Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Carlo+ for signed Stone is something I could get behind. It's steep obviously, but you are not gonna get him for less. He's still 26 years old, that fits right in with our core, but would still have good value in a few years in case we have to rebuild/retool.

Reactions: Bodit9

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Some things are just more important.

I have to confirm something first and I can't do that until morning.

My suggestion is het some sleep and set you alarm for 8 am

Alright the problem is that it is already almost 8 am in Germany in the morning and shift starts at 9. So no more sleep for me anymore :laugh:

What you probably going talk about is, that the deal was never be about the Bruins dealing for Schenn. More another team going for him I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish and TCB

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just thinking: Maybe Vaak is involved in a trade and the Bruins haven't/couldn't announce it because he was in the WJC? Now that the players are getting back to their teams etc maybe there's something up with that?

Reactions: Blowfish

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

As @Dom - OHL knows, McGuire checks in with several TSN radio stations every day but he tends to babble more on CKGM Montreal where he gets a full 20 minutes at 5 PM. Things change during the day and Pierre also treats each station differently.

St. Louis is pretty much in tank mode now and meanwhile, the Bruins are on a roll in early January.

Everybody in the NHL knows Boston is looking for a center but right now there is no reason to overpay for one.

That said, the next 4 games will give us an idea of where the Bruins are right now and I don't expect anything to happen until after they play Montreal next Monday.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
As @Dom - OHL knows, McGuire checks in with several TSN radio stations every day but he tends to babble more on CKGM Montreal where he gets a full 20 minutes at 5 PM. Things change during the day and Pierre also treats each station differently.

St. Louis is pretty much in tank mode now and meanwhile, the Bruins are on a roll in early January.

Everybody in the NHL knows Boston is looking for a center but right now there is no reason to overpay for one.

That said, the next 4 games will give us an idea of where the Bruins are right now and I don't expect anything to happen until after they play Montreal next Monday.
:ha::allears:

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
I wonder what cereal contains those decoder rings? I wish I had one because all this innuendo is hard to keep track of.
I haven't read A. Christie in a while but her mysteries have nothing on this...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I get this plan but i do not think they need 4 games to find out.Gonna find out vs Washington a team that has clobbered them 4 years now.That game should be a good indicator of where they are.They may wait 4 games but they will know Thursday night.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

jesus christ they have had since May. we know where they are as a team. what are they waiting for?

Reactions: PlayMakers

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
jesus christ they have had since May. we know where they are as a team. what are they waiting for?

My gut feeling is Sweeny wants to see how they look against Washington and Toronto this week Then any major moves will be designed with the assumption the Bruins will meet Toronto in the first round.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I get this plan but i do not think they need 4 games to find out.Gonna find out vs Washington a team that has clobbered them 4 years now.That game should be a good indicator of where they are.They may wait 4 games but they will know Thursday night.

It starts tonight against the Wild who historically have played very well in Boston - The Bruins are 3-8-0-0 lifetime vs the Wild in Boston with Minnesota having a 34-22 scoring edge in those 11 contests.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Carlo+ for signed Stone is something I could get behind. It's steep obviously, but you are not gonna get him for less. He's still 26 years old, that fits right in with our core, but would still have good value in a few years in case we have to rebuild/retool.

I would make that deal, but it would really hurt, and for a long time. Carlo is a solid top 4 for the next decade. But I just don't see it happening.

I will be very disappointed if Sweeney can't take advantage of our depth and move Gryz to fill a forward hole. It just makes too much sense

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
3 players the Boston Bruins should trade for

Nothing new here but anytime there's an article on how sweet Mark Stone would be as a Bruin it's worth the read.

1)Mark Stone
Forward, Ottawa Senators

Getting Stone would give the Bruins a good shot at matching the Maple Leafs and Lightning. It would immediately transform Boston’s top line into an absolute jugernaut. Stone, Bergeron, and Marchand are all elite two-way players who can score. Good luck getting anything done with that trio on the ice.

The Bruins need more than just one forward line to be a true Stanley Cup contender. Stone would force other guys into more appropriate roles. It’s safe to say he’d be the missing puzzle piece. But he’d be an expensive one, at that.

If Stone hits the market there better be damm good offer waiting for him from Sweeney, now& summer.

One of the best RW just 26y olds.
Would give Sweeney a lot of breathing room, time to re-tool the center ice.

Not Carlo.He is going to be the horse on backend for years and offence not worth nothing if you have no defence.Sorry but any deals Bruins do Sweeney has to avoid Carlo in them.Just my opinion.

Stone is a superior player to Carlo.
If you can get signed Stone for Carlo I'd say yes.

The defense will be build around McAvoy, and then hopefully Vaaks on the left side.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just thinking: Maybe Vaak is involved in a trade and the Bruins haven't/couldn't announce it because he was in the WJC? Now that the players are getting back to their teams etc maybe there's something up with that?

Vaaks is the best bet for life after Chara on the Bruins right now.

I'd rather deal someone else.

My gut feeling is Sweeny wants to see how they look against Washington and Toronto this week Then any major moves will be designed with the assumption the Bruins will meet Toronto in the first round.

One regulation game here or there shouldn't be the thing that settles it.

In the playoffs they'll have to play against the best game after game and trust you can get consistent scoring from more than 1 line.

Reactions: AM Bruin

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Some things are just more important.

I have to confirm something first and I can't do that until morning.

My suggestion is het some sleep and set you alarm for 8 am
Cancelled my 8:30am meeting for this.....hope its a doozie!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Thanks Dom/Fenway for sharing...thinking it can't be easy knowing multiple reputations are at stake etc. I mean this to be sincere.

I agree a few more games are needed to view full team together (Mac back) however my gut tells me:
1 - Mac possibly in play? So bigger deal?
2 - Multiple teams in play complicating the deal?
3 - Scouts requesting more time?
4 - More teams interested in Blues causing delays & driving up price

Going to be a very interesting week. Waiting until deadline will only make a trade more difficult. I still like the idea of trading with the Sens. Bruins possibly have the deepest and most talented D in the league. They should be able to land a top scoring forward.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Thanks Dom/Fenway for sharing...thinking it can't be easy knowing multiple reputations are at stake etc. I mean this to be sincere.

I agree a few more games are needed to view full team together (Mac back) however my gut tells me:
1 - Mac possibly in play? So bigger deal?
2 - Multiple teams in play complicating the deal?
3 - Scouts requesting more time?
4 - More teams interested in Blues causing delays & driving up price

Going to be a very interesting week. Waiting until deadline will only make a trade more difficult. I still like the idea of trading with the Sens. Bruins possibly have the deepest and most talented D in the league. They should be able to land a top scoring forward.

I would be shocked if McAvoy was in play. Trades take time, there is back and forth, hopefully the deal is not dead (unless STL wants too much).

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

They have had all season to look at a team with significant holes that isn't good enough to compete and they need another 4 games for Sweeney to figure this out? Not doubting you just amazed at how inept and afraid to make moves Sweeney is. Unless he is seeing if they lose all 4 games and he decides to sell there is no reason to wait to make a move that has been needed since August.

His prospects (Donato, Heinen, Bjork) all failed to meet expectations and he failed to have a back up plan because he is a genius and knows more than everybody (see Senyshyn/Barzal). Time for him to do something or Neely/Jacobs jr to fire him and bring in somebody who will.

Reactions: maxl7 and Bodit9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They have had all season to look at a team with significant holes that isn't good enough to compete and they need another 4 games for Sweeney to figure this out? Not doubting you just amazed at how inept and afraid to make moves Sweeney is. Unless he is seeing if they lose all 4 games and he decides to sell there is no reason to wait to make a move that has been needed since August.

His prospects (Donato, Heinen, Bjork) all failed to meet expectations and he failed to have a back up plan because he is a genius and knows more than everybody (see Senyshyn/Barzal). Time for him to do something or Neely/Jacobs jr to fire him and bring in somebody who will.

Someone clearly hasn't eaten their breakfast yet this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad