Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bobby McKenzie, Elliott Friedman, none of the Globe or Herald or St Louis writers have this Schenn information but a guy who is likely vacuuming cars from 7-4 weekdays has it. Um yah, ok

The Bruins side is tighter than a drum so do the math here.

Not buying multiple sources. One (me) I’ll give him but unless he ran into my kid not sure where the second source is.

NHL Trade Big Board: 20 players who could move before the...

8. Brayden Schenn, Blues: It might be better for headline material to put Vladimir Tarasenko in this slot but the asking price there is sky high. “I know they’d move him,” said one executive of Tarasenko. Still, that’s not an easy midseason trade to pull off. A little more realistic could be a deal involving Schenn. On some level, he’s similar to Derick Brassard last year because he’d give teams depth at center and also term beyond this season, with Schenn signed for one more year at $5.125 million. Like every potentially available center, he’ll be attached to the Bruins. His offensive production is down a touch from last season, averaging closer to his career totals of 0.62 points per game, a reasonable expectation for him.

On defense, Alex Pietrangelo’s name has come up in the rumor mill but he has a no-trade so that’s not an easy one. Colton Parayko is another target for teams looking at defense.

“St. Louis is always a team that is willing to make a deal,” said an NHL source. “Quite a few players there (available). They will be interesting to watch.”

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In my happypuppy thread i just posted standings after 41 games played

There are 8 teams in east on pace for 100 points

Carolina has 43 points. To get to 100 requires 57 points in next 41 games

As you just put it... its a 9 team race now

I hate the playoff format.40 games left and we know for sure Bruins facing Leafs Tampa or Wash.Highly unlikely catching Tampa

Reactions: TCB and sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I hope the Bruins can finish off Toronto in 4 or 5 and be rested for Tampa

They have Tavares and Bruins will have Carlo this time.If Bruins can add the winger for 2nd line I like chances in series for sure.Home ice be nice and only 4 points back is awesome with injuries Bruins have been through.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
NHL Trade Big Board: 20 players who could move before the...

8. Brayden Schenn, Blues: It might be better for headline material to put Vladimir Tarasenko in this slot but the asking price there is sky high. “I know they’d move him,” said one executive of Tarasenko. Still, that’s not an easy midseason trade to pull off. A little more realistic could be a deal involving Schenn. On some level, he’s similar to Derick Brassard last year because he’d give teams depth at center and also term beyond this season, with Schenn signed for one more year at $5.125 million. Like every potentially available center, he’ll be attached to the Bruins. His offensive production is down a touch from last season, averaging closer to his career totals of 0.62 points per game, a reasonable expectation for him.

On defense, Alex Pietrangelo’s name has come up in the rumor mill but he has a no-trade so that’s not an easy one. Colton Parayko is another target for teams looking at defense.

“St. Louis is always a team that is willing to make a deal,” said an NHL source. “Quite a few players there (available). They will be interesting to watch.”

Seeing Pietrangelo's name on there is a little worrisome. I hope the Leafs don't hear about this :nono::sarcasm:

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Seeing Pietrangelo's name on there is a little worrisome. I hope the Leafs don't hear about this :nono::sarcasm:

This is it. I don't think the leafs will be sitting still whether its Pietrangelo,Parayko, Hamilton or someone else I fully expect them too make a move for the back end. Kronwall been rumored for there as well.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
This is it. I don't think the leafs will be sitting still whether its Pietrangelo,Parayko, Hamilton or someone else I fully expect them too make a move for the back end. Kronwall been rumored for there as well.

Definitely. It would be naive to think they won't make a move or, at least, make a big push for some help. They want to keep the #2 seed and they know they need all the help they can get in order to potentially get past the Bruins and Tampa.

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lawson Crouse for zboril. I like Crouse size and may pop 20 goals in the near future but I doubt chyka bites.

I'd almost place money on it.

Why would Arizona trade a player who is contributing at the NHL level in Crouse for a D-man of the same age who is still developing in the minors and may never make it to the show full time?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well ****, Dom.

If you can spill on this, it just means it isn't happening.

Which is something I should be fine with, but dammit anyway. :laugh:

My thoughts too.

If the deal fell through, STL must have upped the ask? I believe this is the same thing that happened the last time the two teams tried to deal with Eriksson? The rumor was that Armstrong changed the deal at the last second.

If the deal was something like Grizz, Heinen, and a lesser prospect...as much as I would miss 43, I would understand the deal. If the ask was more than that, particularly with no guarantee Scheen re-signs, I walk away.

I think there are comparable players to Schenn out there that won’t cost as much.

Saad, Toffoli, Dzingel, Silfverberg for wings.

Hayes, Pageau, Duchene, etc. for centers.

I like Schenn, but I wasn’t necessarily married to him either.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My thoughts too.

If the deal fell through, STL must have upped the ask? I believe this is the same thing that happened the last time the two teams tried to deal with Eriksson? The rumor was that Armstrong changed the deal at the last second.

If the deal was something like Grizz, Heinen, and a lesser prospect...as much as I would miss 43, I would understand the deal. If the ask was more than that, particularly with no guarantee Scheen re-signs, I walk away.

I think there are comparable players to Schenn out there that won’t cost as much.

Saad, Toffoli, Dzingel, Silfverberg for wings.

Hayes, Pageau, Duchene, etc. for centers.

I like Schenn, but I wasn’t necessarily married to him either.

I don’t mind any deal where you end up with the best player for a couple of years, but I do worry about being the team that sets the bar for this seasons trades.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I hate the playoff format.40 games left and we know for sure Bruins facing Leafs Tampa or Wash.Highly unlikely catching Tampa
even if we know we are facing Toronto or tampa… I look forward to those 2 teams more than I would at least 20 other we could end up with

a first round playoff with Columbus really? or Carolina even with the Hartford history?

give me 10 playoff matchups with montreal for every 100 I want with dallas or Anaheim or Winnipeg

but then again if we had 100 with them it would create a rivalry too. and that's the heart of my argument. rivalries are good. knowing your competition is good. anticipation of a war is good. listening to their fan base whine and worry about you is good

I like listening to Toronto sports shows as they obsess if they are big and strong enough to survive against us in the playoffs

just on an aside... when people complain about the playoff format I usally remember they complain about the last format too

I remember when there was 2 teams like la and Anaheim or san jose sitting with like 105 points or so a couple years ago. everyone was so FREAKED OUT that a team with 105 points would get eliminated in first round

meanwhile Chicago and I think stlouis had like 104 point or whatever on the other side

so lets say you go 1-8 confern

LA 108 points
Anaheim 107
Chicago 106
sanjose 105
and then st louis 104

what did you accomplish by 1-8 instead of 1-4?

you still have a team with 104 points getting eliminated. you cant stop it from happening

this year there might be 4 teams with 100 points eliminated first round... but theres absolutely no way to change it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don’t mind any deal where you end up with the best player for a couple of years, but I do worry about being the team that sets the bar for this seasons trades.

The B’s aren’t close enough to being favorites to overpay for the one chip that puts them over the top.

Set a value, draw a line, don’t go over that line.

Move onto the next guy on the list.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
3 players the Boston Bruins should trade for

Nothing new here but anytime there's an article on how sweet Mark Stone would be as a Bruin it's worth the read.

1)Mark Stone
Forward, Ottawa Senators

Getting Stone would give the Bruins a good shot at matching the Maple Leafs and Lightning. It would immediately transform Boston’s top line into an absolute jugernaut. Stone, Bergeron, and Marchand are all elite two-way players who can score. Good luck getting anything done with that trio on the ice.

The Bruins need more than just one forward line to be a true Stanley Cup contender. Stone would force other guys into more appropriate roles. It’s safe to say he’d be the missing puzzle piece. But he’d be an expensive one, at that.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The B’s aren’t close enough to being favorites to overpay for the one chip that puts them over the top.

Set a value, draw a line, don’t go over that line.

Move onto the next guy on the list.

My fear is that Sweeney’s bar is much higher than mine (meaning he’s less likely to make a deal) and he will keep moving on to the next guy, until that guy is this years Stempniak or Liles.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My fear is that Sweeney’s bar is much higher than mine (meaning he’s less likely to make a deal) and he will keep moving on to the next guy, until that guy is this years Stempniak or Liles.

If it comes down to guys like Stemp and Liles, I would rather they go with what they have, keep the picks and prospects and deal at the draft.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
3 players the Boston Bruins should trade for

Nothing new here but anytime there's an article on how sweet Mark Stone would be as a Bruin it's worth the read.

1)Mark Stone
Forward, Ottawa Senators

Getting Stone would give the Bruins a good shot at matching the Maple Leafs and Lightning. It would immediately transform Boston’s top line into an absolute jugernaut. Stone, Bergeron, and Marchand are all elite two-way players who can score. Good luck getting anything done with that trio on the ice.

The Bruins need more than just one forward line to be a true Stanley Cup contender. Stone would force other guys into more appropriate roles. It’s safe to say he’d be the missing puzzle piece. But he’d be an expensive one, at that.

I know most wouldn’t, but given their depth on defense I’d start the package with Carlo....who I really, really like.

But you’ve got to give to get.

The devil is in the details of what else they would ask for in addition to BC.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I know most wouldn’t, but given their depth on defense I’d start the package with Carlo....who I really, really like.

But you’ve got to give to get.

The devil is in the details of what else they would ask for in addition to BC.

Ottawa defense corps is pretty thin especially on the right-side. Carlo plus might get it done. Ottawa would be really tempted and would be licking their chops with the possibility of a Carlo and Chabot pairing for the next 10-15 yrs.

Of course the only way the Bruins would do this is for a signed stone.

Reactions: sarge88

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
If it comes down to guys like Stemp and Liles, I would rather they go with what they have, keep the picks and prospects and deal at the draft.

Agreed. I'd hate to see them spend bunch of picks for just depth guys. There's plenty of depth on the roster both up front and in D. That said, if guys like Tarasenko and Stone were genuinely available I would happily overpay. I'd even put DeBrusk and Carlo on the table for either of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce