Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm a complete idiot and even I have a couple of sources, FFS, and I'm not even a writer in the sport. It's not hard to have sources. What was hard was that Murph would throw **** against the wall here to see what stuck and when people would challenge him, he acted like we didn't have any business ever questioning him or his word. Given his track record of rarely ever being right, I think anyone with half a brain would challenge his reports.

If you can't recall, this was same guy that claimed Phil Kessel had a coke problem when in reality he was dealing with testicular cancer. And it wasn't that he was wrong all the time, it's that he was a condescending prick when you dared question him. You're wrong that much, yet you act that high and mighty? Nah. Which is why he ran away from posting. Still lurks like a mother****er here though, clearly.

but... where is the harm really? I think the biggest harm is when some advertiser supported business hires a hack to attract and keep hits on the sight

I would never go out of my way to read murphy. I never have. what I know about the guy is mostly what I see here... and then I hear him get interviewed in various places. I will say he doesn't strike me as anyone that breaks info to me

but is that enough for me to hate him?

yes hes arrogant and egotistical imo. it comes through in his interviews

but that's probably needed for his job

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
There’s a lot of hockey left, I know.

But if you look at Hockey Reference playoff percentage chance projections there are currently 14 teams projecting at a less than 30% chance of making the playoffs.

Again, long way to go. But is it just me or does that seem high compared to past seasons at this point?

Seems like this years TDL could be a busy one.

EDM 29.5
ANH 27.4
VAN 23.3
CAR 17.4
FLA 11.6
PHO 10.9
STL 8.5
NYR 7.6
NJD 6.6
CHI 3.2
LAK 2.3
DET 0.7
PHI 0.5
OTT 0.2

Reactions: TCB

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When it comes to trade rumors and leaks it is a theorem that the most reliable leaks originate with Canadian media sources. The Bruins especially want to been seen as playing favorites with any of the local media people but in the past year Amalie seems to be more in the loop she moved to NHLcom.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
but... where is the harm really? I think the biggest harm is when some advertiser supported business hires a hack to attract and keep hits on the sight

I would never go out of my way to read murphy. I never have. what I know about the guy is mostly what I see here... and then I hear him get interviewed in various places. I will say he doesn't strike me as anyone that breaks info to me

but is that enough for me to hate him?

yes hes arrogant and egotistical imo. it comes through in his interviews

but that's probably needed for his job

I have no problem with it but common courtesy to let me know I’m his source

He’s relatively new to this and I’ve got a half century of Knowledge on top of knowing the game like few on the planet. I’ll help him if he asks least I can do

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Will Melnyck pony up cash for Stone or can he be pryed away with a big package offer ?Ottawa has 3 big guys that they need to get locked up or trade or they walk for free.Tick Tock.Dzingel and Stone interest me not Duchene

I would take any of them for the right price, but I think Dzingel might be the guy who the Bruins might have the best chance of landing. Melnyk doesn't want too spend money, but he also knows he needs one of Duchene/Stone to fill some seats. My guess is its Stone. they also have a fine group of Young players in the pipeline who they may feel could replace Dzingel and if trading him makes that pipeline even deeper and cheaper,I'd think Melynk would be all in.

Dzingel and Pageau deal would be a perfect fit and wouldn't break the bank for the Bruins.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I have no problem with it but common courtesy to let me know I’m his source

He’s relatively new to this and I’ve got a half century of Knowledge on top of knowing the game like few on the planet. I’ll help him if he asks least I can do
You’re a good man! :laugh:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There’s a lot of hockey left, I know.

But if you look at Hockey Reference playoff percentage chance projections there are currently 14 teams projecting at a less than 30% chance of making the playoffs.

Again, long way to go. But is it just me or does that seem high compared to past seasons at this point?

Seems like this years TDL could be a busy one.

EDM 29.5
ANH 27.4
VAN 23.3
CAR 17.4
FLA 11.6
PHO 10.9
STL 8.5
NYR 7.6
NJD 6.6
CHI 3.2
LAK 2.3
DET 0.7
PHI 0.5
OTT 0.2

Look at the standings - realistically in the East, you only have 9 teams that are competing for 8 spots - right now

upload_2019-1-7_18-48-59.png

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Look at the standings - realistically in the East, you only have 9 teams that are competing for 8 spots - right now

View attachment 173087

In my happypuppy thread i just posted standings after 41 games played

There are 8 teams in east on pace for 100 points

Carolina has 43 points. To get to 100 requires 57 points in next 41 games

As you just put it... its a 9 team race now

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In my happypuppy thread i just posted standings after 41 games played

There are 8 teams in east on pace for 100 points

Carolina has 43 points. To get to 100 requires 57 points in next 41 games

As you just put it... its a 9 team race now

I think Buffalo is going to fall out of contention as they have been spotty since they won 10 in a row. I think we are on another collision course with Toronto

Reactions: sarge88

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think Buffalo is going to fall out of contention as they have been spotty since they won 10 in a row. I think we are on another collision course with Toronto
I agree and think maybe this time starting the series in Toronto would be a good thing . There will be tremendous pressure on the Leafs to win both games . All the Bruins have to do is split .

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I would take any of them for the right price, but I think Dzingel might be the guy who the Bruins might have the best chance of landing. Melnyk doesn't want too spend money, but he also knows he needs one of Duchene/Stone to fill some seats. My guess is its Stone. they also have a fine group of Young players in the pipeline who they may feel could replace Dzingel and if trading him makes that pipeline even deeper and cheaper,I'd think Melynk would be all in.

Dzingel and Pageau deal would be a perfect fit and wouldn't break the bank for the Bruins.

Decent players but I think the Bruins would like to add some size in their top 9, both these guys are small.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad