Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Previous thread: Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched Murphy interview and laughed 0.0 a first round pick discussed

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Ferland had 7g, 4a in October. In November he had 4g, no assists. 12 games played both months. Since November he has 1g, 3a in 10 games. Hes definitely slowed down.

He, like most players returning from a concussion, had an adjustment period. Since then, he's looked very much like his former self. I don't think the Bruins should trade for him (because I don't think he helps out in the proper area) but you'd be hard-pressed to compare his games from October and his past few games and think there's a different player there.

As for Hamilton, he's capable of being great but he's on pace for 28 points right now versus the 44 he had last year and 50 the year before. He's also a minus 14 but I'm assuming he usually plays against the top lines and plus/minus is kind of a crap stat anyhow. Saying he's struggling might not be fair but he doesn't seem to be excelling. I've also read this week that canes are shopping him and leafs are interested. Not sure if there's any truth to that tho.

Dougie leads all Canes defensemen who have played at least 200 minutes at 5-on-5 in RelCF%, is second in RelxGF%, leads in ixGF/60, and is essentially tied with Calvin De Haan with CA/60. If we're gonna knock him because he has a lower points output its fair to point out that the entire team can't score. He's doing his job, making play go in the right direction, getting the puck on net and creating chances. He's also scored goals in three straight games, so maybe we'll finally see some sh% regression go his way.

Also, plus minus is a horrible statistic for so many reasons, but consider that any team with the kind of goaltending the Canes have had is bound to produce a lot of minus players. I don't know if you've checked but Drew Doughty is -14 on the season but somehow we haven't heard a peep about it from the usual suspects. It's 2019, we have so many better options for player analysis available to us (and for free!). Let's keep the statistics from 1970 in the past where they belong.

As for Dougie's availability, it has nothing to do with his on-ice play or Mysterious Locker Room issues and everything to do with the Canes simply floating a name out there to try to get the best return up front that they can get:

Multiple sources confirmed that the Hurricanes are open to trading Hamilton, not necessarily because they’ve soured on him but because they’re trying to get the best possible offer for a defenseman not named Jaccob Slavin. It would be surprising if the Hurricanes don’t trade either Hamilton, Justin Faulk or Brett Pesce at some point, although the best deal might not be until the draft.
Carolina wants to add scoring and also create a path for Adam Fox – the Harvard defenseman still needs to sign.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You gave him more time than he deserves.
I just checked my Schenn post from 9 days ago and I have Heinen and Grzelcyk and maybe if I’m feeling good a secondary Providence guy

Good job Murph - however

Sweeney is not giving up a 1

Donny Hockey should tell the Blues to go call Buffalo we are done baby

Silverberg with an f somewhere is who I want

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Throughout all of this Schenn speculation I keep reminding myself of Iginla in 2013. We waited and waited and were told that it's a "done deal" but it never happened.
Sometimes when there's smoke it's because someone threw cold water on a hot charcoal BBQ and it smokes up, no fire, just smoke. Probably the last time I remember a big trade happening
with this much talk was when the B's got Gonchar. Since then it never happens the way it's rumoured.

Reactions: AM Bruin

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I just checked my Schenn post from 9 days ago and I have Heinen and Grzelcyk and maybe if I’m feeling good a secondary Providence guy

Good job Murph - however

Me too! Is he on the block?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Good job Murph - however

Silverberg would be sweet but what-makes you think the ducks would want too move him when their fighting for a playoff spot as well?

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
He, like most players returning from a concussion, had an adjustment period. Since then, he's looked very much like his former self. I don't think the Bruins should trade for him (because I don't think he helps out in the proper area) but you'd be hard-pressed to compare his games from October and his past few games and think there's a different player there.

Dougie leads all Canes defensemen who have played at least 200 minutes at 5-on-5 in RelCF%, is second in RelxGF%, leads in ixGF/60, and is essentially tied with Calvin De Haan with CA/60. If we're gonna knock him because he has a lower points output its fair to point out that the entire team can't score. He's doing his job, making play go in the right direction, getting the puck on net and creating chances. He's also scored goals in three straight games, so maybe we'll finally see some sh% regression go his way.

Also, plus minus is a horrible statistic for so many reasons, but consider that any team with the kind of goaltending the Canes have had is bound to produce a lot of minus players. I don't know if you've checked but Drew Doughty is -14 on the season but somehow we haven't heard a peep about it from the usual suspects. It's 2019, we have so many better options for player analysis available to us (and for free!). Let's keep the statistics from 1970 in the past where they belong.

As for Dougie's availability, it has nothing to do with his on-ice play or Mysterious Locker Room issues and everything to do with the Canes simply floating a name out there to try to get the best return up front that they can get:

Multiple sources confirmed that the Hurricanes are open to trading Hamilton, not necessarily because they’ve soured on him but because they’re trying to get the best possible offer for a defenseman not named Jaccob Slavin. It would be surprising if the Hurricanes don’t trade either Hamilton, Justin Faulk or Brett Pesce at some point, although the best deal might not be until the draft.
Carolina wants to add scoring and also create a path for Adam Fox – the Harvard defenseman still needs to sign.

I'm sorry 4 teams in 2 years is too much of a coincidence. I have heard stories from different reporters on SiriusXM hockey that he is not disliked by teammates just considered odd, that hockey isn't his priority and he isn't somebody that does a lot of team functions or hangs around with teammates on the road. The biggest issue from management seems to be he doesn't let any loss, no matter how devastating to the rest of the team, bother him. He looks at hockey as a job and has his own priorities that don't always coincide with the teams or managements.

Not saying Hamilton is a bad player or person just doubtful he will ever live up to expectations or his talent level.

Reactions: Estlin and Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen for Silfverberg

RW underrated UFA

Ducks nuts not to do

Or my preferred deal

Grzelcyk

For

Saad
Bob Murrays response :laugh:
th

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Meanwhile back in Gotham, things are beginning to heat up:

Murph: Robin, spark up the Batmobile -- I just got a hot tip off the interwebs......

Evan Marinofsky: Golly willerkers, Fatman, can't you just call me Evan?

Murph: Not when there's trade play at hand Boy Wonder, there's things happening.

Evan Marinofsky: What is it this time?

Murph: I'm hearing Heinen for Silverberg or Gryz and a third for Saad.

Evan Marinofsky: Isn't that what that guy DKH said on HF Boards a couple of minutes ago....?

Murph: Silence ..... I'm thinking........ yeeeessss...... call the Commissioner.

Evan Marinofsky: Bettman?

Murph: No.... Gordon. And have Alfred make me some tea as well.

Evan Marinofsky: Oh FML....... seriously.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'm sorry 4 teams in 2 years is too much of a coincidence. I have heard stories from different reporters on SiriusXM hockey that he is not disliked by teammates just considered odd, that hockey isn't his priority and he isn't somebody that does a lot of team functions or hangs around with teammates on the road. The biggest issue from management seems to be he doesn't let any loss, no matter how devastating to the rest of the team, bother him. He looks at hockey as a job and has his own priorities that don't always coincide with the teams or managements.

Not saying Hamilton is a bad player or person just doubtful he will ever live up to expectations or his talent level.

People said the same thing about P.K. in Montreal. All I care about is if a guy gets results on the ice, which Dougie does, as demonstrated in my previous post. Justin Bourne, a former pro, wrote a great article at The Athletic about performative anger in hockey. If you don't have a subscription, here's my favorite nugget:

The whole “look how mad I am” thing is easily one of the worst parts of hockey culture. In a sport where you play a ton of games over the course of a season, and you practice just as many times, and you travel together and eat together and spend your lives together, having to pretend to be angry because your team lost X amount of hours ago is a fruitless exercise. The second you get to your hotel room with your roommate — no matter who that teammate is — that shtick is over, and the mask drops. It's over. Wanna watch Friends? Friends is funny, that Gunther sure is weird.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
People said the same thing about P.K. in Montreal. All I care about is if a guy gets results on the ice, which Dougie does, as demonstrated in my previous post. Justin Bourne, a former pro, wrote a great article at The Athletic about performative anger in hockey. If you don't have a subscription, here's my favorite nugget:
I don't buy it. Most everyone I know takes it home with them. Some dwell on it forever, some get over it in a day or two. IMO most people take their work home with them emotionally. It's all how you deal with it I guess but when I was young every day, every comment by my supervisor stuck with me. Maybe this generation is different but even my 23 y.o. niece and my 34 y.o. daughter go home and need to talk it out for a while to put it to rest.
I don't know DH personally but IMO, from what I read he's a selfish jerk. He has helicopter parents and sulks & broods if he doesn't get his way. Some posters here wrote about him when the B's drafted him and it really seems that they knew what they were talking about.

Last edited:

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I don't buy it. Most everyone I know takes it home with them. Some dwell on it forever, some get over it in a day or two. IMO most people take their work home with them emotionally. It's all how you deal with it I guess but when I was young every day, every comment by my supervisor stuck with me. Maybe this generation is different but even my 23 y.o. niece and my 34 y.o. daughter go home and need to talk it out for a while to put it to rest.

Everybody handles stuff differently. Ripping on a guy (who gets good results!!!!) for not handling it the Hockey Man way is so ridiculous.

Just makes the entire NHL look like a cabal of frowning old men.

Reactions: Blueston

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Wasn't his concussion after November tho. Not saying he isn't playing hard but his offense has dropped since October and when you compare that month to his career it's safe to say it was an anomaly. He's a good player, I just wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for him like some were suggesting.

Fair enough on Hamilton, I rarely see the Canes play so I'm not going to argue with you and I definitely agree that plus/minus is a horrible stat.

You can't deny that Lindholm and Hanifin are playing great for Calgary tho.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Silverberg would be sweet but what-makes you think the ducks would want too move him when their fighting for a playoff spot as well?
Heinen could do very well it’s not like they hand over Silfverberg. It’s probably a bad move by Boston if anything

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Everybody handles stuff differently. Ripping on a guy (who gets good results!!!!) for not handling it the Hockey Man way is so ridiculous.

Just makes the entire NHL look like a cabal of frowning old men.

if you're a malcontent who doesn't perform, you're gonna bounce around.

Hamilton's biggest problem is he has a reputation now.

He also is half way through his 2nd straight year of declining performance.

2016-17: 50pts, +12, 0.62 ppg, 47% o-zone start
2017-18: 44pts, +1, 0.54 ppg, 53% o-zone start
2018-19: 14pts, -14, 0.34 ppg, 57% o-zone start

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad