Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
The day they traded Allison for Stumpel I was so depressed I walked into the Danvers Costco and bought a huge cake that feeds 20.

The girl asked if I wanted to put anything on it and I asked if ‘we’re ****ed’ ok with a Bruins logo?

I went out in the parking lot and just started eating

Horrible

I'm sorry man, I'll stop laughing soon........................

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
People said the same thing about P.K. in Montreal. All I care about is if a guy gets results on the ice, which Dougie does, as demonstrated in my previous post. Justin Bourne, a former pro, wrote a great article at The Athletic about performative anger in hockey. If you don't have a subscription, here's my favorite nugget:
And he was such a success he now writes for the National. I wouldn't want Hamilton on my team, not worth his contract and if he is your teams 1 or 2 he never wins a cup. Intangibles matter.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I somehow missed that on HF when it went up and got texts with an s if I was Murphy source. Um no but good job by Jimmy he said it perfectly

First off I MADE UP that deal a week ago just screwing around and then I listen and same players, same reasons except I didn’t put a first or second or any draft picks in

It would be nice to be acknowledged as a source but I’m so full of myself already I’m not sure would make a dent

hahahaaha, he's poking around for anythaang...

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wasn't referring to the players. I mean 'NHL' as the body of executives and coaches, etc. Furrowed brows and scowls as kids like Dougie who are "too quiet" and guys like P.K. are "too loud" don't fit The Culture.

Edit: Just saw Gee Wally's post. I will amend my post to say "...in conclusion, the Bruins should re-acquire Dougie Hamilton and trade for Subban. :D"
lol, :laugh:Whatever you say dood!:sarcasm:

Reactions: Bodit9

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Re-reading that tweet, this from his tweet "my sources! You guyyysss....yoouuuuuuu! You got me!j" all I can say is one phrase comes to mind: "many a truth is said in jest"
Starting to think that his "sources" are his two eyeballs!:laugh:
This is amazing!
What a hack!

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
And he was such a success he now writes for the National. I wouldn't want Hamilton on my team, not worth his contract and if he is your teams 1 or 2 he never wins a cup. Intangibles matter.

He was also an assistant coach for the Marlies and his dad was a guy named Bob Bourne. Maybe you've heard of him. But yeah, let's dismiss his opinion because he didn't reach the NHL. Clearly he doesn't know the game!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I sort of think if I had a paying gig that was putting food on the table... id probably be a bit thin skinned if I was being trolled in such a popular online source. a lot of his potential fan base comes through here.

im not sure how young this guy is... how experienced he is.... I guess he did enough mistakes to piss some of you off pretty strongly.

but if hes beating his chest and saying 'I got sources' how is that really anything that a lot of other paid writers aren't doing all the time?

im sure they all have a source or two... hell most of us have a source or two

but if that source only gives you one insider info every 3 years... its hard to do a daily paid column. you have to write every day when you are being paid

honestly... most 'real legit sources' never pan out. I think I can vouch that this st louis rumor is a legit rumor. I seen something that makes me believe theres real talk going on. that said, real talk goes on all the time that doesn't lead to a real trade

people get way too worked up over who has what source... who breaks what news story 2 mins before someone else breaks it...

I want to fantasize one of our insiders here is a 'friend' of mine... so I always pause before I say things that might be interpreted as an insult to him. but id say the same thing about McKenzie/dregor/friedman.

they obviously get some of their rumors correct... they obviously got a lot of sources. but just because they say something doesn't make it so. they are wrong often whether its their fault or not. you cant just take a rumor from anyone... and bank it

we should be grateful to insiders that are interesting and give us fun teases. and if their info pays off that's simply a bonus. the fun is what the real pay off is

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry @DKH but the man has spoken, he came up with the proposal all on his own. :laugh:

I like Murph- we are both Irishman. My mother was born in March 17th and was Patricia OBrien.

My folks sat in loge 7 row 1 seats 7 & 8 at the old Boston Gah-den above corner clock. When Orr scores overtime goal the first hands up are my mothers. It’s from those seats as a yute I started watching the Bruins.

Was I spoiled ? f***ing right but I’d have it no other way.

I’m honored my deal would blow up Twitter

Thursday night at Legends I was at an overflowing table with many of my season ticket friends (Susan and Joe and Jaci many HF regulars know this group) my friend Jay asks me who going to get. I reply the logical player is Schenn - fits a need lengthens the lineup has 2 playoffs in him contract wise and if all goes swimmingly will be 29 in summer 2020 and could be replacement for DK. My daughter not happy at the DK comment but when I’m asked what it would cost I reply - likely Grzelcyk and Heinen and a second tier prospect. No high picks Sweeney can’t deal another first in ‘this’ type of deal and still has lots of inventory. At that point the group starts discussing who should go and my kid says I’m good with this team not trading Grzelcyk & Heinen and bolts up stairs to watch warmups with Ladyfan and her sister Gardenrinkrat

So when that deal apparently blows up Hockey twitter I hear about from my season ticket holder buds who were there or read HF

All good I’m here to help Murph or any others

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I sort of think if I had a paying gig that was putting food on the table... id probably be a bit thin skinned if I was being trolled in such a popular online source. a lot of his potential fan base comes through here.

im not sure how young this guy is... how experienced he is.... I guess he did enough mistakes to piss some of you off pretty strongly.

but if hes beating his chest and saying 'I got sources' how is that really anything that a lot of other paid writers aren't doing all the time?

but if that source only gives you one insider info every 3 years... its hard to do a daily paid column. you have to write every day when you are being paid

honestly... most 'real legit sources' never pan out. I think I can vouch that this st louis rumor is a legit rumor. I seen something that makes me believe theres real talk going on. that said, real talk goes on all the time that doesn't lead to a real trade

people get way too worked up over who has what source... who breaks what news story 2 mins before someone else breaks it...

I want to fantasize one of our insiders here is a 'friend' of mine... so I always pause before I say things that might be interpreted as an insult to him. but id say the same thing about McKenzie/dregor/friedman.

they obviously get some of their rumors correct... they obviously got a lot of sources. but just because they say something doesn't make it so. they are wrong often whether its their fault or not. you cant just take a rumor from anyone... and bank it

we should be grateful to insiders that are interesting and give us fun teases. and if their info pays off that's simply a bonus. the fun is what the real pay off is

I'm a complete idiot and even I have a couple of sources, FFS, and I'm not even a writer in the sport. It's not hard to have sources. What was hard was that Murph would throw shit against the wall here to see what stuck and when people would challenge him, he acted like we didn't have any business ever questioning him or his word. Given his track record of rarely ever being right, I think anyone with half a brain would challenge his reports.

If you can't recall, this was same guy that claimed Phil Kessel had a coke problem when in reality he was dealing with testicular cancer. And it wasn't that he was wrong all the time, it's that he was a condescending prick when you dared question him. You're wrong that much, yet you act that high and mighty? Nah. Which is why he ran away from posting. Still lurks like a motherf***er here though, clearly.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I have no sympathy for that miserable troll.

The guys I feel bad for are the real media guys like Dom, Kirk, Joe Macdonald, Amalie Benjamin and of course Bobby Mac, Friedman, Duthie etc.

Screw Murphy and his miserable troll cult.

Slainte

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I bet I could be a beat writer too!

Let me consult my sources....

8ball.jpg

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Jimmy made his own bed here on Bruins HF Boards. I’ll leave it to others to into details.

He has some other things going against him as well.....

1). Thin skinned or not, if you’re in this business you have to show restraint. Jimmy struggles with that mightily.

2) He positioned himself as a Bruins insider and then went to Montreal market and acted like a fanboy. That’s his prerogative but a true Boston insider should know the risks of that..... particularly now he seems to be back in the Boston “market”.

3). He generalizes and slags off all HF posters and “water coolers” dunces. Not first time he’s taken this approach. He seems to ignore fact that there are people on this board who know a lot more about hockey, and Bruins in particular, than he does.

None of that is very smart if you’re trying to appeal to you “potential fan base”.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Will Melnyck pony up cash for Stone or can he be pryed away with a big package offer ?Ottawa has 3 big guys that they need to get locked up or trade or they walk for free.Tick Tock.Dzingel and Stone interest me not Duchene

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad