth. (promo in WWE)

(and if you wanna get technical Rollins tried a Kenny move to replace the Curb Stomp....)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Where would he put on those matches with all the fan fare and visibility though? NJPW doesn’t want him. His company - in this hypothetical scenario - failed, and WWE maintains its monopoly in North America and that $3-million the rumoured offer was turns into a much lower amount with his lowered value.

I’m not saying I want it to happen or it will. I ultimately don’t care, I’m not the one writing the cheque. If AEW failed, though, their value takes a hit.

Also just for the record since it was mentioned earlier, I think AJ Styles is the best all-round talent in North America. Him hanging on the mic with Stone Cold cemented that for me. Kenny would probably be my #2 in NA, but Gargano’s consistency cannot be denied either.

he can go back to Japan. i dont believe he's "banned". like people think. (im obviously exaggerating here)

and yeah AJ is right there too. Gargano is amazing.
theres no wrong answer really.
i have a preference in Kenny.for sure and i think he will still be one of the best in any companmy

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
AJ/Nakamura was one of the biggest duds i've ever seen in WWE. AJ had a long stretch of bad.

But once again this whole discussion - nobody thinks the performer is bad. The writing is not working.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh i was arguing, hypothetically, if AEW fails. i think the guy will still be viewed as the top in the roster, wherever he goes. (value wont drop)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I've said it before. Casual wrestling fans have heard of Kenny Omega. So they wanted to see what the hype was about. And they are probably like "Yeah.. i'll pass." It's just the weirdest way to show the North American casual audience who Omega is. It's disappointing.

Luckily it's still so early early early WAAAAY too early on. But i guarantee you casuals tuned into the big shows and are left like "Yeah **** this guy. He's no different than anyone else." And that's sad... because Omega IS different.

Yeah, said better than I did

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
(arguing to argue) This is exactly how Kenny was presented here, even when he was in Japan. this is still BTE on Youtube.

Show is around the corner. i feel people already decided who they like or not. I hope the TV show gives the new crowd enough to change their mind. but to each their own.

wrestling is hot this days.
lets do this.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Obviously i'm the NJPW fan that only watched leading up to the big shows. To me - that is NOT how Omega was marketed. In fact the Canadian documentary thing on him is exactly how I wanted Kenny portrayed in AEW. And I understood Jericho being champ, but Kenny should have been the main focus of AEW to me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
he can go back to Japan. i dont believe he's "banned". like people think. (im obviously exaggerating here)

and yeah AJ is right there too. Gargano is amazing.
theres no wrong answer really.
i have a preference in Kenny.for sure and i think he will still be one of the best in any companmy
I mean he can go work in AJPW or NOAH. Fact is NJPW is free to use him but would rather use Jericho and Moxley. Kenny’s probably on their shit list.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I can’t even watch that video. No Facebook video ever loads on mobile for me lol

@Disclose stop using antiquated social media :p:

i think its in the new BTE episode. (i havent watched the episode, but thats what description says.)

edit: it is

“I’ll tell you one guy, and I’ll give him a little bit of credit. It is … he’s some sort of ROH guy. Tall, lanky guy. Donovan. His name starts with a D … I don’t even know what it is.”
[Someone off camera says “they’ve never said it on TV, so how could you?]
“::laughing:: BOOM! BOOM! He’s not even used. Ok? But I can see him. Donovon Dickhead. Right? Sitting there, ‘now Triple H will push me. I’m gonna get the TV time now! I’m gonna stand up for the team.’ I speak a promo in-character, ok? Is he mad that I said bad things about Jon Moxley?! No! How many fans do you think came to me and said, ‘Kenny, not cool bro! You really want to hurt Jon Moxley?! You’re not sympathetic to his injury?!’ How many people do you think f*cking said that?! No, its these children. It’s these people that barely have a grasp on the English language and they’re tweeting at me saying, ‘How dare you say that these guys are developmental talent! They’re not developmental and they’re better than you actually! They did more for the business than you!’ Ok ….”
“You want f*cking reality?! You know how many match of the year awards I have? You know how many records I f*cking broke?! I shattered. And no one is ever gonna re-break them.”
“People in Japan are still trying on a daily basis to be the next Kenny Omega. They’re trying so hard.”
“Every last word I said. They knew. They could sense it. They know when I’m in character, but they also know when I’m dishing it out a little bit. Ok? And so, whatever.​

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AJ/Nakamura was one of the biggest duds i've ever seen in WWE. AJ had a long stretch of bad.

But once again this whole discussion - nobody thinks the performer is bad. The writing is not working.

I think in Nakamura's case, they do put it on him. His WWE run was always a pension for him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AJ was great with everyone except Nak. Nakamura just wanted to surf and not have to kill his body in NJPW anymore. He could work a much safer, boring style in WWE and coast on by.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Joe stuff was pretty meh
I liked the matches. It’s hard to get up for Joe matches when you know he’s going to lose, though. I’d say those matches were still consistently 3.5-4.25 star range imo, even with the amount of matches and non-finishes.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That's somewhat disappointing news. Hopefully they can work out something better before too long.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is not good.

you have all this time... you have a network in TSN that is starving for content... and you can’t get a deal?

Either TSN had flashbacks to WWE in the early 2000s and the censorship and editing they needed to do and wanted no part of an AEW TV-14 program, or AEW didn’t want to be on delay in Canada. Nothing else makes sense.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hold up, @Disclose

I’m reading USA and Canada are tied to B/R Live and that Fite TV, AEW+ deal is for those outside of North America.

Canada may not be able to have a legal way to watch AEW if I’m understanding this correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad